SHUTOUT

Scottishbengal

Do any of you stat-fiends out there know when was the last time the Bengals shutout the opposition ?

Surely they're overdue another one? Perhaps Sunday ?????

hey Scotty,

I don't have any idea when the Bengals last pitched a shut out. I'd bet that it was a long time ago. I seem to recall their defense being good in the early 80's (80-81) but those are childhood recollections.

I don't think the ravens will be scoring much unless we give them turnovers and poor special teams.

Playing the ravens seems akin to playing virginia tech. If you run the football, play sound special teams and take care of the ball then you'll beat them every time. If you mess any one of the three up then you might lose.

Bengals 25- ravines 19

I think this game has a shot at being a shutout. Simply because the weather is suppossed to be crap. Points don't get scored in bad weather. It also tends to magnify every little mistake. So a shutout would be possible from either team. I would favor the Bengals getting the win and the shutout, but then I would wouldn't I? :D

Thanks for the data San Antonio - it's VERY interesting - the first weekend in December appears to be the most popular for shutting out the foe!!!

I think this game has a shot at being a shutout. Simply because the weather is suppossed to be crap. Points don't get scored in bad weather.

The bad weather is supposed to his the East Coast today and tomorrow. Here in Joisey we're supposed to get 7-14 inches of snow -- memo to mother nature: bite me! -- starting around noon and continuing through Saturday. But the forecast for Baltimore Sunday is partly sunny, temperatures in the mid-thirties, and only a 10% chance of precip. So weather shouldn't be a factor. Which is probably good since we rely on the passing game more than Baltimore.

I think this game has a shot at being a shutout. Simply because the weather is suppossed to be crap. Points don't get scored in bad weather.

The bad weather is supposed to his the East Coast today and tomorrow. Here in Joisey we're supposed to get 7-14 inches of snow -- memo to mother nature: bite me! -- starting around noon and continuing through Saturday. But the forecast for Baltimore Sunday is partly sunny, temperatures in the mid-thirties, and only a 10% chance of precip. So weather shouldn't be a factor. Which is probably good since we rely on the passing game more than Baltimore.

Hope youve got Sunday Ticket then Joisey..... :D