Ray Lewis Hopes Dillon Starts Instead Of Rudi!

walzav29

I hope Ray Lewis gets his wish. I hope that CD starts and is at the top of his game. I hope that Ray Lewis plays all over the field, and that Jamal Lewis is on top of his game too. I want the A game from both sides so there won't be any excuses or comments about stealing the game when its over. If Baltimore wins, then good for 'em. We'll just have to try to run the table on the rest of our games. If we win, then no lame excuses about your head not being where it should or the refs conspiring against you.

Kirkendall - I've read somewhere that Ray Lewis has said that he would like to play for Marvin Lewis again. I didn't find a direct quote to that affect, so I don't know. I think he's one of the best lb's in football. I also don't think we can afford him. More to the point, I don't think we need him badly enough to justify the money we would use getting him. None of our linebackers are as good as Lewis individually, but as a unit, they are very close to being as good as anyones. Now that we know Hunley is staying, they should only get better as they get more time together.

IF ..... IF we can afford one high dollar Fa acquisition, my money goes to Champ Bailey. Our secondary is a greater need than lb's, and Bailey like Lewis is one of the best at his position. The big thing he brings is the experience. We're going to need that as our young guys come along.

Yea, I think that R.Lewis not being a Bengals next season would be due to money. Kevin Hardy has been an average linebacker, I've seen him make a few plays while mistakling a lot has concerned me a little bit. The addition that Lewis could bring to the team is more than on field play, he's a great motivator for his below average talent on the defense. I could also see Ray-Ray taking a massive paycut to play for Marvin.

Champ Bailey though would be a great addition, but his asking price would be higher than Ray Lewis's IF the situation were for either FA to come to Cincy.

In case you have noticed, I'm a big Ray Lewis fan. He reminds me of a player who loves the game and while he pumps up his guys with the "any dogs in the house" chant, it gets me kind of going. His addition would make Brian Simmons better, and he's a Cincinnatian for life, but he needs that role model, he needs a little kick in the butt. Simmons could be a great backer, but hasn't had that guy in front of him (or behind him) to motivate him much. Marvin is trying to, but other than his AFC D player of the week, he's had average performances in a majority of his games.

Yea, I think that R.Lewis not being a Bengals next season would be due to money. Kevin Hardy has been an average linebacker, I've seen him make a few plays while mistakling a lot has concerned me a little bit. The addition that Lewis could bring to the team is more than on field play, he's a great motivator for his below average talent on the defense. I could also see Ray-Ray taking a massive paycut to play for Marvin.

Champ Bailey though would be a great addition, but his asking price would be higher than Ray Lewis's IF the situation were for either FA to come to Cincy.

In case you have noticed, I'm a big Ray Lewis fan. He reminds me of a player who loves the game and while he pumps up his guys with the "any dogs in the house" chant, it gets me kind of going. His addition would make Brian Simmons better, and he's a Cincinnatian for life, but he needs that role model, he needs a little kick in the butt. Simmons could be a great backer, but hasn't had that guy in front of him (or behind him) to motivate him much. Marvin is trying to, but other than his AFC D player of the week, he's had average performances in a majority of his games.

All good points. Hardy hasn't set the world on fire, but he's new to the position. Not making any excuses and I don't like missed tackles either, I'm just saying give him a little more time in his new role. Simmons is and always has been better than he's playing. People around here didn't believe me when I told them that Buffalo didn't get our best linebacker. He's still safe and sound in Cincy. You're also right about him needing to be pushed / kicked or whatever. Fortunately, coach Lewis is filling that role quite well. You could be seeing the development of the next " Ray Lewis " going on right now. I think giving Simmons a role model would be the worst thing that could be done to him. He was way too content to play in Spikes' shadow. Coach Lewis is trying to get him to BE that role model for the other guys. He's definitely got the talent for it, he just needs to decide to step up and do it. I still like our linebacking corps as is. Their play has improved significantly over the course of the season, and I don't think they've peaked yet.

The secondary is another story. We got the coaches, because they are playing now, but truth be told we just ain't got the guys for the coaches to work with. YOU may have guessed that I'm a Bailey fan. We should have drafted him when we had the chance.

Don't get me wrong, if we had unlimited dosh, I'd like to see Lewis AND Bailey in stripes. Having to choose, I'd still take Bailey. Having to face reality, I doubt we get either one. That's the fun part of speculating though .... it don't cost nothin.

I think giving Simmons a role model would be the worst thing that could be done to him. He was way too content to play in Spikes' shadow.

Great point.

We should have drafted him when we had the chance.

I wish we could have to0, but Brown was so in the thought of draft the QB of the future that it never crossed his mind that other positions were in demand as well. Thank GOD for Marvin now.

Don't get me wrong, if we had unlimited dosh, I'd like to see Lewis AND Bailey in stripes. Having to choose, I'd still take Bailey.

I think in terms of need, Bailey would be the better choice. I also like our linebacker crew, but man I'd love to have Ray-Ray.

Funny thing now is, we're are excitedly talking about Bengals football instead of bashing Mike Brown.

You could be seeing the development of the next " Ray Lewis " going on right now. I think giving Simmons a role model would be the worst thing that could be done to him. He was way too content to play in Spikes' shadow. Coach Lewis is trying to get him to BE that role model for the other guys.

And Brian's starting to come out of his shell just a bit. I was skimming the Dayton Daily News' site earlier today when I found this little gem buried all the way at the bottom of the story:

"Don't ask for (three) turnovers or for us to drop interceptions next time you throw," Lewis said. "I promise you we won't. (Kitna) knows he has to come back to Baltimore, and we will be waiting on him."

The Bengals aren't intimidated.

"It's going to be a buzz saw, baby," Simmons said. "It's always tough to go into Baltimore. I don't expect anything different. But the difference this year is we're going to go in there with a little better team than we've had in the past. We're going to let what happens between the lines decide the outcome of the game."

I feel the same way. I hate for refs to have an outcome on the game (i.e. NE v LA). May the best team, that day, win.

Bengals had a good game plan last time and Ravens thought they could just walk on the field and win. You guys can't sneak up on teams anymore though. :D

I don't know that I agree with that. Look at last week. Bengals are on a 3 game win streak that included the Chiefs and a win on the road. Steelers were coming off an ugly win against Cleveland and hadn't won 2 in a row all year. Line ..... Steelers by 3. Even after the game, the Steelers were saying the Bengals " stole " the win. We beat the Chiefs, but according to their coach, the Toughest team they've played all year was the Broncos .... who they beat.

No one is really taking us seriously. We're underdogs again this week. If we win this game, the Ravens players will be saying the same things that were said by the Seahawks, the Chiefs, the Steelers etc. They're still a better team and we got lucky. That's fine ....... luck is good.

I agree about refs too, but the ones you mentioned didn't get fined. The ones you didn't mention did.

Going back to the original point - that Lewis wants Dillon - this topic was brought up before. Dillon vs. Rudi. I said then and say again, Rudi seems to be a more bruising back. Admittedly, I only see him on the highlights, but I think he can go head-to-head with Lewis. Dillon can't, so he'll have to outrun Lewis. That's hard to do laterally. If the O line, the TEs and Jeremi Johnson can neutralize Lewis it won't be an issue.

If we can shut down the two Lewis boys, we should be able to roll these punks.

Going back to the original point - that Lewis wants Dillon - this topic was brought up before. Dillon vs. Rudi. I said then and say again, Rudi seems to be a more bruising back. Admittedly, I only see him on the highlights, but I think he can go head-to-head with Lewis. Dillon can't, so he'll have to outrun Lewis. That's hard to do laterally. If the O line, the TEs and Jeremi Johnson can neutralize Lewis it won't be an issue.

If we can shut down the two Lewis boys, we should be able to roll these punks.

Rudi gives the impression of being a more bruising power runner because he's 3 inches shorter than Dillon. There really isn't a big difference in size from one to the other. Dillon is 6'1 and 225 and Rudi is 5'10 and 233. Between the 2, Dillon is probably the more punishing runner because he hits the guy who is trying to tackle him before the guy hits him. Rudi has a lower center of gravity and lets guys bounce off so to speak. The key for either of them is going to be the line. The O line did a great job in the first game, but we still didn't generate much of a running game. If they can repeat their earlier performance it would make the Bengals much less one dimensional. A good running game would definitely tilt the odds in our favor.

Jamal Lewis is going to get yards, and Ray Lewis is going to make tackles. They always do. The one that the Bengals better keep an eye on is Todd Heap. That guy is a weapon. It won't shock me to see the TE's on both teams be a big part of this game. This is going to be a good one.

I'd have to say Ray-Ray is trying to get his team fired up, and try not to let them get intimidated by a future hall of famer. But Dillon is just about the same kind of bruising back that Rudi is, he is just more elusive. Dillon is the running back that broke Ravens streak of holding running backs under 100 yards. But Ray-ray likes to flap his jaws more than just about anybody and does his best to fire up and inspire his team. But he really doesn't want to have to trade punches all day with Dillon and/or Rudi, cause if he does, that probably means the Bengals will be winning.

firing up CD is a bad idea. He runs best when that chip on his shoulder feels more like a boulder and it's heading straight downfield.

is Ray-Ray secretly trying to get Dillon to take over this game and dominate? it might just work.

Well see, that's what I don't get. Everybody in the League knows that when Dillon is pissed, he runs his ass off, and will where a new one into whatever team he's playing...Look what he did in San Diego with just a few touches. Lewis is normally a smart player, but trying to slag CD is not a smart thing.

1 - Ray wont be in Cincinnati because he is locked up with a new contract about a year old

2 - Ray can tell Corey anything he wants because he knows Corey wont be able to do anything about it.

I have two more words:

Eddie George

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - Ray wont be in Cincinnati because he is locked up with a new contract about a year old

2 - Ray can tell Corey anything he wants because he knows Corey wont be able to do anything about it.

I have two more words:

Eddie George

1.) Yep, what is like a ten year contract? Which means he'll be a Free Agent in three years at most

2.) Right....Keep thinking that. This is two future hall of famers going at it...It's gonna be good.

Eddie George? WTF?

What's one of the most overated backs in the NFL got to do with anything? Eddie George in his prime wishes he had the skills of CD.

I have two more words:

Eddie George

If you remember Eddie George, then you ought to recall as well that he was only one of several running backs that left big muddy footprints on Bengals jerseys from running over them.

As for 1 and 2, I like Ray Lewis fine right where he is ............ and you're right he can say anything he wants not only to CD but to anyone else as well.

I like what Simmons said better. " It'll be decided between the lines." As for me personally, I ain't gonna be on the field, so I don't care who's fired up and or mad. I may go oooohhhhhhhhhhh or OH ! a couple of times but it won't really hurt.

"BALTIMORE — The body of a federal prosecutor who was trying a Baltimore rapper was found Thursday morning in a ditch in Lancaster County, Pa., and authorities believe he was murdered, law enforcement officials told Fox News." - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104850,00.html

Yeah, wasn't Ray with some rappers in Atlanta. Maybe we won't have to worry about him this weekend. B)

BTW, thanks for setting me straight on CD. I haven't lived in Cincy since the late 80s. Didn't see many TV games while on a USN ship in the South Pacific or Persian Gulf & while living here in Phoenix. Only a few highlights now and again. I was at the AZ game, but he only got 5 yards on 7 carries. ESPN showed Rudi punking people and I always see CD outrunning people - simple ASSumption. :)

I'm really looking forward to this game, it's getting me excited thinking about it. Even more so, I'm really looking forward to see how many bruises Dillon inflicts on Ray. It'll be awesome seeing the two more respected players at their position match up.

Cincinnati 31

Baltimore 0

I'm sorry it has.... oh crap!! :)

Ray Lewis could become the best player in the NFL. The reason I say this is the other top guys are so contingent on the rest of the team. A defensive player can stand out in the NFL even on a weak team.

I put him in the top 5 with:

1. A healthy Marshall Faulk

2. Steve McNair

3. Ray Lewis

4. Randy Moss (if he lost the tude, he could be the best WR ever)

5. Peyton Manning

He is also my No. 2 LB of all-time

1. LT

2. Ray Lewis

3. Butkus

4. Ray Nitschke

5. Lambert/Singletary

I saw Ray Lewis "face plant" Ricky Williams and I saw Dillon quit a game versus Ravens. I don't think you have anyone in RW's class. IMO, Ray Lewis has won the head game over Dillon much like he did Eddie George.

I'm surprised that Marvin Lewis hasn't given Dillon his walking papers. 49ers have a backfield similar to the Bengals, but got down quick and then, for some reason, continued to run.

Thing about Lewis is, he can back up everything he says. Must be nice.

25 degrees and snow here so, may the best team win.