Ray Lewis Hopes Dillon Starts Instead Of Rudi!

walzav29

Ray Lewis wants Corey Dillon to start because Rudi runs harder

I finally agree with the aquitted mofo. I never thought that I'd agree with rayray. CD needs a big finish to the year to increase his trade value.

Therefore I like the Bengals to WIN with 25 points. The ravines cannot muster that many points unless many of them are gift wrapped. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to see how many bruises Dillon inflicts on Ray.

At one time Corey had the best stiff-arm in the game. I hope he remembers to bring it with him to The Ugliest City On Earth (Baltimore, for the impaired among us). Tell Ray Lewis to talk to the hand, Corey!

4. Randy Moss (if he lost the tude, he could be the best WR ever)

I think Randy needs to give more of a damn than what he exhibits. He needs to act like he wants to play instead of the crap he puts on the field -- i.e. not playing hard, not blocking. But remember Jerry Rice? He was described as a jerk while playing in his early days.

Oh well. If Chad Johnson and Palmer work well together, I think the next best WR will play in Cincy. Man, that's bold!

Oh Touche Kirkendall!

We went 7-9 last year and were in playoff contention up until the last game with sorry loser ass Jeff Blake at the helm.

Ray was put on IR in week 6. We also had 20 rookies!

Billick is one of the most underappreciated coaches in the league somehow.

The Ravens are always tough even w/o the best player in the league.

Obviously we can argue the merits of who is best so let's go!

1 - Faulk, when healthy he is Ray's biggest competition no doubt

2 - Steve McNair doesn't count because Ray owns the Titans, Air McNair included, remember when Ray broke McNair's shoulder in the playoffs in 2000??? He owns McNair and George and Mullet-Boy Jeff Fisher

4 - Moss has none of the work ethic and passion that Ray has, if he did, you are correct again, he would be the best WR ever.

5 - Manning can blow me! I am a Tennesee fan through and through and I saw firsthand his ineptness in big games. No playoff victories, cant win in cold weather, and cant beat the Gators! Even Tee Martin could :)

Manning is a stats monster but of little substance, Im sorry but I have no fear of that guy as a Ravens fan. Ill even say that the Bengals would whip him in a playoff game or a home game in December!

:unsure: Is ray lewis kidding?..does he think that Corey or anyone on the Bengals is gonna put up with his high school bulls**t?This is a man that is trying to intimidate,...just like he did when he committed murder.How can anyone root for someone who took another persons life with no remorse?I have been a Bengals fan all my life,..but im not saying all this because of that,im saying it because if ray lewis loses,..i'd be watching out for a driveby Bengals

Jam31 - Don't you think that Ray is the main heart behind the team? I've always thought that his motivation and ability to drive his teammates was always the key. While he was injured he was still doing that chant (no one does the pre-game like he does). I'm not referring to his ability to play on the field, but his overall charactor and what he means to the 'mates around him.

I'm not sure though, I'm not a Ravens fan and only see how they are doing so I'm not well versed in Raven-ball.

Plus I don't like the references made a lot in this forum about Ray being a murderer. That has nothing to do with football and he was never convicted also (I know that doesn't mean much with celebreties), but he has taken on the role as being a model for football players on the field, in practice, and in PR.

Man I'm going to get crap for that, take it easy on me gang :unsure:

Oh, and regarding Manning, I know he has the label of not being able to win the big games; i.e. Gators and all of the NFL. But I think within time, he will be. I only say that because of the John Elway theory; didn't win the big ones until the end of his career.

I'm sure the ol' Vols are still frustrated with him though, I would be too.

Hey Kirk,

Count me in as one of thos ol' Vols! I actually was hoping Manning's choking ass would forego his senior year just so we could beat Florida! Of course he didn't and we had to wait one more year for Tee Martin to deliver us :)

I totally agree with you on #52. Ray is the cornerstone of the defense and the team whereas Jamal is the cornerstone of the offense. Our defense with his influence plays like 11 little Ray-Rays out there. You can't help but raise your level of play when you are on the same field as him.

And thank you so much regarding his past indictments and subsequent acquittals, you'll find I dont even address that BS, I just choose to ignore it.

Anyone who knows Ray Lewis knows he has a heart of gold and he is the New Cal Ripken of the Baltimore Community. Im not saying he hasn't made mistakes in the past, we all have.

But he is the man and if anyone talks about his past that is when I just bring out the smack and say "BEAT US!"

I try not to be angry but that stufff gets my blood boiling

Believe it or not Ray-ven haters but Ray is a pillar of Baltimore now and he is going to the hall of fame so everyone should get used it.

1 - Faulk, when healthy he is Ray's biggest competition no doubt

2 - Steve McNair doesn't count because Ray owns the Titans, Air McNair included, remember when Ray broke McNair's shoulder in the playoffs in 2000??? He owns McNair and George and Mullet-Boy Jeff Fisher

4 - Moss has none of the work ethic and passion that Ray has, if he did, you are correct again, he would be the best WR ever.

5 - Manning can blow me! I am a Tennesee fan through and through and I saw firsthand his ineptness in big games. No playoff victories, cant win in cold weather, and cant beat the Gators! Even Tee Martin could

Manning is a stats monster but of little substance, Im sorry but I have no fear of that guy as a Ravens fan. Ill even say that the Bengals would whip him in a playoff game or a home game in December!

Manning was last on my list for a reason. I almost didn't list him, but he has raised his level of play and looks to overcome his jonx. I am still in shock they lost to NE at home. What terrible playcalling. I'd like to think that Manning did not call the plays but he probably did.

In his place I was going to offer up Priest Holmes. There are not many RB's whose play is so pivitol the the success of their team, case in point, the Cincy-KC game, where he was shut down for like 62 yds.

As far as Randy Moss, I personally do not like him. Despite his ridiculous talent, his attitude is ugly. It has to affect the team in a negative way. Randy, take some time to think about what happened to Meshawn.

Ray Lewis will probably go down as one of the best defensive players in the history of football. He shines when the Ravens are good and bad. He clearly can domnate any game he plays in and his intangibles and leadership, work ethic and intensity are off the chart. The only drawback is once his skills start diminishing (obviously not right now), I see him ending up like Junior Seau. Going like heck to the wrong spot a step slower. Not a cut on Ray-Ray but LB is unforgiving once the skills slip a little.

KW:

I agree with almost everything you say, my only small point of contention is that when Ray does in fact lose a step he will still, more often than not, be in the right place.

He is a coach on the field and no one in the league is more diligent in film study. While his physical skills will decline eventually, his football intellect will not.

But that's just me defending my boy!

Randy, take some time to think about what happened to Meshawn.

I think the difference with Keyshawn was a problem to the coaches constantly critical and outspoken to the point of annoyance. The Vikings will never readily give up Moss and they shouldn't. It is understood that the relationship with the Vikes coaches and Moss is very solid.

But Keyshawn is very selfish and too arrogent for the NFL. Moss thinks he's all that, but doesn't demand attention if his team is successful.

No doubt Moss has had problems but like Cris Carter, he'll mature with time. I am a huge Vikings fan (used to live there) but still a Bengal for life. Keyshawn was a serious problem in the lockerroom, Moss (for all of the publicity he receives) is not a distraction. His attitude does suck (not making excuses for him) but he is young, immature, came from a program (Marshal) with a history of problematic players and crowned the best NFL receiver his first three years. His ego is huge, and his upbringing was difficult but I'm sure he'll mature with time.

Me too, this is exactly how Tennesee fans felt in 2000...

They were quiet and workmanlike, and we showed up on their field wearing army fatigues

Bottom line is that it has to translate onto the field or imbetween the lines as Brian Simmon says.

We shall see but my money is on the Bullies in Purple

Goodness I cant wait for 1 pm Sunday

ps - I wonder what Takeo Spikes is thinking about right now LOL!

:o

You guys keep saying that Ray Lewis was acquitted. That's simply not true. He was NOT acquitted. He plea barginned out of murder charges by testifying against two of his ex-friends, neither of whom were convicted and both of whom say that Ray Lewis did it. It's all over the internet: for example, here.

"Lewis avoided a possible murder conviction by pleading guilty Monday to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice and agreeing to testify against his two co-defendants."

"He was sentenced to one year’s probation under Georgia’s First Offender Act on Tuesday and plans to attend the Ravens’ training camp."

He was also fined $250,000 for "conduct detrimental to the NFL".

Believe what you want, but stick to the facts!

Top 5 things Takeo is doing this week.

5. Frantically filling out online forms for the Pro Bowl voting.

4. Holding Dick Lebeau’s hand in the film room while they watch the Bengals on Sportscenter.

3. Debating over whose name is cooler: Takeo, London or Lawyer.

2. Trying to figure out what “Lake-Effect” means

And the No. 1 thing Takeo Spike will be doing this week is…..

Reteaching Drew Bledsoe his A-B-C’s

KW: nice post LMAO! He looks about as dumb as a doornail right about now

To all the Ray-Haters, once and for all listen, the boy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He contacted the overzealous Atlanta Prosecutors before he headed out of town for the Pro-Bowl to cooperate with them and they locked him up on the spot with no solid evidence...

The charges were bogus, they had no case and they settled out as soon as possible, true he wasn't acquitted but he wasn't convicted either. So please just get over it, he's on the field now and you get to watch him dominate every sunday.

So just sit down and enjoy the game sunday.

I dont hear anyone crying about Leonard Little on St Louis who killed a woman drunk driving, yeah thats right, KILLED A WOMAN WHILE DRUNK DRIVING

He did about 3 months in jail and now he is a hero

Ray was wrong for covering up for his boys but dont act like people all over the US dont do things like that on a daily basis. So get off the holier than thou. He is a great guy and his charities help out Baltimore more than you can imagine. Most of all he is a human just like us.

You are not God so dont judge. I am a Ravens fan and he is the best player in the league. Ya'll are just jealous that you dont have him.

You guys embrace Marvin Lewis, well guess what, according to your f-ed up logic, he is a bastard because he not only

A - Coached the guy

B - is friends with the guy

C - respects the guy

If Ray is good enough for your head coach, what does that mean???

Save the murder wrap and lets talk football

You have a good team we have a good team

May the Best Team Win

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!! (Baltimore 27, Cincinnati 13)

Still wasn't convicted of murder, correct?  I don't have all the facts, and I don't want to go into this much longer, but I do know that he wasn't convicted.  Maybe he was suspected before, maybe he plead out, doesn't matter.  He's not convicted and that was my whole point.

No, I guess as long as he's free to play football, and he didn't kill you or someone in your family, no it doesn't matter.

I followed that case very closely. Here in California, they make a big-deal of athletes and some of the troubles they face (Kobe anyone?).

Here is my opinion based on all that I read, saw and was reported.

I don’t think Ray Lewis killed anyone. I think his homey’s did it. The way it was explained and described was that Ray was right there, the sh*t hit the fan and they all bolted the scene together in his limo. Ray admitted to and plead guilty to lying to the police in sworn statements, thus the obstruction charge. Ray had some bad news friends, guys who were actual criminals. Ray may be a bad-a** football player but taking a knife and stabbing a body to death is not something that most people can bring themselves to do. While Ray Lewis is not most people (obviously) his cohorts that evening had prior violent crimes and time served. The prosecutor knew they had Lewis scared out of his mind with the murder charges and used that as leverage for him to plead to obstruction and get him to turn on his street boyz. Probably not a tough choice. As for the suspended sentence/probation and fine from the NFL, the whole affair and prospect of going to Prison probably scared the guy so bad, that other stuff seemed like nothing.

As Jam31 points out quite well, we are not GOD and can't judge, certainly I won't. There are many worse villains than Ray Lewis, take Rae Carruth, an actual murderer. Plus, lot's of everyday people make tons of seriously bad decisions everyday. Some of us may even have had something effect our lives directly.

I think that Ray has done a decent job of creating the image of someone redirecting the energy in his life towards his game and making himself a better person, but since I don't know the guy, who can REALLY say. You can only hope it is true and that the guy has it together on the inside.