To clear up Bills/Bengals

TKONBuffalo

The last time the Bengals beat the Bills was 1990, 14 YEARS AGO.

Since then:

1991 35-17 <---Tried to mess with James Lofton on MNF!

1996 31-17

1998 33-20

2002 27-9

2003 22-16

FACE THE FACTS Bills bashers. You have nothing to go on, nowhere to hide, no statistics, no records that will give you ANY edge in this meeting.

The last time the Bengals beat the Bills was 1990, 14 YEARS AGO.

Since then:

1991 35-17 <---Tried to mess with James Lofton on MNF!

1996 31-17

1998 33-20

2002 27-9

2003 22-16

FACE THE FACTS Bills bashers. You have nothing to go on, nowhere to hide, no statistics, no records that will give you ANY edge in this meeting.

The facts are that we have played 3 defenses ranked #1 (Skins, Broncs, and the Steelers) and we beat 2 out of 3 of those defenses.

The fact is that while you were absolutely embarassed by NE, we gave them one of the toughest games they've had this season.

The fact is that Carson Palmer has a better passer rating than Bledsoe.

The fact is that your #1 WR has 78 more yards than our #2 WR on the season, and our #1 has 300 more yards than your #1.

The fact is that while your RB has yet to break 1000 yards, our RB is 6 yards away from 1200 yards.

The fact is that even though you played an easier schedule than the Bengals, you have only one more win than us.

The fact is that this season we have lost at home only twice this season, one of those losses was to Baltimore (who we went on the road and beat) and one was the Pittsburgh (who barely walked away with a win both times we played them). We are tough at home.

The fact is that all you have on the Bengals is a better defense. As you can clearly see, it doesn't matter what defense we are playing, we will score on you.

The fact is that you gave up 32 points to the Dolphins.

And finally, the fact is that this isn't the same team from the past. If you take away our backup center, we are the youngest team in the NFL. We will win our final 2 home games, and we will put up a hell of a fight in Philadelphia and more than likely win because they will probably sit some players in preperation for the playoffs, and we will be 9-7. You will lose to us, and then you will lose to Pittsburgh, putting you at 8-8.

Shall I go on?

Here's anothe fact since the only thing you guys can talk about is your offense....

We've scored just as many points....

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Ah,I see you've looked at the total points on the year,but that's misleading.

The O was averaging just 18 points a game through the first seven games;understandable with a young QB starting for the first time.

The game started slowing down for Palmer in game eight.His QB rating since game eight has averaged 95,and the Bengals have averaged 28 points a game since.The Ravens,Patriots,Redskins,and the Steelers were teams the Bengals played during this streak,all of whom have great defenses.

Our O just scored 28 points,and should have scored more,on one of the best defenses in the NFL in NE.It also racked up 478 yards of total offense.Your O managed a paltry 125 total yards against them.

Stick THAT in YOUR pipe.

Here's anothe fact since the only thing you guys can talk about is your offense....

We've scored just as many points....

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Ah,I see you've looked at the total points on the year,but that's misleading.

The O was averaging just 18 points a game through the first seven games;understandable with a young QB starting for the first time.

The game started slowing down for Palmer in game eight.His QB rating since game eight has averaged 95,and the Bengals have averaged 28 points a game since.The Ravens,Patriots,Redskins,and the Steelers were teams the Bengals played during this streak,all of whom have great defenses.

Our O just scored 28 points,and should have scored more,on one of the best defenses in the NFL in NE.It also racked up 478 yards of total offense.Your O managed a paltry 125 total yards against them.

Stick THAT in YOUR pipe.

Well if Bledsoe didn't think he was playing for NE that game.... maybe we could of done better..... since then.... Bledsoe has been playing 100 times better.....

I wouldn't exactly call NE's defense one of the best.... they are not even top 10.

Vs. the Patsies McCown went 20-34 for 277 yards, with 3 sacks for 36 yards lost, 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Against the Bills he was 8-20 for 62 yards, with 7 sacks for 74 yards lost, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

you bills fans are f**king losers dude.

who goes to other teams boards just to say "omg the team i root for is so going to kill your team, blah blah" and just generally troll around.  get a life people.

wow... nice... very mature arguement....

Maybe you should ask some of your fellow fans on the Bills Message board.

notice a. how im not one of them, and b. i never said they were any better.

Well, no smack, no flaming, lets just look for a good, hard fought game. No sense comparing common opponents like the Dolphins. Sure they scored 32 on us, but did you score 42 on them? It's all relative.

What I have been impressed with is the the growth Palmer has shown of late. He took a rather average three quarters against the Ravens and then lit them up in the 4th. Rudi Johnson has been outstanding. I liked C. Johnson much more before he became quite so cocky, but he is a hell of a WR. Housh has seemingly gone from extremely undependable to a very solid 2nd WR with some big play ability. In the traditional skill positions, the Bengals have some fine talent. For the Bengals sake, I hope they can keep it together.

The Bills have some weapons as well. Moulds still can be effective, and Lee Evans has been really coming on of late. Quite capable of the big play anytime he touches the ball. McGahee got the job mainly because he earned it and has gotten better every week. Travis Henry runs hard, but that was about all he can do. Can't block, poor coming out of the back field, and has had fumble issues as well. What's hurt Henry most this year is he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. That opened the door for McGahee. What we never know is if our aging QB will play well or not. Bledsoe has not been a picture of consistency.

Our defense can be dominating (mostly) or it can be had (sometimes). Sam Adams has had one hell of a year. Takeo (thank you by the way) has been outstanding. Now with Vincent back, our most glaring weakness on defense (FS) has been shored up.

Your FG kicker (Graham - your welcome) has been very good. Ours isn't worth much beyond from 40 or beyond. yet beyond Lindell, our special teams have been lights out, especially in the return game. Moorman is one of the best punters in the game today too.

Offense, I'd give the edge to the Bengals at this point (all depends on whether Bledsoe shows up or not and if Palmer can play). Defensively, the edge clearly goes to the Bills. Special teams? Edge to the Bills again, based on the big play capability in the return game.

If Palmer is out, Kitna is capable. He had a great run last year from around mid-season til the last game or two. However, I'd much rather face him than Palmer at this point. Palmer CAN make all the throws. Kitna cannot.

To me, this game boils down to your offense against the our defense and with all things being equal, our special teams return game could play a big role in the final outcome.

P.S. The fact that the Bengals offense has been coming on of late, isn't much different than our own. After the first 6 games, we had run up only 77 points, for an average far less than yours. However, in the last four games we've managed 38 points a game with all three phases of the team contributing.

Here's to a good game, period.

I wouldn't exactly call NE's defense one of the best.... they are not even top 10

Let me help you out here since one week in the NFL can change drastically.

After giving up 28 points to the Bengals the Pats fell back into the top 10 with scoring defense averaging 16 points per game -- 5th. The 28 points must have dropped the average into the top 10.

Bills rank? 9th.

Seriously. How can Bills fans be so cocky? Lets look at the W's.

Miami - 2 wins

Arizona - heir apparent to the Bengals

New York - the game Pennington got hurt

St. Louis - terrible on the road

Seattle - team was in disarray

Miami - 2 wins

Cleveland - unanimously known as the worst team in football

They lost by 14 at home to NE, and by 23 on the road, we lost by 7.

They lost by 14 at Baltimore, we won

I demand that they respect this Bengals game. They certainly will come Sunday at 5.

Seriously. How can Bills fans be so cocky? Lets look at the W's.

Miami - 2 wins

Arizona - heir apparent to the Bengals

New York - the game Pennington got hurt

St. Louis - terrible on the road

Seattle - team was in disarray

Miami - 2 wins

Cleveland - unanimously known as the worst team in football

They lost by 14 at home to NE, and by 23 on the road, we lost by 7.

They lost by 14 at Baltimore, we won

I demand that they respect this Bengals game. They certainly will come Sunday at 5.

And who have you beaten?

Lets see...

Cin 16 Miami13.... If we can't count it neither can you

Cin 23 Den 10......Ah Denver hardly a great team.

Cin 26 Dal 3........ Nice win but Dallas sucks

Cin 17 Was 10.........Squeaked one out against the Skins, Congrats

Cin 58 Cle 48.......... You say this game was a joke yet they put up 48 on you at

your place. 17 yards, thats right, Yards

Cin 27 Bal 26...........Nice win, comeback on the road against a great D. Yup,

even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Well there you have it, the Cincinasty wins. Now why should I be worried?

Seriously.

Cin 16 Miami13.... If we can't count it neither can you

Cin 23 Den 10......Ah Denver hardly a great team.

Cin 26 Dal 3........ Nice win but Dallas sucks

Cin 17 Was 10.........Squeaked one out against the Skins, Congrats

Cin 58 Cle 48.......... You say this game was a joke yet they put up 48 on you at

your place. 17 yards, thats right, Yards

Cin 27 Bal 26...........Nice win, comeback on the road against a great D. Yup,

even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Well there you have it, the Cincinasty wins. Now why should I be worried?

First off, the "Hardly a great team" game you gave us, is still better than anyone you beat. Denver was rolling coming into the game and Droughns was piling up the #'s. Our best WR smoked the "best cb in the game." Secondly, the 58 - 48 game is what set them in motion to be currently the worst team in football. At least they put an NFL QB vs. us. They also lost their head coach, that QB, and their best defensive player vs. us, so maybe you should thank us for the fact that you beat them. Dallas has proven that they don't suck. They're not good, but they don't suck and we dominated them. Skins game was bigger than it looked because we had the road monkey on our back, but they are not good. Another thing about the Cleveland game, those types of games just happen every once in a while. They are football anomalies. But don't think for one second we played the same Cleveland teams. Our first game vs. Cleveland was a different team than the one we played at home later in the year. Everyone is on your dicks because of the schedule. It's going to be really funny when you have to play even a third place schedule next year and you wonder what happened halfway the season and you're 1 - 7. "But we were so good last year! Marv come bail us out! take us back the Super Bowl! Why the fall off?"

On the face of it, the Bills would seem to have an uphill battle with the Bengals.

But the Bills have something that doesn't show up in the stats: momentum.

This team is absolutely ferocious. It is literally destroying everything in its path.

Sure, you say, they held the Cleveland Browns to 17 total yards -- but it was the Browns. But Browns QB McCown threw for 277 yards against the Pats, so it is not like Cleveland didn't bring anything to the table.

this Sunday's game will be a heck of a contest, but I think the Bills will be more desperate because they have more to lose.

On the face of it, the Bills would seem to have an uphill battle with the Bengals.

But the Bills have something that doesn't show up in the stats: momentum.

This team is absolutely ferocious. It is literally destroying everything in its path.

Sure, you say, they held the Cleveland Browns to 17 total yards -- but it was the Browns. But Browns QB McCown threw for 277 yards against the Pats, so it is not like Cleveland didn't bring anything to the table.

this Sunday's game will be a heck of a contest, but I think the Bills will be more desperate because they have more to lose.

PBS is a hard place to play. Ask the Chiefs. If you don't think us playing for 9 - 7 isn't something to play for, or being pissed about last year's game, or our team being better than last year, or pissed at letting one get away, or Marvin not letting them relax, or how we had to sit for 3 weeks and listen to you were up and coming while we had the same record beat better teams but still got no love, or playing at home, or playing TKO or whatever, you don't know anything about this team. Dick LeBeau is not our coach, neither is Bruce Coslet. This team will not lie down. There is no such thing as nothing to play for around here, because Marvin will run any player with nothing to play for out of here. TKO didn't want to be here, peace out TKO. Corey didn't want to be here, peace out Corey. Steve Foley slacked, peace out. Lamont Thompson didn't work hard enough to learn the playbook, peace out. those 4 guys are all having great years, doesn't matter. We're better without them than with them. That is because of Marvin. Honestly, my assessment, and I call 'em how I see em, Bengals 26 - Bills 17.

Points per game, Bungles 22.8 Bills 22.8. Wierd since your offense is so good. Oh Defensive points allowed Bungles 23.6 Bills 17.8.

Advantage good guys. Heres the thing, you can't cover our wideouts and you can't stop Willis, theres no two ways about it these are facts.

You can line Chad Johnson and TJ Housmawhatever up and we'll just shut them down. Nate Clements, Mcgee, Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent Ballhawking passes from whatever hack you put back there.

Our run D is sick, we have 700+ lbs of diesel power up the middle and TKO and London to clean up messes.

You can pretend that you are not the Bungles but it will become evident on Sunday that you are no better than you have been for the last decade.

The smack continues doesn't it? Let's face it folks, what we have is hopefully a good game on Sunday. Two hungry teams banging heads. What I don't get is the lack or respect, both ways. Another thing is that with the Bills being 7-6 and the Bengals being 6-7, all it shows is that both teams are capable of good games, as well as clunkers. 10-3 might earn the privilege to talk smack, maybe....but surely we haven't with our combined records.

And I may also add that in the NFL, there are no moral victories. The NFL only records the wins, the loses, and the rare tie. Sure the Bengals offense outgained the Pats, but the Bengals lost. The Bills lost two game (Jags & Jets) on game ending plays. Lost a third (Raiders) because our coach failed to challenge a goal line call. The Bengals may have had a few of these too. Bottom line, loses.

Remember, on any given Sunday (except the Browns).....

I think what matters is that we have still have a shot at the playoffs.  YOU have a shot at improving your draft pick

No, that's not what matters. What matters is whether you have a shot after this week. Everyone has already all the stabs. Your post sheds no new light, your fellow fans already beat you to anything new and witty that you could probably come up with. The reason you have a shot at the playoffs is because we beat two wild card contenders, something which aside from a Pennington-less Jets, have failed to do. Really you should be thanking us for putting you in the situation. Wins over teams like Arizona and Miami are only thing you've done for yourselves.

edited for horrific grammar.