Bengals Song ONLINE!

Kirkendall

Oh man it rocked. Probably one of the best speeches in game by any coach of any sport of all time. I haven't heard it since the time it happened, so I can't tell you exactly what was said. It has something to do with Cleveland though. I just remember wigging out when I heard it.

CJ (ChicagoJungle not Chad Johnson) probably could go more in depth than I could.

I can email it to you if you like. Basically, people are throwing things onto the field at Riverfront Stadium and the refs warn the Bengals they'll be penalized if it happens again. Sam Wyche grabs the PA mike from the sidelines and screams, "Will the next person who sees anyone throw anything on the field point them out and get them out of here. You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!"

awesome.

I can email it to you if you like. Basically, people are throwing things onto the field at Riverfront Stadium and the refs warn the Bengals they'll be penalized if it happens again. Sam Wyche grabs the PA mike from the sidelines and screams, "Will the next person who sees anyone throw anything on the field point them out and get them out of here. You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!"

awesome.

The best part of this was the reaction in Cleveland. This was before their " renaissance ", and the nation was usually slapping them around just for being Cleveland.

About the same time period there was a tv show named Coach. The 2 main characters used to do a segment for MNF when they'd talk about the game. I can't even remember who Cleveland was playing, but Jerry Van Dykes character popped out with " It doesn't matter if the Browns win or loose" . When the other guy said what do you mean ? Van Dyke replied that "even if they win they loose cause they still gotta go back to Cleveland".

They got so many phone calls that they had to do an apology ... of sorts the next week. Whole thing was just hilarious. Course now they got the R n R hall of fame and museum, the new ball park, the new Browns. Thing is though that underneath it all its still Cleveland.