A sample from "Ravens Talk.com forum...

BengalszoneBilly

Hey BillyBroome & Co,

Thanks for the feedback ahhhhh Lewis Billups right?? You see I grew up right outside Baltimore and one of the benefits was that you could root for almost anybody!

I hated the Skins and still do because they acted like Baltimore's team from '84-'96, and I hate the 9ers because I was a big fan of Deion and the Falcons.

So this could be a discussion for another time and place but I dont care that we stole Cleveland, Tagliabue and the NFL di**ed us for 12 years so I really could care less if people hate Baltimore for that, I am just so stinking happy we have a team! One of my best friends is a Bengals fan and they have Marvin Lewis so when I do talk smack on here or Ravenstalk.com believe me that is all it is.

You have a good team and Dillon and CJohnson are on my fantasy team this year!

But whatever, Sunday is going to be a hell of a showdown, if you want to check out a great article on Marvin and Ray, go to here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...7-2003Dec3.html

But like I said, I have the utmost confidence in our defense, we are revving for a postseason run a la 2000, Im sorry ya'll have to come down here to witness it!

ps - My favorite Bengal of all-time and I still have his football card was David Fulcher, that boy was such a hitter and everytime I hit the playground and played defense, I pretended to be #33

Good luck this Sunday but I hope you lose :)

Jam31

good post. when most people here talk smack, it's the same deal. plus, I know for me, it usually comes out a little weak or a little too personal. I'm about 12 years out of practice.

I think the difference between your team this year and 2000 is the QB. Your defense is looking strong, but eventually (this weekend perhaps), you're going to meet up with a team that refuses to beat itself ala SF and Seattle games. When that happens, your inexperienced QB will have a lot of weight on his shoulders and I'm guessing he fails that test. There's no Dilfer to save you now.

Go Bengals.

Hello all, I am one of the original Bengal fans. Let me explain. My father took me to Wilmington for the very 1st Bengals intersquad scrimmage. I was 6 years old at the time. Before that I was a Packer fan. I went to three games that 1st year at Nippert stadium. Those of you out there who are old enough may remember names like Stoffa, Johnson, Livingston, and Muhlman.

Anyway, Bengal4 is exactly correct. Although I think it bears mentioning, that Lewis went on to even more infamous doings. He was caught trying to blackmail Rex Chapman by threatening to kill his sister. He ended up trying to imbed himself in in a bridge abutment at 90 MPH in Florida. This was shortly after being busted for cocaine posession. Nice guy huh?

Now you know the rest of the story.

Anyway, I think the Ratbirds and their fans are thiefs. And be thankful, Bengal fans. Mike Brown was offered the deal before Model, but refused it.

I remember that too. Jacksonville tried to get the Bengals too, and the last one to make a mention of it was Los Angeles. I think the situation has settled down now, but cities used to have groups that tried to lure NFL teams from other cities.

I remember Cincy fighting over putting a franchise in Indy same as Washington being upset by the return of a team to Baltimore due to the proximity and the reduction of an already small fan base. Cincinnati was hurt worse because of the population density in the eastern corridor.

Now it'll really be bad for us if they ever get a professional team back in Cleveland.

CJungle:

Thanks dude. Another favorite Bengal of mine was Eric Ball numbe 28 I believe, I always liked his style even if he never did get that consistency down pat. I was also a huge fan of Sam Wyche, he was such a prick (maybe why I like Billick now :) but I loved him. Ill never forget his battles with Buddy Ryan and Houston........

So back to 2003, here I am a devoted Raven fan, so I think we might agree to disagree about your 2 points.

1 - SF and Seattle did not beat themselves, Ray & Co had about 16 tipped passes a la the Giants Superbowl assasination. I think our defense should get credit for that

2 - Dilfer never "saved" us per se, that is why we let him walk out the door via free agency. Ray Lewis & Co. was what saved us from a dreadful passing game.

So feel free guys to come over to Ravenstalk.com, I know BillyBroome is a dirty word over there now :)

So come on down and make yourselves at home, we even have a resident Steeler fan on there!!!

I love smack almost as much as intelligent football conversation.

Last thing Ill say is that as a Bengal fan when I was kid growing up, I am glad for you guys that you landed Marvin and you are back on the map.

You guys will make great rivals!

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!! ( I still say 27-13)

CJungle:

Thanks dude. Another favorite Bengal of mine was Eric Ball numbe 28 I believe, I always liked his style even if he never did get that consistency down pat. I was also a huge fan of Sam Wyche, he was such a prick (maybe why I like Billick now :) but I loved him. Ill never forget his battles with Buddy Ryan and Houston........

So back to 2003, here I am a devoted Raven fan, so I think we might agree to disagree about your 2 points.

1 - SF and Seattle did not beat themselves, Ray & Co had about 16 tipped passes a la the Giants Superbowl assasination. I think our defense should get credit for that

2 - Dilfer never "saved" us per se, that is why we let him walk out the door via free agency. Ray Lewis & Co. was what saved us from a dreadful passing game.

So feel free guys to come over to Ravenstalk.com, I know BillyBroome is a dirty word over there now :)

So come on down and make yourselves at home, we even have a resident Steeler fan on there!!!

I love smack almost as much as intelligent football conversation.

Last thing Ill say is that as a Bengal fan when I was kid growing up, I am glad for you guys that you landed Marvin and you are back on the map.

You guys will make great rivals!

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!! ( I still say 27-13)

Well, 28 was Harold Green. He was the main back in the early 90's. And Sam fought with Jerry Glanville.

Well, 28 was Harold Green. He was the main back in the early 90's. And Sam fought with Jerry Glanville.

God, I can't stand Glanville. That crappy haircut and jackass attitude.

He made me hate the entire city of Houston.

What was the year and score when we laid about 60 on the Oilers? we just kept piling it on.

December 1989.

BENGALS 61

OILERS 7

TEMP 13 DEGREES

We kicked a field goal as time expired. Dont you just miss Sam sometimes? :D

OK but there was a an Eric Ball right?????

And oh yeah Glanville, ok I was 13!!!! cut me some slack!

Remember Rodney Holman the Tight End???

Obviously this is preaching to the choir but Tim McGee and "Touchdown" Eddie Brown were the shiznit back in the day.

My reason for liking the Bengals was Boomer Esiason, that guy was outstanding and when I played qb in high school I always copied his playfaking style, you could never tell with his play-action.

The worst was Tim Krumrie snapping his leg in the bowl :(

Ok Ok its been fun reminiscing about your old teams

DAMN I CANT WAIT FOR SUNDAY

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!

OK but there was a an Eric Ball right?????

And oh yeah Glanville, ok I was 13!!!! cut me some slack!

Remember Rodney Holman the Tight End???

Obviously this is preaching to the choir but Tim McGee and "Touchdown" Eddie Brown were the shiznit back in the day.

My reason for liking the Bengals was Boomer Esiason, that guy was outstanding and when I played qb in high school I always copied his playfaking style, you could never tell with his play-action.

The worst was Tim Krumrie snapping his leg in the bowl :(

Ok Ok its been fun reminiscing about your old teams

DAMN I CANT WAIT FOR SUNDAY

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!

OK Jam,

I'll cut you some slack, since you were 13 at the time. :D

Eric Ball was drafted in 1989. His number was 42. He got alot of playing time that year because Ickey Woods blew out his knee against Pittsburgh early in the year.

Eddie Brown, Tim McGee, Rodney Holman and you forgot 1. The best back i've ever seen play.

JAMES BROOKS

I met JB after the Chiefs game. He still looks like he could play today. What a football player.

Bengal4:

You know what I forgot to mention him but I certainly haven't forgotten!

You know he was actually the first of his kind, after him Id say we saw guys like Thurman Thomas and then Marshall Faulk

If I remember correctly they would have Ickey line up solo in the backfield with Brown and McGee split out wide, Holman at TE and then they would motion Brooks into the slot.

I think he was right up there with Roger Craig as far those types of versatile backs....

I still love my one-dimensional bruiser in Jamal :angry:

What!?!?! Jam31 says I'm a dirty word over at Ratbird Squawk.com!?! Looks like my work there is done! I must say I have to thank our resident Ravenite, The one and only Johnnie Ego, for giving me the idea to do some serious pay back there. Without the fine example of exquisite trash talkin', and button pushin' he serves up here, I'd have never gotten up the will to do it! I find all of it, even the foulest stuff directed at me in particular, quite funny! Some guys there are pretty good at it in their own right!

***I hope they realize (and I think most don't) that it was just that...street trash talk. I'm pretty sure most athletes, especially street basketballers, are aware it's nothing personal. It's never backed up by any facts (otherwise it wouldn't be trash, now would it?) and any topic is fair game! The old favorites being:

#1: Yo Mama.

#2: Yo sister.

#3: Your intelligence.

#4: Bringing into question your sexual preferences...and last but not least...

#5: Anything negative about their team, players, coach, and even how skanky their cheerleaders are!

And remember, don't let none of it get under your skin! It's just cheap jaw jackin' until the game starts, which, I might add will be a Bengal victory 44 to 24!! :D

Eddie Brown, Tim McGee, Rodney Holman and you forgot 1. The best back i've ever seen play.

JAMES BROOKS

I met JB after the Chiefs game. He still looks like he could play today. What a football player.

I don't know about best ever seen...I was in the jungle for a Barry Sanders sighting and saw a Cincy Chicago game in Soldier Field to watch Sweetness tear up some turf, but...

James Brooks F'ing RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember every year some clown in pre-season would say that James Brooks had lost a step. We would chuckle during the season as JB rolled around the left tackle to rip off another 20 yards. Of course it helped to have Mr. Munoz blocking the defensive end into the linebacker and getting his patented 2 for 1. When you get right down to it, it was Anthony who was THE MAN. I think Canton will back me up on that.

-SS

Jam31...You suck!! How can anybody talk trash/smack back to you when you deliver such a cool article here that I never knew exsisted!! You're making my once easy job very frickin' hard!! Please try a little harder to piss me off, will ya? I'm almost sorta liking your posts here! (Don't get the wrong idea...we're not going to be sitting around together singing "Kum-Bye-Ya My Lord" around a campfire, okay? You're still a Ravens fan, remember?)

BillyBroome:

Well my friend the time is almost at hand.

Like I've said before I like smack and I like my our chances sunday but I have a lot of respect for your head coach therefore I do not take your boys lightly....

Hopefully our defense forces a few more turnovers than our offense commits.

May the best team win

GO RAVENS (Baltimore 27 Cincinnati 13)