A sample from "Ravens Talk.com forum...

BengalszoneBilly

Hey Bengals fans,

Forgive me, for I have sinned. I visited a Ravens fansite called "Ravens Talk.com", just to get a peak at their mindset going into next weeks showdown. After I scrubbed myself raw in the shower to lose that overwhelming unclean feeling I aquired while I was there, I copy and pasted here a select few of the worth while comments they had written in their forum. Of course I couldn't resist an "unpartial" comment after each one, but read these dozen for yourself to see the way they are seeing things...

#1: Word to Marvin Lewis - you've used up your free pass already, this time, it's for real. (Yeah...your mom say's the same thing!)

#2: I prefer to think of yesterday's fourth quarter as practicing plays for next week. We're going to need every trick in our book to beat the Bengals. They know the road to the playoffs could dead end in Baltimore. (A very uncommonly lucid statement from a Raven fan, but it seems he feels a big storm approaching, and it ain't going to just blow over. It's going to hit, and hit hard!)

#3: As for the Bengals game, we have everything on the line in this game. If we lose, our chances are slim and none of winning the division. They will have the tie-breaker, meaning we will be two games out with three to play. So, we simply cannot lose. (Two lucid comments in a row! A new Baltimore record I'm sure!)

#4: The brash talk has started. According to 1300 The Jerk, Marvin Lewis has pretty much guaranteed a win over the Ravens. He said they will do what can't be done, win three straight on the road. We shall see. I hope he doesn't expect our defense to lay over for him like they did in the first matchup. Pcychologically, they just weren't into that game against their former coach. It will be a different story next week. They will come not to praise Marvin, but to bury him. (Obviously this person cannot read...Marvin clearly said it wasn't a prediction! It's a goal! Oh, they also lie to themselves about their defensive play in the last meeting. It kills them to think they just got flat whipped! No teams defense lays down for anyone. Especially a former coach!!)

#5: (Note* This one was from a visiting Steeler fan) All that's left for me for the rest of the season is figuring out who they (Steelers) should cut. Scott and Washington both need to go; NE showed the weakness if our secondary in the first game of LAST year, and we've done nothing to address it. November and the Steelers are out of it. Heck, now I know how the Bengals fans felt. Good luck with them next week. (Yeah, we know all too well that it's a real bad feeling, and guess what... now it's your turn to deal with it! Try not to shoot yourself!)

#6: KITTIES ARE OUR NEXT PREY!!! (Funny...my house kitty chews the head off every raven he catches, then gives the rest to my dogs who finish the job with pleasure, and he catches lots of these not so elusive birdies! Here little birdie, birdie, birdie! Kitty is hungry!!)

#7: i have a very good feeling about next week. if c-mac can contain chad johnson the way he did TO, we'll be fine. we need pressure on kitna. their running game doesn't scare me. but, marvin lewis knows how to gameplan for ray-ray. if our d-line continues to plays like this, we'll be just fine. (This guy is obviously supporting a healthy hallucinagenic drug habit! Once the dope wears off, he'll realize they have no one capable of covering Chad!)

#8:What a great game. (49ers vs. Ravens) I glad Cinci won because I want them at the top of their game. The best beats the best. No backing in. (Heck, I kinda like this guy! He's a refreshing realist!)

#9: Cincy won so next week we all need to get loud and abnoxious its another MUST WIN.... (I think he meant "obnoxious", and I'm pretty sure that by just being a Ravens fan he's automatically got loud and obnoxious covered!)

#10: I, for one, am glad that Pittsburgh lost. Now we really don't have to worry about them. It is now a two team race and if we win next week I'll like our chances. We'll be playing Oakland, Cleveland and Pittsburgh while they play San Fran, St. Louis and Cleveland. It would be extremely difficult for them to make up ground on us. They would really have to win out and hope for Pittsburgh to beat us because I don't think we will lose to Cleveland or Oakland with they way those teams are looking. (Okay, this guy too, seems to have a good view of reality.)

#11: Does anyone believe that this weeks Cincy game could be for all the marbles??? (Seems as though this guy has lost his!)

#12: The one problem I see in coming into this game is the officiating. The NFL has it out for us and wants the Bengals in. It's been there for all to see. (All but people watching the games with their eyes wide open! Is it just me, or are they lining up the excuses because they can feel what's coming!)

Well that's it Bengals fans...I'll check back from time to time to see if they've added any more winners to their forum, that is if I didn't catch anything from my last visit!

Seems that most of the Raven fans have more respect for this game than the Steeler fans did their's. Yea, #4 was idiotic, it's just another sampling of Sports talk rousing the rooster (ie Andy Fuhrman). I will agree with them about the officiating, it's been pretty bad in their games. I think the ref for the Seattle-Baltimore game was fined half a weeks pay today and the rest were fined.

Good stuff Billy.

Real insightful post Billy you woman.

I can't decide if you'd be more useful as a horn on an airplane or an ashtray on a motorcycle. What a goof!??!

Hey Boobie...Thanks for watching my back with Mr. Ego here, (The name should tell you all you need to know about this pretender!) but no need really. I understand I'm going to take some heat after going "behind the lines" to see what the enemy is up to.

And you also have to understand by calling me a "woman" he's trying to mentally justify his homosexual yearnings. His life myst be quite a struggle being both a closet butt pirate and a Ravens fan. Wait...That's redundant isn't it?

I'm just using this board as my "methadone" from the squeelers board.

It really wouldn't matter what you guys said, it could never be as ridiculous as the kneejerk comments on the "Pittsburgh.live" forum. Although, kevnz is real close ........................ :rolleyes:

Me kneejerk? WTF? Come off it mate....

Hey kevnz,

I thought I was a Bengal fan who was a long, long way from home, but I think you hold the crown as the furthest removed fan, being down there in New Zealand! Are Wizards and Hobbits Bengals fans too? I thought you could give us the best insight on that!! :lol:

Hey kevnz,

I thought I was a Bengal fan who was a long, long way from home, but I think you hold the crown as the furthest removed fan, being down there in New Zealand! Are Wizards and Hobbits Bengals fans too? I thought you could give us the best insight on that!! :lol:

Actually I'm a transplanted fan. I'm from Virginia, but have been down under for the past 5 years. This is a desolate wasteland for football. If it wasn't for the internet I would have gone completely totally crazy by now...The only other football fan I've found is a Patriots fan....Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with stupid bonehead bandwagon hoppers so it's not all bad.

cheers

God, you ought to be the focus of the next installment of the "Survivor" reality TV show! I could handle the regular factors like no food, water, hell, even beer! But no football on TV!?! I'd crumple up and whimper in the fetal position after a couple weeks of that!

Cheers back at 'cha!

BB :blink:

Your smack is lame, but I understand. After 20 years, it's difficult to get back into it.

Hey, when your attempts at fact fail ............... just attack me personally. :rolleyes:

20 years? weren't the Ravens in Cleveland and wearing brown 20 yrs ago? How could this guy possibly be taking us back 20 yrs? By the way, 20 yrs ago, the Bengals were in the middle of two superbowls in a 6 yr. span. Pretty sure the Ravens (aka, the Browns) never went to a superbowl until 2000, which is after your best player murdered two people, right?

Well guys, I'm back from another foray into enemy territory at Ravens talk.com. Sample below:

[12/3/03 2:53 PM - Post Number: 57315 edit New Message

billybroome Ignore

Content Categories RavensTalk

Subject: Running up the score

Comments: The only score running up that's going to be done this Sunday is going to be done by the BENGALS! You ratbird lovin' "Baltimorons" are in for a real ass kickin'!!

Bengals 44 / Loser Ravens 24!! You heard it here first, and by the way, this site blows!

Seats: The one I'll be doin' your sister in!]

We need more Bengal fans over there talkin' smack like "JohnnieEgo", (Who can talk some good serious smack) and his evil, but retarded twin "ravens#1" does here! And like I said in the post at Ravens Talk.com, the site does blow! It's not near as easy to talk about a particular subject. You'll find it's more of a place to make a comment on how wonderful the ravens are, then arrange a date with your boyfriend later. So sad! :( So get over there and start flamin' those saps!

"20 years? weren't the Ravens in Cleveland and wearing brown 20 yrs ago? How could this guy possibly be taking us back 20 yrs? By the way, 20 yrs ago, the Bengals were in the middle of two superbowls in a 6 yr. span. Pretty sure the Ravens (aka, the Browns) never went to a superbowl until 2000, which is after your best player murdered two people, right?"

Chicago, are you usually this stupid on a moments notice?!?

Ravens are expansion team per the NFL, however, Baltimore has 4 NFl titles.

You have knowledge that Ray Lewis murdered two people ?!................ the authorities would love to hear about it .................... or do you just have diarrhea of the mouth?

When you respond, try insulting me with something new ........... omit squeeler terms like: "stoopid, std, murderer, ............... in short, be your own man. I've been to Ohio and, believe me, it's no picnic.

Ravens are expansion team per the NFL, however, Baltimore has 4 NFl titles.

I'm sorry, I don't blame you for trying to deny that the Ravens are the Browns, but really, they are, expansion team? Don't think so, not when they moved from Cleveland. The Ravens are the Browns, not the Colts, so that would be one Super Bowl for Baltimore, Indy has adopted the other 3....

Pray Tell when the Bungles have ever won a superbowl???

Remember Joe Montana's 2 minute drill????

Breaking your back after Stanford Jennings kick or punt(?) return???

Well damn I do, I was rooting for your boys back then. I was a huge fan of Boomer, yes I even remember Turk Schonert's fake punt pass in the playoffs against the Bills.......

So before I start talking smack, although I do like good football conversation, does anyone remember the play immediately before John Taylor's TD??

In my memory I swear Solomon Wilcots dropped a Montana pass right in his numbers, it might have been somebody else, but didn't that happen???

It always pissed me off when they waxed about Montana when Wilcots should have ended the game.

Just wondering

Oh yeah and the Ravens win 27-13........

:blink::blink:

Hell JBrooks! I lost a new "19 color TV when I launched the remote through the tube after Montana completed the next pass! Followed by a full bottle of Jim Beam, although I ran all the bourbon through me first!

Guys, Billups dropped interception, was not on the final drive. It was on the 49ers first touchdown drive. The very next play went to Jerry Rice and he scored on Billups by holding the ball inside the pylon as he went out of bounds.

Anyway, I think the Ratbirds and their fans are thiefs. And be thankful, Bengal fans. Mike Brown was offered the deal before Model, but refused it.