Next week may decide the season

whodey28

This game scares me. Baltimore can put up serious points and their defense is evil. We can win but our game will have to be flawless.

The D has to step up and play a full 60 minutes. We already know the O can play a full 60 minutes - as proven today. SCREW THE STEELERS! :D

Well said.

I think we make it 5 in a row next week in Baltimore. Ravens D was scary this week, but last week the offense had to pull off a miracle comeback due to the D giving up 40 points. Limit is 1 miracle per season, and they used theirs.

The past two weeks the Ravens have put up 44 points in each game. Before that, the only time they broke 30 points was in week 2 when Cleveland came to town. So, what in the world happened to their offense these past two weeks? This is the same team who lost 6-9 to Miami just a couple weeks ago. Is this high scoring offense something that will keep up next week or is it a fluke? I can't really decide yet.

I have a strong suspicion that whoever wins this game will win the division. I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore win out the final three weeks of the season. Cincy can afford to go 2 - 1 in the final three games and still clench the division with a win over Baltimore on Sunday. So, this coming Sunday will be the most important game of the season for both clubs.

No matter what happens, we're one game behind Miami and tied with Denver.... Miami is getting ready for its run of losing in December starting next week at New England. And Denver is just that, Denver -- a team that manages to lose at home to Chicago. So, even if we lose, the wild card is still out there. A 10-6 record could take the wild card and a 9 - 7 might depending on all the tiebreakers.

P.S. This is so cool to be talking about the Bengals and the playoffs at the same time!!!! :D

despite putting up 44 each of the last two weeks, these guys are winning with defense. they forced 5 turnovers against SF and at least 1 that I saw was returned for a TD (I thought I saw another, but I was watching the Bengals at the time). They try to force mistakes and then take advantage of them.

One thing we have going for us is obviously that the defense has remnants of Coach Lewis's influence. Plus, if anyone would know if there's a way to neutralize Ray Lewis (what a monster - 18 tackles, are you kidding me?), it's going to be Marvin Lewis.

To win this game, we have to stop Jamal Lewis and minimize mistakes. It's going to be wild in Baltimore.

there offence had bearly 200 yards of offence, against a lacking 49ers road team. so the only thing that scares me is there defence, causing 5 turnover, if i remember last time we played them they should have had several turnovers, yet didnt, the bengals need several breaks like that to win again

The past two weeks the Ravens have put up 44 points in each game. Before that, the only time they broke 30 points was in week 2 when Cleveland came to town. So, what in the world happened to their offense these past two weeks?

See the first paragraph of Chicago's post above: they're winning with defense. Ravens scored 44 points on just 282 yards of offense. Not counting the Lewis INT for a TD, they had 7 drives resulting in scores yesterday. Of those, only 1 (one!) started in their own territory - and that was on their own 48! The rest of their scoring drives were 30, 9, 49, 28, 21, and 15 yards.

The Ravens D is either forcing turnovers (4 yesterday) or pinning the opposition deep and forcing them to punt from their own end zone, resulting in the offense getting ball already in or near FG range.

I don't expect next Sunday to be any different. This game will be a smash-mouth affair hinging on turnovers and field position. Kyle Richardson better get his act together toot friggin' sweet!

Hey now, before y'all start kissing the ground the Ravens play on, they beat two teams that absolutely suck on the road. They still haven't shown me anything. Look what happened when they played a good team in St Louis. They lost. Yeah, they defense was good against a shaky QB that hasn't played in a few weeks looking over his shoulder at the QB behind him. The Bengals have a much more balanced attack, and will be able to handle the Ravens defense. This game is big for the Bengals, and Baltimore will come to play....But you know the Bengals will want this game more. I still say the Ravens will be expecting the Bengals to roll over for them...That ain't gonna happen.

This game will decide the division, of that I have no doubt. Even if the winner falters at some point later they'll probably still hold the tie breaker so there you go. This is a playoff game...For that matter every game since Houston has been a playoff game.....

cheers

I just hope we get better than the CBS basement NFL team of Steve Tasker and Don Criqui. Those guys are terrible! Even before the Steelers went ahead yesterday, Tasker was pointing out all of the things the Steelers did to win the game. It was over for him before it was over. He was all over the Bettis touchdown, which I still honestly don't know if it crossed the plane. He was loving Maddox and Ward and Burress all day.

I would think we get a better team in Baltimore. But, you don't know, there are a lot of great games this weekend. Too bad you can't turn down the sound and turn on Bengals radio in Chicago.

Yeah, I wish I could get the radio broadcast. I was watching the game-cast. Talk about painful. I didn't know who won for several minutes. I could tell we were in the red zone, but had no idea what happened. Then they updated and the thing said 13 seconds to play Pitt 24 Cincy 18. I knew something happened, so I was running back and forth between the TV (of course there was no update) and my office to check the computer. Geez. how many times do I have to watch AZ or Oakland lose!!

i think marvin lewis is a good enough coach to come up with a good game plan on both sides of the ball. Lets face it, with all this coach of the year talk i have found myself noticing just how well he plans a game for us defensively. Im really pumped for this game.

"Limit is 1 miracle per season, and they used theirs."

We won't need a miracle versus the Bengals. You heard it here first. B)

Oh my JohnnyEgo! You are going to be dining on bird again this weekend, and it's going to be a combo dish of crow and fried raven! And one little bit more of info for you here, you haven't seen the miracle yet.

That will be the Bengals appearance in the playoff while you turds sit at home spankin' it!

I just hope we get better than the CBS basement NFL team of Steve Tasker and Don Criqui. Those guys are terrible! Even before the Steelers went ahead yesterday, Tasker was pointing out all of the things the Steelers did to win the game. It was over for him before it was over. He was all over the Bettis touchdown, which I still honestly don't know if it crossed the plane. He was loving Maddox and Ward and Burress all day.

I would think we get a better team in Baltimore. But, you don't know, there are a lot of great games this weekend. Too bad you can't turn down the sound and turn on Bengals radio in Chicago.

Im glad you mentioned that, Criqui and Tasker were so anti-Bengal on Sunday it made me sick!