Colts 'running up' the score?

Dan2330

Back and forth on the NFL Sunday ticket yesterday waiting for the Bengals game to start and I had to shake my head at the site of the Colts not only playing Manning late in the 4th quarter with a 30 point lead, but still passing the ball for long gains.

Does Dungy think he is going for some BCS raiting points? I couldn't even tell you who the Colts backup is, and I have been to 3 Colts games in the last two years. Wonder what Dungy would of done if someone had smashed Manning late in the game and knocked him out.

I was disgusted by that. It was a total lack of class on the Colts part. They have gotten caught up in the whole Payton Manning TD record it seems. Does Dungy have Payton on his fantasy team too?

Back and forth on the NFL Sunday ticket yesterday waiting for the Bengals game to start and I had to shake my head at the site of the Colts not only playing Manning late in the 4th quarter with a 30 point lead, but still passing the ball for long gains.

Does Dungy think he is going for some BCS raiting points? I couldn't even tell you who the Colts backup is, and I have been to 3 Colts games in the last two years. Wonder what Dungy would of done if someone had smashed Manning late in the game and knocked him out.

IMHO, doing cheap stuff like that generates some awfully bad Karma that ALWAYS comes back and bites you in ways far worse than what you did! Live by the sword, die by a very big, rusty, and dull sword I say!

Where the hell was Houston? Don't they get paid to play? Don't they have any pride or is this the era of fold and done football? I'd be willing to bet the entire defense was quitting late in the game anyway... is that true Dan?

Personally I could care less. I feel if the opposing team have professionals and should take the crap with the mega-benefits. Sometimes blowouts also are good for teams, i.e. personnel replacement, movement to better the team; you are forced to do something in exchange for a pass from the locals.

BTW - I could care less about blowouts in the NFL only. College, high-school and down is totally different.

Well, if pride is still at all important in the NFL, then every team yet to play the Colts is about to see all the bulletin board material it needs on the grocery story shelves, courtesy of General Mills. In the middle of the season, I have to ask, whose brilliant idea was this? :wacko:

Where the hell was Houston?  Don't they get paid to play?  Don't they have any pride or is this the era of fold and done football?  I'd be willing to bet the entire defense was quitting late in the game anyway... is that true Dan?

Personally I could care less.  I feel if the opposing team have professionals and should take the crap with the mega-benefits.  Sometimes blowouts also are good for teams, i.e. personnel replacement, movement to better the team; you are forced to do something in exchange for a pass from the locals. 

BTW - I could care less about blowouts in the NFL only.  College, high-school and down is totally different.

I got into an argument about this with one of my friends that is a Colts fan. He stated that the Colts did not realize how late it was in the game since the Texans were mostly running the ball in the second half (if you can't pass then run I guess). Then he shifted gears and said that they were attempting to get Harrison more touches---- i.e. the reason for Mannings two picks late in the game.

Either way, Houston got blasted in the game and yes, they rolled over and played dead in the second half.

Manning is on pace to shatter Marino's single season TD record. It's lame as hell too, considering Manning could have got hurt in the 4th quater being up by 30.

I can't understand why coaches in the NFL still want to play their starters in the 4th quarter, when the game is a blowout--SEE MIKE MARTZ ON THIS ONE.