Hats off to the Steelers

Well last week when they defeated the Pats, I said it was mostly because the Pats were banged up. Now this week(without Staley against Philly, they out-n-out whooped them in the battle of Pennsylvania!

I think these guys have a legit shot another Super Bowl appearance. There definitely isn't another team in their class in the AFC North, that's for sure! As long as the Ravens have no offense other than Jamal, and our Bengals continue to play "spotty", as in pretty decent at home, and pretty stinky on the road, they won't be threatened.

Oh...I forgot to mention Cleveland. HAHAHAHAHA! Puh-LEEZE!

Well last week when they defeated the Pats, I said it was mostly because the Pats were banged up. Now this week(without Staley against Philly, they out-n-out whooped them in the battle of Pennsylvania!

I think these guys have a legit shot another Super Bowl appearance. There definitely isn't another team in their class in the AFC North, that's for sure! As long as the Ravens have no offense other than Jamal, and our Bengals continue to play "spotty", as in pretty decent at home, and pretty stinky on the road, they won't be threatened.

I'm going out on a limb and betting the bengals over the squealers. :ph34r: whenever they play next. :blink:

I told you all at the beginning of the season that Pitt would win the division, but you all called me stupid, and other stuff. Looks like I was right..

I actually remembered that prediction, and no, no one called you stupid.

LOL, I know, I just made that up, but a lot of you disagreed with me when I said that...

I'm going out on a limb and betting the bengals over the squealers. :ph34r: whenever they play next. :blink:

2 weeks!

Nice to see that we are getting props here fellas! Until we win that Lombardi we haven't won jack yet! :D

To me football is all about putting up or shutting up. A record of 7-1 falls squarely into the "put up" catagory! But remember...a lot can happen in between now, and the beginning of the playoffs!

Streaks like the one we are on are awesome and it can carry us through out the entire season. We had one close to this in 1995 where we went 1-4 and then won every game until we got to the Super Bowl and then lost to Dallas...

We aren't doing it by winning close games or draining ourselves emotionally. We are just lining up and dominating teams. No smoking mirrors or trick players but just lining up and playing smash mouth football...

With this kind of team we can run the table and I can't think of anyone right now that has a dominate defense that can stop us. We already dominated New England's defense and they weren't much. Our offense is the best in the league when you break it down...

Again we haven't won anything and that's why we are keeping level heads. This is what it is gonna take to get that Lombardi and Cowher is a master at preparation...

I keep hearing the phrase "don't peak too early" thrown around a lot regarding the Steelers. We'll see how much water that argument holds come X-mas.....

Ben isn't the only one performing on offense. That's a real team. If it isn't Ben--it's Plax. If it isn't Plax, it's Ward.

And now you have the Bus ripping off 130+ on the ground.

Hey CJ--it's all about TEAMWORK, Buddy.

I keep hearing the phrase "don't peak too early" thrown around a lot regarding the Steelers. We'll see how much water that argument holds come X-mas.....

Ben isn't the only one performing on offense. That's a real team. If it isn't Ben--it's Plax. If it isn't Plax, it's Ward.

And that is why I say that this is the Steelers year. No matter who you put in there they are going to play to win. Bettis is going to be the starter this weekend at Cleveland, so do you think he will flop? He's thinking Super Bowl and that's something he never had so he's going to do whatever it takes to help the team win. This guy has a heart bigger than most and that will carry him...He was on the sideline this past game and he was so tired...

That is something that CJ will learn. The guy is prolific and very competitive so he has to learn to be a team player in these difficult times.

And that is why I say that this is the Steelers year. No matter who you put in there they are going to play to win. Bettis is going to be the starter this weekend at Cleveland, so do you think he will flop? He's thinking Super Bowl and that's something he never had so he's going to do whatever it takes to help the team win. This guy has a heart bigger than most and that will carry him...He was on the sideline this past game and he was so tired...

That is something that CJ will learn. The guy is prolific and very competitive so he has to learn to be a team player in these difficult times.

Good points. Man, you must be the only Squeeler Fan I've ever met that has all 32 teeth!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

pitt still isnt the best team in the afc in my mind, its the pats. First off they have a easy schedule by having pats and philly at home. 2nd, in the pats game, dillon was out as well as law. It will be different in the playoffs if they meet or if it was in NE.

telling myself that? everyone knows that. the only ppl that think the steelers can go all the way are ppl that are way too much in awe by what big ben has done. If they make the playoffs, they will not make the superbowl. Also on another note, i wouldnt be surprised if they dropped the next 2 games vs cleveland and us.

And that is why I say that this is the Steelers year.

I hate to point this out, but your current defensive coordinator "Dickie LeBlow" doesn't carry a history that is free of poor decisions, nor the best of luck. Although he, along with the entire Pittsburg "D", (IMO) is currently riding high on the crest of the wave the offensive unit has stirred in the seas of this season for the Steelers, they've yet to come to a situation where good, solid coaching was required to survive. If they ever do, I suspect Cowher will distract LeBow with pulling something shiny out of his pocket, and handle it before disaster strikes!

If Dickie had that and good luck in spades, he'd still be a head coach at that obscure place (Hmmm...where WAS that head coaching job of his at anyway?) he was at before Pittsburg hired him, just so they could claim the tax deduction of contributing to a social program of helping the homeless and imaginatively challenged!

Also on another note, i wouldnt be surprised if they dropped the next 2 games vs cleveland and us.

May I remind you jditty, that Cincinnati plays that game of which you speak on the road in Pittsburg. May I further remind you it's been over fourty-freakin'-two CONSECUTIVE road games against teams with a winning percentage since the Bengals last won such a matchup.

Would you care to hear who was the head coach the last time the Bengals won under these circumstances? Does Sam Wyche ring any bells? Needless to say it's been longer than most folk's could imagine.

Also on another note, i wouldnt be surprised if they dropped the next 2 games vs cleveland and us.

May I remind you jditty, that Cincinnati plays that game of which you speak on the road in Pittsburg. May I further remind you it's been over fourty-freakin'-two CONSECUTIVE road games against teams with a winning percentage since the Bengals last won such a matchup.

WRONG Billy. Shame on you. They play the Steelers in Cincinnati were they have been looking pretty damn stout lately.

WRONG Billy. Shame on you. They play the Steelers in Cincinnati were they have been looking pretty damn stout lately.

Oops! Thanks Kev!

*Note to jditty: Disregard previous post! It's too hard keeping track of who they played and where when you're stuck following most of them on NFL's crappy "Gameday" watching those two little helmets going up and down the same field.

And just so you all know all that is still true about the Bengals, even though this upcoming Steeler game will now obviously have no bearing whatsoever on it. As far as "Stout" Kev, there has been some improvement, but it's been spotty at best. Still better than none at all!

*Note to jditty: Disregard previous post! It's too hard keeping track of who they played and where when you're stuck following most of them on NFL's crappy "Gameday" watching those two little helmets going up and down the same field.

And just so you all know all that is still true about the Bengals, even though this upcoming Steeler game will now obviously have no bearing whatsoever on it. As far as "Stout" Kev, there has been some improvement, but it's been spotty at best. Still better than none at all!

Billy, at least listen to the game too. I'd be lost without streaming audio. Only problem is the stream is about 5 seconds behind the gameday thing.

Spotty? While not perfect the last two home games they have given Marvin his two larget margins of victory as a head coach and have given up a total of 13 points while scoring 49 points. And one of those games was agains the #1 Defense in the league. I know they had a few problems, but come on man. Those victories are impressive.

C'mon Kev. Until the Bengals get a solid win on the road, my definition of their play will not change from "spotty". It's been over a year since they won any road game at all! Incredibly enough, I think it was against Pittsburg! See what rage can do to turn around a team that loses a home game to Cincy?

Now we need to find the same catalyst to work in the Bengals favor. Obviously Cleveland beating us at home last season wasn't it!

pitt still isnt the best team in the afc in my mind, its the pats. First off they have a easy schedule by having pats and philly at home. 2nd, in the pats game, dillon was out as well as law. It will be different in the playoffs if they meet or if it was in NE.

OK, let me get this straight, after the Steelers set an NFL record by winning against 2 undefeated teams in consecutive weeks, you still don't think they are the best team in the NFL? :wacko: