LMAO to those who think jeff fisher is over lookin

turningpoint

The Titans are in desperate need of a victory, and at 2-5, time is running out on a playoff run. “We don’t have any room for error,” WR Derrick Mason said. “Every situation right now is a must win for us." By eliminating devastating penalties and costly turnovers, the team believes it can still make a second-half surge. "I expect nothing less than to make a run," coach Jeff Fisher said./ "We expect to win them all, but that starts with this next one." The Titans host Cincinnati on Sunday.

they almost seem more desperate then us.

The Titans routinely give the Bengals a hard time, mostly because of Steve McNair and a hard-nosed running attack. I think McNair will make an attempt to play this weekend, and he will be a problem unless the Bengals can get pressure on him like they did Plummer. 1 solid hit and he could be back on the sidelines.

The team that showed up last night has to be the same team that makes the trip to Nashvillle or the Titans will be putting their season back on track and we'll continue to discuss draft possibilities and off season moves.

Yes indeed. The Titans always seem to give us fits! But with them being banged up and bruised, if we bring an aggressive defense on Chris Brown (Questionable) and McNair (Questionable), both of them could be on the sideline rather quickly. If we get good ol' Billy Volek into the game, I don't think it would be a far stretch to think we will be 3-4 next Sunday night. :player:

I don't think it would be a far stretch to think we will be 3-4 next Sunday night. :player:

This is a road game guys, and road games have normally had the same effect on the Bengals as kryptonite has on Superman! The last road game Cincinnati won was OVER a year ago, so would anybody like to dispute the fact that the Bengals are a poor road team? You'd be hard pressed to make an arguement otherwise.

Does this mean Cincy has no chance in Tennessee? Didn't we just hear this from everyone about our game with the Broncos? Of course we do BUT!!! It all hinges on one thing. Not the play calling, or who's starting in what position...all that stuff is all secondary to the FIRED UP INTENSITY they must keep going and bring with them from this win over Denver! The way they came out looking strong against the Broncos AT HOME from the opening kickoff needs to somehow get on the plane and go ON THE ROAD with the team to play the Titans!

I'm not expecting them to have the same level as they mustered up for Denver. Most of that was for just being on MNF and trying to prove a point, which they most certainly did! Denver just happened to be the team. I DO expect the Bengals to play much better though! Enough to win on the road against the Titans? That's the big question.

Well we know they have the ability, now don't we? Wheather they're going to keep that fire burning inside and use it is the only unknown. I sincerely hope they do, because it would be another major step in this teams evolution, not to mention how it would continue to help keep building the teams confidence that the win on MNF started! Nothing builds confidence better than a win on national T.V.! I'm hoping there's just a little swagger in the step of the Bengals from here on out!

...all that stuff is all secondary to the FIRED UP INTENSITY they must keep going and bring with them

I agree with you Billy. John Thornton has written that it has been Jeff Fisher's mantra every time he's played the Bengals that our big cats turn into kittens if you hit 'em in the teeth. All the game planning and Titan injuries aside, if our line play is at all tentative the Titan's will smell blood and pounce. We must play HARD from the first whistle.

Thornton played very intense vs. Broncs. Hopefully, he has something extra to demonstrate for Fisher.

The Bengals best carry the momentum over from the MNF win.

Mason is still a very dangerous WR (4th in yds in NFL) regardless of who is QB. Brown would be a big loss for them, but Smith had a huge game in Super Bowl last year for Pats and will make the most of any opportunity. TE is a big question mark for them right now with the rook Troupe at the front and whether Benji Olson will be 100% is a factor.

Their D is still a force to reckon with. They held the Vikes to 20 last week.

This game should be a grueling battle.

In order to pull this game out we are going to have to punish the Titans, take their heart away from them. With their two best offensive weapons banged up we have to pound them early and often, football is a brutal game. If we can get the running game going again our offensive should be able to score some points because Tennessee's has lost it's edge.

Our defense should not play any worse than they played on Monday night, they have no excuse. They have revealed their true selves to us, a dominate, turn-over causing defense, not that unit that couldn't stop Curtis Martin and Jamal Lewis. The defense has to play this way if we are going to the playoffs, you see how much easier it is for Carson we he knows he doesn't have to score on every play to win the game.

Our defense should not play any worse than they played on Monday night, they have no excuse.

Nor should the offense either. The win over Denver was the epitome of a TEAM winning together, not as one unit pulling it out in spite of the others shortcomings! (ala the Ravens.)

road games have normally had the same effect on the Bengals as kryptonite has on Superman!

The Bengals eventually have to get this damn monkey OFF their backs, and until they do, the playoffs will not be a likely place for the them to go.

I'm not expecting them to have the same level as they mustered up for Denver. Most of that was for just being on MNF and trying to prove a point, which they most certainly did! Denver just happened to be the team. I DO expect the Bengals to play much better though! Enough to win on the road against the Titans? That's the big question.

Well we know they have the ability, now don't we? Wheather they're going to keep that fire burning inside and use it is the only unknown.

Damn, why wouldn't you expect them to have the intensity?

The Bengals are a strange team.....

its like when they get motivated or angry enough, theyll whup up on heavily favored teams, Chiefs, Broncos, Patriots, etc.

Man, if they don't carry over that fire, I don't know what to say...except I wonder where Antajj Hawthorne will be selected in the draft. <_<

I'm not sure who you are referring to as having said TN is overlooking the Bengals, but I agree that we can hardly hope for that. Fisher is solid motivationally and I think, if anything, he will be able to rally the team pretty well especially if (as I suspect) McNair can't go. No, I think we gotta go in and beat them, not hope that they are flat. On the plus side, however, I think TN has dropped a notch and is not as good as they have been the last 3 seasons. I'm not really sure why because Brown is having a real nice year so far. They just seem like they lose the close ones that they used to win.

We are way over due to beat those guys. Can anyone remember the last time we beat them with Fischer as the coach? I believe Sunday will be our day!

Oh, by the way, is the game 1:00 EST? That is, we don't have to start watching at 12:00 our time, do we? Nashville is CST. So, I guess the question is, what time do they start play in Nashville, at the time in that city?