When will Kenny make the Hall??? (If Ever??)

Phatness

Check out the following link about Kenny Anderson.

http://bengalsjungle.com/anderson-hof-qb.html

I think if he is judged during the era in which he played, then I think he deserves to be in the HOF. The above website contains alot of stats that verify that fact. Judging him against guys from the 80's on (Marino, Montana, Elway) makes it alot more difficult.

Playing in a small town and never winning a Super Bowl also hurts his chances.

There are two other guys that deserve consideration and they are Isaac Curtis and Ken Riley. Their stats are comparable with many of their peers, including the great Steeler, Raider and Dolphins teams of the 70's. I think Riley still ranks in the top 10 all-time in interceptions.

If any Cincy QB does, it's him. His completion percentage was incredible! I loved to watch him engineer a drive down the field, disecting the opposing secondary like a surgeon!

Good point. Remember he was the first QB to truly prosper in Bill Walsh's Mill Creek offense. I can't call it the West Coast Offense because it didn't start in SF. :angry:

I can't call it the West Coast Offense because it didn't start in SF. :angry:

You know your facts quite well jjakq. It certainly didn't find it's origins anywhere close to the west, unless you are referring to Cincinnati as the mid-west. Paul Brown never gets due credit for his brainchild.

I think it's just west coast teams have had more success with it.

I can't call it the West Coast Offense because it didn't start in SF.  :angry:

You know your facts quite well jjakq. It certainly didn't find it's origins anywhere close to the west, unless you are referring to Cincinnati as the mid-west. Paul Brown never gets due credit for his brainchild.

I think it's just west coast teams have had more success with it.

Yep, it didn't get it's noteriety until Montana and the Niners had success with it in the 80's. It is kind of a "made-for-TV" thing. I actually refer to it as the West Coast (of the Mill Creek) Offense since Spinney Field sits in the west bank of the Mill Creek. :rolleyes:

Here's a nice article by Len Pasquarelli that traces the deveopment of the WC offense.

http://users2.ev1.net/~jamrtm/wcohistory.html

Here is the original article. If you open it, there is a box entitled "Ball in the Family". Click Launch and you can move around on the Bill Walsh family tree which is pretty cool.

An interesting thing that I found was there is no mention that Coslet and Wyche were players on the Bengals when Walsh was a coach here. It makes it look like he hired them as assistants with the 49ers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/westcoast/history.html#

I can't believe there was absolutely no mention of Paul Brown in that article! Gilman was a OC under Brown, worked this up in conjunction with Brown, and with Browns final overall approval for it's implementation...or as I remember reading this article a few years ago.

Let me just piss on the parade here. f**k, I'm getting tired of being that guy. Here goes:

Ken Anderson doesn't deserve the HOF. His numbers aren't good enough.

If Ken Anderson deserves it then so do these players:

1. Jim Hart

2. Steve DeBerg

3. Vinny Testaverde

Just my 2 cents.

The only Bungles player that deserved the HOF is already there--#78.

;)