Palmers completions and drops

turningpoint

I think the play calling sucks, honestly. I mean our leading wr is an rb because he caught 5 dump passes, when no1 was open down field. 5 ofthe drops were to our Te's, can we please draft a te that can CATCH! I really don't understand why reggie kelley is still here, he needs to be cut, he's a fantastic blocking te, but the dude looks like a retard when he's trying to catch a ball. the drops were totally uncalled for. I mean they were 5yds out patterns, te's should be able to catch those blind folded.

we need to develop an offense where the wr's are getting open quicker for palmer, and we need to do it soon.

Reggie Kelly is here to block. thats it.... The idea was to add an extra blocker so Carson would have more protection....this obviously is not working considering the amount of opposing players in Carson's face every time he throws the ball, and the two or three guys hitting Rudi two yards deep in the backfield...

As for the WR...what we are seeing is a one reciever team....Chad Johnson is our ONLY recieving threat at the moment.... Kelly Washington, TJ, Russell, someone has to step up and become a dependable second option.

Kelly Washington will drop two balls and then catch a ball for a first down in a game we are losing by 21 points and he still does that stupid first down dance....there is a time and a place for that crap, and it isn't now....try catching all the balls that come your way, then you can dance all you want...

They need a TE who can catch and block, it limits the offense when you have to sub or limit your options across the middle when Kelly is in there. You also run the risk of telegraphing plays and this terrible 0-line can't afford to do that ever.

On that note Paul Alexander sucks and always has yet gets a free pass in this city for being a Mike Brown suck-up.

Willie Anderson has protected him for too long with his natural ability.

Random thoughts (mental Bengals diarrhea).

The TE's on this team are just about as bad as they can be, though I credit Brat for getting them and the Rb's involved, doing more underneath dumps. I am usually the first to BANG on Brat but the play-calling was not the reason we lost.

I am MOST disappointed in on CJ - 85. His childish pepto-prank backfired in a most brutal way. Chad needs to focus on making big-time professional football plays not teenage hi-jinx that fuels the opposing team. Someone ask him if Jerry Rice ever pulled that s**t.

This team is missing Warrick in a huge way and it gets more glaring every week. There is not one WR on this team who has stepped up. KW had a chance but had the drops and bad routes (I saw the game) that ruin drives. Warrick is done; I do not expect him back this year. I think it is his knee not his shin, IMHO.

Shayne Graham needs to kick the ball deeper on kick-offs. The Cleveland kicker was booming them way back. Graham also missed a 44 yrd FG, simply inexcusable for a professional...a 54yd then we cut some slack but 44yds? Withhold 50% of his game check. Pay for play.

This O-line is really struggling. Virtually jack-s**t for holes and more bad pass rush coverage (3 sacks). This is what forces Palmer to dump these short passes, which are promptly dropped. I'm a bit puzzled about Palmer's lack of arm-strength. Where is the cannon? If the line is this bad, go to the shotgun and gain the extra second or two. You can still run the ball...do more draws, Rudi already pauses to wait for a hole to open...why not build that stutter into the play. Or try the Coslet Jet package (remember Dillon and Ki-Jana?). Rudi/Palmer/Perry could be quite confusing.

Deltha O'neal should sit. Ratliff might get burned but at least he still would have a chance to learn from any mistakes he made..unlike O'neal. Where was Madieu W.? No tackles...is he hurt? or is Kim Herring just that good. I guess not since Herring was out of position on both the Andra Davis 99-yrd pass and Suggs 59 yrd pass. Kim, the bench is that-away. Please keep it warm.

Look, at 1-4, start the young guys, for better or worse. Get Ratliff, Perry, and Williams in there and get them game time experience. What do we have to lose, more games? Before this season started I figured we'd go 7-9 to 10-6. Now 7-9 looks like a dream. 3-13 is a bit more realistic.

One more thing, there were some awful calls in the Bengals game. PI that was never called, Cleveland holding on EVERY play. It was pretty league-wide. The refs had an amazingly bad weekend of missing calls.

This team is missing Warrick in a huge way and it gets more glaring every week. There is not one WR on this team who has stepped up. KW had a chance but had the drops and bad routes (I saw the game) that ruin drives. Warrick is done; I do not expect him back this year. I think it is his knee not his shin, IMHO.

Too many people are using Warrick's absence as a reason for our losing, week after week. While he is surely missed, that should not matter. People have to step up; we see this happen all the time with other teams, especially our opponents. Also, except for yesterday, I believe TJ has filled in well. Yesterday, the only time I saw him was returning kickoffs. What's the deal on that?

We lost because both the O- and D-Lines were absolutely appalling. End of.

We had no running game because of the O-Line, who resembled my grandmother's bridge club, and as for the pass protection.. did you see the last two sacks? I don't know why Steinbach and Jones don't like Palmer but if they keep letting him get hit like that young Carson won't be alive long enough to find out.

D-Line - I hereby apply for the role of left DE. Yeah so I weigh 200lbs and I'm 6' tall, and I play in a college league in the UK, and I'm actually a right DE. So what? You guys suck a$$ and I'll take a lower salary. I'll bring the first two fat dudes I meet at Heathrow airport along too and they can play as the DT's. Justin Smith can stay cos at least you could see he was pi$$ed off when he choke-slammed Garcia.

Memo to Marvin: GET A RUN-STUFFING DT, RIGHT NOW. That's all we actually need, because then Smith and Thornton will find they have more freedom to operate. Gimme a 330lb bloodthirsty maniac who bench presses cars for fun and will occupy the centre and a guard every play. How many times did we see the Turds' guards hitting our LB's and blowing them out of the way? I lost count.

We have the personnel everywhere else but they are made to look bad when the lines fcuk up. Brat's playcalling is always bad, we know that - but the O-Line gave him no choice but to abandon the run yesterday. Our running game was in fact made up of short passes. To Kenny Watson. Who, ironically is a RUNNING BACK.

Rounds 1-3 of our draft this year should be linemen only.

I think the play calling sucks, honestly. I mean our leading wr is an rb because he caught 5 dump passes, when no1 was open down field. 5 ofthe drops were to our Te's, can we please draft a te that can CATCH! I really don't understand why reggie kelley is still here, he needs to be cut, he's a fantastic blocking te, but the dude looks like a retard when he's trying to catch a ball. the drops were totally uncalled for. I mean they were 5yds out patterns, te's should be able to catch those blind folded.

we need to develop an offense where the wr's are getting open quicker for palmer, and we need to do it soon.

The O-line has to block!! The RB was getting the ball because we haven't been protecting CP & wasn't able to run the ball ,I also would guess that is the hot route. The TE's have dropped alot of balls, not only this week, & have to improve but, the WR's did also ! We did try to get the ball to the WR's faster. 3 of CJ's drops were on slants & I think on 3rd downs ! As far as play calling don't you guy's think they want to run the ball ? Of course they do!! Ive posted before that I think the play calling is based on game situations.How many times do we run & lose yrds. or get stupid penalties on 1rst & 2nd downs forcing us into 3rd. & longs thus having to pass, then the O-line doesn't give CP time to get the ball down the field & settle on those 5 yrd passes you mentioned . I seen where we had at least 10 dropped passes & of the ones I seen they was all on the money, that killed us because we wasn't able to sustain drives & get into any kind of rythm on Off. I hope we get better on the O-line as we get healthier & get the same players playing together each week, the injuries have definitely hurt us on the O-line. GO BENGALS!!! Jonboat

We lost because both the O- and D-Lines were absolutely appalling. End of.

We had no running game because of the O-Line, who resembled my grandmother's bridge club, and as for the pass protection.. did you see the last two sacks? I don't know why Steinbach and Jones don't like Palmer but if they keep letting him get hit like that young Carson won't be alive long enough to find out.

D-Line - I hereby apply for the role of left DE. Yeah so I weigh 200lbs and I'm 6' tall, and I play in a college league in the UK, and I'm actually a right DE. So what? You guys suck a$$ and I'll take a lower salary. I'll bring the first two fat dudes I meet at Heathrow airport along too and they can play as the DT's. Justin Smith can stay cos at least you could see he was pi$$ed off when he choke-slammed Garcia.

Memo to Marvin: GET A RUN-STUFFING DT, RIGHT NOW. That's all we actually need, because then Smith and Thornton will find they have more freedom to operate. Gimme a 330lb bloodthirsty maniac who bench presses cars for fun and will occupy the centre and a guard every play. How many times did we see the Turds' guards hitting our LB's and blowing them out of the way? I lost count.

We have the personnel everywhere else but they are made to look bad when the lines fcuk up. Brat's playcalling is always bad, we know that - but the O-Line gave him no choice but to abandon the run yesterday. Our running game was in fact made up of short passes. To Kenny Watson. Who, ironically is a RUNNING BACK.

Rounds 1-3 of our draft this year should be linemen only.

1. Great post.

2. You're hired.

3. So are the fat guys from Heathrow.

4. Can you bring mom's bridge club in for a tryout?

:lol: