Bengals Luck is over

lambert58

Well Bengals fans I hope you all realize that your return to the basement is coming soon. It will start this week in Pittsburgh home of the best franchise in the history of the NFL. Please tell Jon Kitna to bring plenty of Tylenol, and inform Marvin Lewis that all of the rabbits foot stores close at 4pm.

I'm sorry it has to be this way. GO STEELERS!!!!

Lambert 58

I would agree with you, only if this were another year. But fact remains, the Steelers are playing old adage of Bengals fame with their 6 losses in 8 games.

Have you noticed that Kitna has had all around better numbers than Maddox, our backup running back is less than 70 yards from your leader; a fat and slow Bettis. Our Wide Receiver duo has outperformed in every statistical category than "pro-bowlers" Wines Ward and Plexislow Burress.

I'll give you that your defense has the 9th in the league in yards allowed, but I'll also give you that your defense is ranked 21st in the league in points allowed. Don't let us score 20 points or more, we are 6-1 when we do.

Also, the Bengals have scored more points this season and allowed less than Pittsburgh.

If luck has anything to do with it, then you'd have to admit five turnovers by Cleveland saved you from an embarrassing Browns sweep (we can all agree we hate the Browns) and the inability for Pittsburgh offense to score almost called for Bill Cowler’s head. I can only hope the Goonies hire a Dave Shula or Bruce Coslet afterwards.

I think the age of Pittsburgh yearly dominance in the AFC North (and formally the Central) has come to a dismal end. It's a new era, and this time you are going to have to put up with Bengals games on TV when the Steelers stop broadcasting their games when you don't sell out.

BTW, congrats to Bettis on his 3,000 carries for his career. I believe he's only the fifth or sixth person to do it in NFL history.

Thanks for the offer, but we were just keeping the cellar warm for you the past few years. Looks like you guys are wearing the dunce cap this year.

How 'bout that Tommy Maddox. There's a reason Denver let him go and he's the most underpaid starting QB in the league.

I can't wait to see who runs over Pitt this week...Rudi or Corey? Or Chad and Peter will rack up 100 yard days against the swiss cheese secondary.

Cincy owes Pitt a few.

well,

I can promise we're going to score more than 6 on you. so, if you're going to make good on your promise, you'll have to play better than against the brownies. I also guarantee that if you put up 2 yds of offense in the first half, it won't be close. and, I'm not sure if the "best franchise in the history of the NFL" is going to help you win this ballgame, unless Tommy Maddox magically transforms into Bradshaw before Sunday.

the Steelers better bring it if they want a shot at the first place team.

I realize that you people are tired of of losing. But the simple fact of the matter is that the Steelers come to play during games like this. Yes our record is worse than yours. But our chemisty is back and we have a much better team than The Bengals. Jon Kitna will fall apart at any time now. You know it. He does it every year. He is as inconsistent as they come. Tommy Maddox is a smarter, more efficient QB.

Our defense will not allow a Bengal TD. Possibly a field goal, but don't count on it. You may even get to see your number one draft pick play after Kitnas Ints.

By the way, Marvin Lewis is a great coach. But our franchise sticks together through the good times and the bad. Which is why we have had only two coaches in over thirty years. Steeler fans are not used to losing.

Maybe when things begin to fall apart again you'll stand behind Marvin.

Lambert 58

Oh, how the tables have turned. The Bengals are in first the Steelers are in last. I love it really, and this week we will continue the "lucky" streak with a win over a once storied but now gasping for air franchise.

So, tell me Steeler fan, are you ready to bring Kordell back to solve your offensive woes yet? Or maybe Neil Odonnell? Well, Tommy sure isnt getting the job done, so maybe more snaps to Randle El will solve matters. As for the defense, not bad, but certainly nothing compared to Steeler teams of the past. Rudi and Corey will run all day....

Okay, I understand the Seahawks fans talking smack, I understand the Chiefs fans talking smack...But the 4-7 Steelers fans talking smack? The fans of the same team that had the Browns cough it up 5, count em 5 (I know some steelers fans can't count that high, and just a hint, it's gonna be the number of wins they get this year) and still only get 13 points! 5 turnovers, 13 points? What the? these are the Browns for goodness sakes! The steelers have lost their luster and will be in full rebuilding mode after Sunday, and will be looking for a new head coach come January. Thank goodness that Mike Brown didn't hire Murlarky to be the head coach....

Oh, and by the way, it isn't luck the Bengals have, it's skill.

Prediction: the Bengals don't gain 100 rushing yards.

You know, even if the Bengals don't win another game, they've had a great season.

But the Pittsburgh Steelers have much more talent. Stop looking at past numbers just for a moment; who has the better linebackers? Who has the better recievers? I will give you the running game, but it won't make much difference against our defense. We have beaten you once this year already but as I said we wont look at past numbers. Just please realize that theres no way you come into Pittsburgh and win. The Cheifs victory magic won't help you now. The Steelers will win the division at 9-7.

Lambert 58

I think it's another case of disillusionment. It comes every so often when the mind suddenly can't identify with a drastic series of events. I can emphasize with them, I mean going from a winning team with a rich tradition to a team that tries to give their opponents every game with a bowtie and ribbon. How sad.

BTW, I don't think last place is reserved for either Bengals nor Pittsburgh. It will from this time forward hold the hearts and minds of Browns fans. The Jungle has come alive and the Steel Curtain has turned to liquid mush.

Pittsburgh home of the best franchise in the history of the NFL.

Lambert 58

Mr. Lambert I was just wondering by what reason you feel Pittsburgh is the best Franchise in history. Cant be World Championships the Packers have 12 titles. Cant even be Superbowls because the 9ers and Cowboys have 5 to your 4. cant even be overall record as the steelers are below 500 all time and cleveland owns you guys head to head. Ijust dont get it dude. But its ok its only football. :rolleyes:

Okay, I understand the Seahawks fans talking smack, I understand the Chiefs fans talking smack...But the 4-7 Steelers fans talking smack?

Smack? Where? All I see is some Cowher-spittle about how it's all gonna be different this Sunday than it was the last 12. Why? Well...uh...chemistry!...yeah, chemistry, that's the ticket! And if not, well, Kitna'll blow it...yeah, that's it, he'll blow it. And Tommy Maddox is about to become a great QB! And the sun will rise in the West! And the Vulcans will land tomorrow and invite us into the United Federation of Planets! And the day after that I'm going to find a glowing purple meteor that gives me the super-power to shoot lighting bolts out my butt!

Too bad Lambert isn't playing, then Pitt might have a chance. As it is, they're about to be steamrolled.

The Steelers are the BEST franchise for these reasons:

1) Patience. How many coaches have The Bengals run through? I have lost count. Your owner spazzes out and the players, fans, and coaches fall apart. The Steelers (even though weve started slowly) stick together. Good things come to those who wait. those who don't wait are left with coaching confusion and team dissarray.

2) The Steelers did win have four Super Bowls in six years as you all know. But that winning tradition carried over after Chuck Noll retired, our ownership sees to it that we stay consistent and select our coaches for the LONG HAUL. Bill Cowher has accomplished more than any coach the Bengals had had recently. Even though he lost a Super Bowl, he got there very quickly.

3) There is a Mystic about our team that you will never understand. The bengals never had a Bradshaw, Ham, Lambert, Greene, Shell, Harris, Swann or Stallworth. No we don't have those caliber players anymore, but playing in the shadows of greatness and with four SB trophies in thier faces makes our players today respect the franchise. It's something that a Bengal fan would not understand. Ken Anderson? Boomer? Icky Woods? Chris Collingsworth? Ho-hum.

Lambert 58

But the Pittsburgh Steelers have much more talent.

Damn, and I thought the crack in KC was good.

If the Steelers get an offensive line, a QB, a great running game, and better recievers then they might have more talent....Oh wait, just replace the entire offense, that might do it...But probably not. Get of it lambert58, the Bengals are on the way up, the Steelers are on the way down it's that simple. It's life in the salary cap/Free agent era. The Steelers can't admit it to themselves, and they shouldn't but their season is over and they'll be rebuilding very soon.

As for the Best franchise in history....A good run (okay great) in the 70's doesn't erase the fact that until then they absolutely sucked....I mean they made the Bengals of the 90's look great....They had some success in the 90's but Cowher inherted Schottenhiemers (his football mentor) big game choke ability.

cheers

Here is what the Monday morning paper will read next week in your city:

Steelers Blank Bengals 31-0

The Bengals fell to 5-6 today after being manhandled by the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Marvin Lewis who was employed by the Steelers earlier in his career was blunt when asked for details saying 'the Steelers were a better team today they've beaten us twice this year... Damn."

The Bengals looked like the Bengals of old managing only 28 yards rushing as Jon Kitna threw four interceptions and said after the game "come on guys, you knew I was gonna mess up sooner or later, GET OFF MY BACK!"

The Steelers are now one game back and are confident after rolling up over 470 yards of total offense.

Lambert 58

It's official, the Crack in Pittsburg is the best in the world!

Get off it mate, you're just trying to stir things up. There ain't a way in hell the Squeelers could blank the Bengals. What are they gonna do? Stop the running game? Chad, and P-Dub would burn them alive, double cover Chad and P-Dub? The Two headed running monster would eat the squeelers for lunch and have a late afternoon snack as well. The Bengals have what is called a balanced attack, something that pittsburg would no nothing about. Hell, the squeelers aren't even the best football team in Pittsburg, Id' put money on Pitt beating them. :D

Oh, and another suggestion, if you're gonna talk smack, at least get your facts straight. Even if the Bengals lose they would still be at 500 with a record of 6-6, and even if the squeelers win, they'll still be losers with a record of 5-7. atfter Sunday, the Bengals will be 7-5, and the Cowher watch moves into high gear.

cheers

Lambert 58, WAKE UP!!! It's 2003 not 1973. Bradshaw and the rest of those guys are yesterday's news. Lets' talk about this Sunday. Starting at QB will be Tommy Malox not Terry Bradshaw. At WR you have Plexiglass Burris not Lynn Swann. Bill Cowfart is your coach not Chuck Knoll. At 6-5 the Bengals can't be 5-6 if they lose. Lambert 58 knows nothing about football or math. Mike Browns' gonna kick your ass. God bless Boobie Clark.

Patience. How many coaches have The Bengals run through? I have lost count.

Don't be picky. The Steelers went through four coaches in six season during the 60's (Parker, Nixon, Austin, and Noll). Now I agree that in the past 13 years, the Steelers have had consistancy but you watch Shula (the crappy one), Coslet, and LeBeau roam the sidelines. However, from 1968-1990, the Bengals employeed only five head coaches as well, so this point is mute.

The Steelers did win have four Super Bowls in six years as you all know.

That is true, but since 1980, you've only been to the big show once while the Bengals played twice. We lost both games by a total of 9 points while Pittsburgh lost XXX by 10.

The bengals never had a Bradshaw, Ham, Lambert, Greene, Shell, Harris, Swann or Stallworth.

I'd rather have Kenny Anderson AND Boomer, with Brooks, Icky, Munoz, Isaac Curtis, Pete Johnson, Eddie Brown, and Dan Ross anyday.

- Harris is overrated because of that catch, oh oh and so is that Swann guy.

But I do have to give props to Lambert, Greene, and Ham, they were awesome to watch.

God bless Boobie Clark.

:D

I love Boobie Clark! Tommy Casanova and Boobie were my favorite players when I was a kid!!

I think the Steelers might be game, but anyone watching this Bengal team can see that something happened after the AZ game. It's a totally different team. It won't end this weekend.

Steelers suck. :lol:

Bengals 27

Steelers 17

It obviously appears that you Benagal fans are so sick of losing that you have become angry citizens. You wanna hear somrthing funny? I would actually root for the Bengals if the Steelers somehow didn't make the playoffs. I love Marvin Lewis, and I hate the Browns and the Ravens. But Reality is, No matter what your 5-5 record has done for your damaged football egos the Bengals will not be contenders with Jon Kitna. He is like driving a used car that you KNOW eventually is going to break down, you just hope it's not today. You cant be comfortable with your team knowing that.

Someone stated that I don't know football: I know more about your pitiful franchise than most of you. By the way Issac Curtis was a brilliant reciever. I have a game game on tape where he catches a pass over the middle and Donnie Shell DESTROYS him. You know what though? He got right up.

Marvin Lewis realizes what a great franchise the Steelers are. Maybe you folks should speak to him before making angry judgements based on your NFL europe type play over the years.

Steelers 31

Bengals

I left out the zero because the odds dropped after I thought about it more.

I'm sorry it has to be this way.

Lambert 58

You're right, we are angry fans, but you have to give Kitna props. He's one of those QBs that's taken a few years to understand the NFL, and this season he's doing great. But we all know that Kitna is not a ship to ride for the future, we already have the resolution for that question.

But you could definately say the same thing about Tommy Maddox, whose fallen right back to form this season. Kitna does have more career TDs than INTs, Maddox is still three short of such goals. Kitna has a .1 percent better QB completion rate, and a .6 better QB rating.

Maddox had one good season and the rest is a storied career of moving around and XFL MVP. Kitna's good season has come and doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

But I have to agree with you on another point, I'd definately be for the Steelers if the Bengals didn't make the playoffs and the Steelers somehow did.

Guys, dont let Lamberts passive aggressive approach rile you up. Its obvious that no matter what we say, no matter how we say it, he will come back with stuff like "prediction, the Steelers will win 77-0". The truth is, he has nothing to back up these ludicrous statements and never will. I dont plan on acting like he is even here..... B)