DE Elton Patterson Waived

AGrizzlyBaer

off bengals.com

The Bengals today waived DE Elton Patterson, a second-year player from Central Florida. Patterson played in two games for Cincinnati this season. Patterson’s release leaves a spot open on the team’s 53-player roster.

i wonder if this means they have somebody coming in or somebody comming up

off bengals.com

The Bengals today waived DE Elton Patterson, a second-year player from Central Florida. Patterson played in two games for Cincinnati this season. Patterson’s release leaves a spot open on the team’s 53-player roster.

i wonder if this means they have somebody coming in or somebody comming up

Wow! :huh:

Can they still sign him back to the PS...?

Didin't see that one comin'.

some odds 'n' ends from pfw...

With MLB Nate Webster out for the season after injuring the patellar tendon in his right knee, it falls to rookie Caleb Miller to pick up the slack. The 6-3, 225-pound Miller has good quickness, but he will have to shed blocks and be a sure tackler if he is to thrive. Veteran Kevin Hardy, who played the middle last season, will stay on the left (strong) side. The team brought in former starting SLB Adrian Ross for a workout last week, but we hear the team doesn’t believe he is fast enough to help. Ross tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee last season. Entering Week Four, the Bengals had only five linebackers on the roster: Miller, Hardy, starting RILB Brian Simmons and reserves Marcus Wilkins and Landon Johnson. Wilkins was claimed on waivers from Arizona before the season, while Johnson is a rookie. Without much salary-cap room — and with a lack of qualified street free agents who could help the team — the Bengals are putting their faith in the ’backers on the roster. Webster is the 11th Bengals player to be placed on injured reserve and the fourth linebacker, the others being Khalid Abdullah, Frank Chamberlin and LaDairis Jackson.

How banged up is Cincinnati’s secondary? Rookie Madieu Williams has started four NFL games at three positions: cornerback (Week One), strong safety (Week Three) and free safety (Week Four)

They could be looking at LB, but who out there could make a difference at this point? Gildon is the only name I can think off offhand and you have to think that if they were interested he'd be here already. But if Beckett is shot...and Marvin's comments on him sound way, way, way down, I wonder if they aren't looking at safety? I dunno...

Can they still sign him back to the PS...?

Didin't see that one comin'.

I'm pretty sure they can, I think a player can be active for up to five games and still be signed to the PS.

They could be looking at LB, but who out there could make a difference at this point? Gildon is the only name I can think off offhand and you have to think that if they were interested he'd be here already. But if Beckett is shot...and Marvin's comments on him sound way, way, way down, I wonder if they aren't looking at safety? I dunno...

MLB Kevin Mitchell came up at the end of August. He's an ex-Skin when ML was there so he's already got 1 foot in the door. He's 6-1, 258 but 33 yrs old.

Then again signing a 37 year old center has worked out B)

Other MLB's not signed were Marvin Jones (6-2, 244, 32 yrs old w/ 118 tackles last year for Jets) and Lester Towns (6-1, 245, 25 yrs old) who was Dan Morgan's backup.

I'd be surprised to see a SS picked up but Sam Garnes never signed after getting cut by Jets.

Marvin probably don't need to play for the $755k 10-yr vet minimum and maybe just wanted to retire a lifetime Jet.

Just to clarify, the 118 tackles are combined, which includes assists.

Anyway, here's what Marvin is up to lately down in Fla.

NFL player at Republican fundraiser

The Southwest Florida Young Republicans will hold "In Flight 2004," a benefit wine tasting from 6-9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 15, at Galerie Du Soleil, 3993 Broad Avenue, in Naples.

The group hopes to raise $5,000 for the R.J. Victor Angel Fund, which provides support to families with children suffering from metabolic disorders. The event will feature wine, chocolates and a variety of food items.

NFL player Marvin Jones, who played 11 years with the New York Jets, will serve as the benefit's honorary celebrity host, welcoming guests and helping to moderate the evening's festivities.

For more information, call 523-3514.