My ESPN NFL 2K5 Preview for this week

WhoDey42

I just bought ESPN NFL 2K5 tonight. I have to say that it is so much better than Madden '05. Anyone that has PS2 must buy this game... it is amazing. The game looks EXACTLY like a Sunday Night game on ESPN. The only thing that annoyed me was the announcer's horrible pronounciation of the Raven's punter.

Anyway, heres how the Bengals-Ravens game went for me (if anyone cares)...

-On the first play of the game, Kim Herring intercepted Boller... that led to a TD.

-2nd drive of the game for the Ravens, Jamal Lewis gets hurt (comes back though).

-I throw a stupid interception with about a minute left in the first half, Baltimore gets a field goal.

-10-7 Baltimore at the half

-In the second half I turn it on and run all over the Ravens defense. My defense shuts them down, Warrick returns a punt 50 yards for a TD.

Total Yds.: Ravens-289 Bengals-264

Passing: Ravens-252 Bengals-152

Rushing: Ravens-37 Bengals-112

FINAL SCORE: 31-17 :player: BENGALS WIN! :player:

Rudi had 114 yards

Jamal Lewis had 31 yards

A lot of people always told me that ESPN was better than Madden and I thought they were idiots. But now that I bought it I agree with them. In my opinion it feels more real than Madden, and Madden gets boring after a while. I think the online and franchise modes are better than Madden too. But thats just me :).

well s**t i guess a victory is locked in stone then

Yep, your welcome:) Sell your ticket, you don't even have to go to the game now.

I don't like this year's Madden. It's something I can't put my finger on, but the players look WAAAAY too brolic. If you were that big you'd lose a s**t load of flexibilty, not to mention range of motion. I'm suprised the QB can even throw a football, his arms look like f**king popeye's.... :lol:

graphics are awesome on espn...all the additional out of game stuff are the best like the halftime update, postgame update, sportcenter highlights are frickin great. the gameplay is still better in madden though.

Anyone who says Madden is better, OBVIOUSLY did not try ESPN or at least didnt give it a decent shot and whines about different controls..

Quit being an EASports drone you fools.. ESPN is cheaper and MUCH better than Madden.. This year and last year..

I have played all 4 and several seasons in 3 of the 4 (I just couldnt play much madden 2005 b/c it sucks so bad)

Anyone who says Madden is better, OBVIOUSLY did not try ESPN or at least didnt give it a decent shot and whines about different controls..

Quit being an EASports drone you fools.. ESPN is cheaper and MUCH better than Madden.. This year and last year..

I have played all 4 and several seasons in 3 of the 4 (I just couldnt play much madden 2005 b/c it sucks so bad)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats right Dave.. I even come to the zone to comment of foolish things like

'Madden is better'

lol

ESPN this year.. Madden racked up quite a blowout for past games, but they lose two years in a row now.. Hopefully they get their act together next year and put out the finest product again.. My ea profile isnt getting beefier playing espn, but at least espn is way better :)