Ricky ordered to pay Dolphins

B24

I think it's great. And it was a smart business decision on Miami's part to include the clause in the contract. I think the big thing is it clears cap space for Miami to trade him now.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7719408

Williams has been ordered to repay the Dolphins $8.6 million.

Looks like he needs to put the the bong down and get back into football now so he can at least start playing by next season. Because from what I've heard he doesn't have the money to repay Miami.

$8.6??? I would bet Pothead's peeing down his leg right now!!! I can just hear it now:

Somewhere in Jamaica:

Ricky: "Daaaaaaaayyyyy-o......Daaaaaa-heeaayyyy-o!!!!! Come'on Mon, pass da s**t!!!"

RastaMon #1: "I am mon--just hold on mon--da s**t dis killa!!!"

Ricky: "Do you think you're Mike Ditka in a groomsman's outfit or something, mon??? I'm just going to tell you, mon--dat s**t tisn't hoppenin' agin, mon!!! No way I'm wearing that weddin' dress again, mon!!! I musta been high dat daaaaay, mon!!!! Shabba!!!!"

RastaMon: "Hold daaaaaaaay-o s**t, mon--hold da weed, mon--you owe'd dem $8.6 mil, mon!!!!"

Ricky: "Oh noooo-o!!! Dose are a whole lotz of dime bags, mon!!!"

:wacko::wacko::lol::D

Williams has been ordered to repay the Dolphins $8.6 million.

Ricky Williams being "ordered" to financially reimburse the Dolphins by an Authority in the United States is a LONG, LONG way from actually getting paid dime one of it! Especially with these factors:

#1: Ricky Williams isn't even physically in the United States at this time, and nor I doubt the funds they want returned are either. Last time I checked, most drug dealers just don't honor American Express, so alot of cash must travel with him. I bet he's secured his money abroad where it's out of American reach!

#2: He's high. I mean really, really high. Even if all of us here could take everytime we've been high in our lives, combine them into one big monster high, we still wouldn't be as high as Ricky! And I suspect that is his prevailing condition at any given time you find him. 24/7. So when he finally comprehends this demand, he will laugh and laugh, finding it unbelievably hilarious that they must actually think he intends to dutifully comply and suddenly not break the law any further! From this point on he swears!! :lol:

Yeah...right. This is doubtful to be the response of a person who for breaking the law by buying and smoking weed was a common daily/hourly occurance for him! I say we're seeing Ricky running his last play. It's called "Grab your cash and your stash, and make your dash in a flash!"

Dave Wanndestadt has better odds of being handed a big check at his front door from Ed McMahon before he ever sees one from Mr. Williams! :rolleyes:

u also have to remember that ricky is half retarded. he'll pay it and play next year.

We'll see! Do you think he can actually give up weed after smoking it as long as he has? So far all indications from his actions and statementsdon't give me much hope for this to happen! IMO If he does return, it'll last only until his his first piss test happens and then he'll be back on the bricks!

• 2 months later...
u also have to remember that ricky is half retarded.  he'll pay it and play next year.

We'll see! Do you think he can actually give up weed after smoking it as long as he has? So far all indications from his actions and statements don't give me much hope for this to happen! IMO If he does return, it'll last only until his his first piss test happens and then he'll be back on the bricks!

I hate to say "I told you so"...

I lied. I LOVE to say that! :lol: Can I call 'em or what!?! All except he never even made it to his first piss test. I knew there was no way he was coming back to the NFL! He's in his own little world, and has little regard for what's outside of it!

I'm wondering why his agents tried to force the issue. Ricky talks as though he has NEVER changed his mind about this. Maybe they wanted one last paycheck out of the guy! :rolleyes:

Did anyone see Andrea Kramer's report on ESPN with Ricky Williams -- not interview, but she was recapping what was said between herself and Williams. The jist of it is Williams doesn't care if he's supposed to pay the money back, he doesn't care about the 3 children from 3 different mothers; pretty much he doesn't care about anything other than smoking pot and being left alone. Shesh, this guy gives pot-smokers a bad name. B)

Talk about a career just going up in smoke...What a waste of talent. Here's a guy, certainly headed for the Hall of Fame .. the way he was running, he could have set any record he set his sights on, but smoking pot is more important.. geesh :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: .. Sounds like the makings of one of those public service announcements..

This is your brain on drugs.. picture of a STONER, like Williams, getting run over the Steelers charging defense.. enough said..

all of you who criticize Ricky are very very narrow minded, and it's kind of sad.

look, he, unlike everyone else won't just play football because he can make major money (the reason most athletes do it... not the "love" of the game), or because people expect him to. i know his timing was bad, but should he make his life miserable and suffer through another season when he hates everything just because other people want him to? i don't think so.

and anyone sitting there saying all he wants to do is sit around and smoke weed are also ignorant. i don't if any of you actually smoke weed, i know i do with enough regularity to understand his stance. he suffers from social anxiety order, and that's something a lot of people do not understand. i know someone who has it and it must be terrible. as you know ricky never wanted to do on camera interviews and tried to stay away from the press, not because he's an a**h*** but because he has a social disorder. he had a prescription for pills but chose to stop taking them. now he smokes marijuana because it helps him deal with it a lot easier without having to take drugs that have side effects like mood swings and fatigue and overall feeling s**tty (i know the effects because as i said i know someone with social anxiety disorder).

now to say he's just a worthless pothead is stupid since he's going to school for wholistic medicine. he's not just partying and get f**ked up. he's not doing hard drugs, and he doesn't even drink.

people are chewing him out and it's just wrong. he lives a lifestyle people don't understand and don't like so they criticize him for it which is just stupid and hypocritical because no one is perfect. he's not a bad person, he's living a humble life in a rented house instead of living the baller lifestyle and partying all the time, which he could. so to call him selfish and a bad person makes no sense since he has given up so much money he could have gotten to study medicine in a small college in a humble life.

so stop judging ricky because you don't have social anxiety disorder and you don't understand how he feels. this is the united states, a free country, he can do whatever he wants, and if he doesn't want to play football because he hates it and wants to do something else with his life, HE CAN.

all of you who criticize Ricky are very very narrow minded, and it's kind of sad.

so stop judging ricky because you don't have social anxiety disorder and you don't understand how he feels. this is the united states, a free country, he can do whatever he wants, and if he doesn't want to play football because he hates it and wants to do something else with his life, HE CAN.

I wouldn't say "narrow minded". People are just expressing their thoughts from their point of view! In fact most comments about him weren't too critical about his choice, and others were even supportive. Ricky has every right not to play football. Even if the reason is so he can smoke marijuana. In his interview he admitted he just doesn't want to play under the NFL's current rules. The drug testing rule in particular.

As far as his "Social Anxiety" disorder, it sounds like "Agorophobia" to me, by which is medically defined as "a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of open spaces, leaving a safe place, or crowded public places". I know a person who is living with this problem every single day. Some days are pretty good, and some days are pretty bad. If this is what he has, then playing in front of the huge crowds on Sunday would have been almost impossible for him to force himself to do.

Maybe it's a milder form of the condition that isn't as debilitating. Maybe it was controlled through the drugs he purchased illegally, as well as the ones that were perscribed. Maybe it's all just an excuse to not to pay back the money he owes, as well as to keep on smoking pot. Who knows?

I just hope he isn't faking this disorder. Not because of football, or the fans, or because he owes some other rich people money. The organization will just be out the cash, and will probably write it off on the teams taxes as a loss. No big deal. They'll still have nice homes to live in, and won't even miss their normal extravagant vacations!

Who it IS a big deal for is his kids who all seem to have different mothers and never see him. Nor will they receive any further financial support from him. These children are his own flesh and blood, but he gives them little to no consideration in his life. That is why I say I hope this isn't one big act, claiming illness to shirk his responsibilities as a man and as a father! Illnesses such as this have been faked before by many others for any number of reasons. Let's hope he's not one of them. Time may tell...