Great win Bengals

LesterLyles

Don't know if you remember me but I am a huge Jets fan and posted here a few times leading up to the game. Just wanted to congratulate you guys on beating a hated rival of ours. my wife is from Cincy (Western Hills) so I follow you guys closely. It was nice to see Palmer poised at the end. The experience will serve him well. Good luck this week and during the season.

P.S. I realize Jet fans had a good relationship w/ this board last week. How were the Fish fans?? I personally can't stand them but may be a bit biased. Curious what you guys thought!!

I'm actually going to keep up with the Jets this year.  They really impressed me...

Yeah I think the Jets may be the team to beat this year. If Martin can keep up the pace he's set they will be unstoppable.

When Curtis Martin goes up against a formidable defense, then I'll say he's for real. Otherwise, I'll say he padded his numbers against terrible defenses.

I'll say that there's a couple of teams that are the "teams to beat":

1. Jacksonville (so far)

2. Indianapolis

3. Tennessee (the annual team to beat)

And yes, I think you can include the Jets, as for right now.

Jax effin sux. Their offense is ranked 32nd in the league right now. Two lucky as s&*t wins does not make them a "team to beat".

Yeah, but remember, a lot of people were saying that about Carolina this time last year as well, but look where they ended up.

But yeah, they are bloody lucky. Any team that makes Baltimore's offense look explosive is shocking.

Jax effin sux. Their offense is ranked 32nd in the league right now. Two lucky as s&*t wins does not make them a "team to beat".

Last I checked, they were 2-0. So don't give me this statistic crap.

In the year 2000, the Ravens were the team to beat--and their offense sucked donkey dicks. They didn't even know who their starting QB was until Trent Dilrod took over for Tony Banks.

Great Defenses usually win everytime.

Here's a hint: Sunday Night's game was won because the BUNGLES PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE!!!

So, Jacksonville wasn't lucky. They have been playing good defense. That explains their 2 wins.

And when a team is 2-0, that makes them a TEAM TO BEAT.

Ok, so lay out the case for Detroit. I guess they are a team to beat too, then.

Jax:

1st, hail mary 4th and 6 ever gets answered in Buffalo for win 1. Denver effin drops the ball when they shouldn't have even run it gets them win 2. That fortunate sequence of events does not make them better than 1-1 teams like Indy or Tennessee. Simply ridiculous.

jax will make the playoffs mb if the keep it up but their offense is gonna hurt them in the long run. NE, Indy, tenn, and KC are still the teams to beat. yes i said KC, they've had 2 tough games and should get their offense going starting this week.

jax will make the playoffs mb if the keep it up but their offense is gonna hurt them in the long run. NE, Indy, tenn, and KC are still the teams to beat. yes i said KC, they've had 2 tough games and should get their offense going starting this week.

See jd, I do think jax is on upswing because of their defense. But it is what is in their division that will hold them back just yet. TN and Indy are still formidable, and I don't see Jax climbing past either of those teams yet. I figure one wild card for the Jets, and other for the TN/Indy loser or someone like Denver or KC. If Jax can climb past that, more power to them, but their division location makes that an extremely tall order.

Put it this way, I bet they still wish they were in the AFC North (what was the Central).

Ok, so lay out the case for Detroit. I guess they are a team to beat too, then.

Jax:

1st, hail mary 4th and 6 ever gets answered in Buffalo for win 1. Denver effin drops the ball when they shouldn't have even run it gets them win 2. That fortunate sequence of events does not make them better than 1-1 teams like Indy or Tennessee. Simply ridiculous.

Detroit is in a WEAK DIVISION--so yeah, they ARE the team to beat in the NFC North.

But what do you expect from a Division that has Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota, and Green Bay???

ALL those teams have weaker defenses, so yes, the division is for the taking.

I believe firmly that the Lions COULD win that division.

;)

OR, Green Bay is still the team to beat despite an early loss. Or maybe Minnesota with that offense. Come on barbarian, you are the first to say its early in terms of any Bengals success, but want to make Detroit (minus Charles Rogers I might add) the favorite over Green Bay? Can I get a bet on who wins that division? I will take Green Bay/Minnesota and you can have Detroit.

Jax - I'll give them props for going 2-0 to start the season. But anytime you have a guy named Ernest making game winning catches two games in a row, you've got a disaster in the waiting. And as Memphis said, they are too much in over their head with Indy and Tenn.

Det - I really like them. They have a foundation of good young players that will win in the future; but not now. Teams will attack Harrington and Jones tough and with both being young, they will still make mistakes. Plus Minnesota is a great home team and Green Bay seems to always make the fight. Detroit has a chance at making the final wild card, but the odds of that are similar to seeing Osama and Bush at the BBQ drinking a beer (or Kerry actually sticking with the same position during a full week).

Here's a hint:  Sunday Night's game was won because the BUNGLES PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE!!!

Man. That's something not said in Cincy in a while! Say it again Barb! :D

Holy s**tola!!! I did say that didn't I???

Some one shoot me right now. Ahhhh, forget about that--I'm going to go take a bath with the TV on the side of the tub.

"Oh Noooooo!!!! Zap!!! Zap!!!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

OR, Green Bay is still the team to beat despite an early loss. Or maybe Minnesota with that offense. Come on barbarian, you are the first to say its early in terms of any Bengals success, but want to make Detroit (minus Charles Rogers I might add) the favorite over Green Bay? Can I get a bet on who wins that division? I will take Green Bay/Minnesota and you can have Detroit.

Nah--I still think Green Bay is going to win that division....

Er, what the hell--it's just a bet--I'll f**king take Detroit. What do I have to lose???

As for Harrington not being the man--BULLSMITZ!!! So far, Joey's been the MAN in Motor City. And he's doing it without his #1 receiver--Rogers.

Er, what the hell--it's just a bet--I'll f**king take Detroit. What do I have to lose???

As for Harrington not being the man--BULLSMITZ!!! So far, Joey's been the MAN in Motor City. And he's doing it without his #1 receiver--Rogers.

harrington has been anything but "the man"

he's been booed by his home crowd, thrown way more INTs than TDs, I believe the most INTs in the last 2 years if I remember correctly.

harrington has been anything but "the man"

he's been booed by his home crowd, thrown way more INTs than TDs, I believe the most INTs in the last 2 years if I remember correctly.

Not this year. He has looked good, has a good QB rating, and his TD-INT ratio if 2-1. Roy Williams is stepping up very nicely.

That being said they play the Eagles this week so we will se just how good they are.

Thank you Lester.

And Good Luck with The Jets season.....

I would love to have a re-match with your guys in the Play-Offs this year.

If that is in the case and it is in NY (hopefully our win would count for some kind of tiebreaker), you guys are more than welcome to stop by and tailgate w/ us. Pretty good times in the swamp!