Marvin Lewis Press Conference

jditty47

Is hardy in trouble? ML says something in the press conference about still not being sure who the weak side backer is. I did notice he got subbed out a couple times...but not more than simmons was....

Is hardy in trouble? ML says something in the press conference about still not being sure who the weak side backer is. I did notice he got subbed out a couple times...but not more than simmons was....

Perhaps poor performance. Other than a broken up pass -- shudda been an INT -- I don't recall seeing in many plays. This may be an instance of Hardy and others battling it out for position -- a way to motivate??? Hummmm.

No no no. Watch the video again. He was joking that he doesn't like the term "weak side" linebacker. They're all linebackers to him. He said the weak side backer probably doesn't feel like his side is very "weak" when he says those big tackles heading his direction...

The comments had nothing to do with Hardy whatsoever.

Yeah he seems to love Hardy for some reason despite his lack of play making. I saw Landon Johnson make another nice tackle at the LOS last night, and like the fact they are working him in there, he seems to make a play of some sort or catch your eye every week he's in the game.

Lewis loves what Hardy brings to the locker room, remember he was made the team captain last year.

As for Landon Johnson, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start next week if Marvin pulls out the 4-4 front against the offensively challanged Ravens.

Marvin loves Hardy, but Landon Johnson wins the starting spot by mid-year. Guy is too young and too fast to keep out of the line-up. Hardy can still be a great presence on the team. If he steps back for Landon at some point, I am guessing that he can fulfill a Kitna type role.