Boller = Favre

membengal

The aptly named Peter Schmuck in the Baltimore Sun writes an overwrought article comparing Kyle Boller to Brett Favre at one point in the column http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp....orts-columnists :

"IN CASE ANYONE might be looking for me, I'll be at the Marriott in Jacksonville in early February. The Ravens are a dead lock to go to the Super Bowl, and I'm not waiting around until all the good rooms are gone.

Sure, there were a few anxious moments last week, when Brian Billick had to grab me by the collar and tell me that winners never quit and quitters never win and to stop worrying about Kyle Boller and quit ripping Eagles fans (because they can't take it) and, well, you get the picture.

The Ravens may have looked like roadkill in Cleveland, but didn't the Patriots lose their opener last year like 31-0? Didn't the Eagles lose their first two games before marching all the way to the NFC championship game? Doesn't every great season start with some discouraging speed bump that allows the players to gloat that "no one gave us a chance" while they're drinking champagne out of the championship trophy?

Don't know about you, but I'll never doubt Coach Billick again.

Boller looked like Brett Favre in yesterday's 30-13 victory over the Steelers, which was quite a switch from the Tony Banks imitation he was doing against the Browns in the opener. If he can keep hitting the medium routes, there's no reason I won't be relaxing on Amelia Island for a couple of weeks leading up to Super Bowl XXXIX."

Man, just when I was looking for more reasons to hate Baltimore, this schmuck gives me one more. It's so on for this weekend.

By the way, Boller threw for 98 yards and ran for 34 last weekend. Unreal.

Who dey, you schmuck.

The aptly named Peter Schmuck in the Baltimore Sun writes an overwrought article comparing Kyle Boller to Brett Favre at one point in the column http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp....orts-columnists :

"IN CASE ANYONE might be looking for me, I'll be at the Marriott in Jacksonville in early February. The Ravens are a dead lock to go to the Super Bowl, and I'm not waiting around until all the good rooms are gone.

Sure, there were a few anxious moments last week, when Brian Billick had to grab me by the collar and tell me that winners never quit and quitters never win and to stop worrying about Kyle Boller and quit ripping Eagles fans (because they can't take it) and, well, you get the picture.

The Ravens may have looked like roadkill in Cleveland, but didn't the Patriots lose their opener last year like 31-0? Didn't the Eagles lose their first two games before marching all the way to the NFC championship game? Doesn't every great season start with some discouraging speed bump that allows the players to gloat that "no one gave us a chance" while they're drinking champagne out of the championship trophy?

Don't know about you, but I'll never doubt Coach Billick again.

Boller looked like Brett Favre in yesterday's 30-13 victory over the Steelers, which was quite a switch from the Tony Banks imitation he was doing against the Browns in the opener. If he can keep hitting the medium routes, there's no reason I won't be relaxing on Amelia Island for a couple of weeks leading up to Super Bowl XXXIX."

Man, just when I was looking for more reasons to hate Baltimore, this schmuck gives me one more. It's so on for this weekend.

By the way, Boller threw for 98 yards and ran for 34 last weekend. Unreal.

Who dey, you schmuck.

Schmuck is right.

I'd be laughing my ass off right now if his 1st name would have been HOMER.

:lol::lol::lol:

Let me put this into perspective for you guys, in a way I think you can understand. Our passing game over the last 5 years or so has been so bad, it's been on another level of bad. It looked like we were trying to be awful, trying really hard. It's like your record over that decade of suckitude. It looked like your team was trying to lose. Nobody could be that bad.

Then, there must have come a first game last year, when even though you lost, the loss was different. It wasn't pathetic. It was just normal bad. You lost the same way as 15 other teams that week, not in a special Bengals sucky way.

For us, the passing game looked bad, but just normal bad. The kind of normal bad that can get better. It had none of the typical Ravens ineptitude. It was good enough to win if not great. Boller only threw for 98 yards, but they were a good efficient yards. If we had Brett Favre back there Sunday, and had run the exact same sequence of plays, he would have played the same.

Now, b/f you freak out, look closely at the language of that statement. Obviously if you have Favre you throw more, but let's say you only ask favre to throw 18 passes in a game, and completes enough to win? How different would it look from Boller's game?

Again, I concede that Boller is not Brett Favre. But, from our perspective, he might as well be.

If they don't score, they don't win. That is the philosophy we have to win by. We don't live in the world of "score more points than the other team."

I am looking forward to that Patriots game though. We'll see how their no name all team we don't need superstars defense does when compared to a we've got probowlers at every position defense.

You guys are learning some of our pain in dealing with a young QB. It takes time. Fortunately for Boller, he can throw for 98 yards and with our running game and defense, we can dominate. Palmer doesn't have that luxury.

But seriously, in 4 years, when Boller, Palmer, and Big Ben are in their primes, this division is going to be fun to watch. Hopefully we'll get a WR by then. :huh:

You guys are learning some of our pain in dealing with a young QB. It takes time. Fortunately for Boller, he can throw for 98 yards and with our running game and defense, we can dominate. Palmer doesn't have that luxury.

But seriously, in 4 years, when Boller, Palmer, and Big Ben are in their primes, this division is going to be fun to watch. Hopefully we'll get a WR by then. :huh:

Dude, we know pain about young QB's, we can give advanced lectures on dealing with young QB's. In fact I think Bilick should have talked to Marvin about how to handle rookie QB's cause unless Boeller starts to show something he's just gonna piss off the D even more and it'll get nasty...Cause they were pretty pissed last year before Boeller was injured.

Yeah, there should be some good passers if they are handled correctly. But that's a big damn if.

Let me put this into perspective for you guys, in a way I think you can understand. Our passing game over the last 5 years or so has been so bad, it's been on another level of bad. It looked like we were trying to be awful, trying really hard. It's like your record over that decade of suckitude. It looked like your team was trying to lose. Nobody could be that bad.

Then, there must have come a first game last year, when even though you lost, the loss was different. It wasn't pathetic. It was just normal bad. You lost the same way as 15 other teams that week, not in a special Bengals sucky way.

For us, the passing game looked bad, but just normal bad. The kind of normal bad that can get better. It had none of the typical Ravens ineptitude. It was good enough to win if not great. Boller only threw for 98 yards, but they were a good efficient yards. If we had Brett Favre back there Sunday, and had run the exact same sequence of plays, he would have played the same.

Now, b/f you freak out, look closely at the language of that statement. Obviously if you have Favre you throw more, but let's say you only ask favre to throw 18 passes in a game, and completes enough to win? How different would it look from Boller's game?

Again, I concede that Boller is not Brett Favre. But, from our perspective, he might as well be.

Yeah, I would agree to all this if BRET FAVRE WAS PLAYING IN A DOMED STADIUM!!! Otherwise, no.

Domed Stadiums are a form of Bret Favre's Kryptonite. This is the only way that Favre passes for 98 yards for a game.

Bret Favre can turn s**t into gold--as he has been for the past 5 years--Dudes, he really DOESN'T have ANY kind of receivers. Bubba Franks sucks. Favre makes Donald Driver what he is.

Arizona, you're talking about a guy that played a whole season on a broken thumb.

I'm severely offended (in a football sense) that Homer Schmuck put Favre's name in the same sentence as Ebola's (Boller).

It's f**king ludicrous that a fan would try to explain that s**t.

It's a horrible article. Just admit it. And only some stupid sports writer from Baltiwhore would attempt it.

;)

If they don't score, they don't win. That is the philosophy we have to win by. We don't live in the world of "score more points than the other team.

Last I checked, the ONLY way to win was to score more points than the other team.

Your defense can hold them to as few points as you want, but if your offense doesn't score more than the defense gives up, and they will give up some, you won't win.

I seem to remember a huge debate about how ridiculous it was to mention Nate Webster's name in the same sentence as Ray Lewis...now that an idiot writes a joke column saying Boller played like Favre on Sunday all of a sudden its not so bad to put those two names in the same sentence.

Let me ask all of you this: Who lived up to their ridiculous statement better this weekend, Boller or Webster??

You gotta stop making such a big deal about statement like that anyway. The only people who have the right to be offended by those kind of comparisons are the players who are being compared to. As a fan of the game you can agree or disagree, call the writer/sportscaster/fellow football fan or whoever a moron and make your own argument.

Look at it this way, how many QB's have been compared to Montana? How many have lived up to it? If it ever happens then the comparisons stop and the players have their own legacy. Look at Elway, wait and see if it happens to Brady.