Report: Bills, Falcons Interested in Hue

HoosierCat

Shorter Denver Post sportswriter Mike Klis: Mike Brown is a racist for blocking Vance Joseph to Denver.

/>http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/01/21/marvin-lewis-mike-brown-need-right-thing-vance-joseph/32263/

Wow. Just wow. What an idiot.

Ha, the comments from Broncos fans are priceless, essentially calling him a total fool.

That blog is pure whining. 100%. What a silly thing to post.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of 100% whining sports columnists, I saw this over the weekend from some joker at the Boston Globe.

/>http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/24/ravens-coach-john-harbaugh-sounds-like-man-pleading-for-forgiveness-over-deflategate/nomWQem0ynWFfq4RG27QHP/story.html

Did you know that the bad guy in Deflate gate is...John Harbaugh? Yes, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh! This is all a plot he cooked up with his crony Chuck Pagano (another dirty ratfink!) to get revenge for being defeated in the playoffs.

And just you wait, now that John & Chuck have crossed the mighty Belichick, they'll be run out of football just like Eric Mangini (because everyone knows Mangini got run out of football by BB and not because he sucked ass as a head coach) for tainting this Super Bowl run!

Here's yet another. Not as good as the first but man, what a bunch of babies.

/>http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_27399891/bengals-dropping-ball-by-forcing-joseph-stay?source=infinite

Someone call the Whaaaaaaaaambulance for these guys.

I can't wait for the Broncos to suck for about 5 straight years.

They brought in all of the high priced defensive free agents and still failed. John Fox got the hell out of there for a reason. I can only imagine what a treat John Elway is to work for.

On the flip side, in most cases the Brown family has been very accommodating about letting their coaches move on. I feel like there is something else going on in this situation. It makes me wonder if Mr. Joseph is part of some type of in-house succession plan for the Bengals.

The way I understand it, the Rooney rule applies to head coaches?

The Broncos are really moaning about this. I hope the Bengals do not make the situation so ugly that Vance ends up bitter that he can't jump, then does not work as hard as he would/should...don't want a poisoned well here.

If in fact Vance isn't happy about this (which I have no definitive idea) his best approach is actually to work harder and make sure his defensive backfield is one of the best in the league. His contract is up after 2015, if I remember correctly, and if he and in turn his defensive backfield tank in 2015, his job prospects might lessen to a degree.

Maybe it's just that I don't understand the quitter mentality.

Work hard, when something presents as a challenge, work harder.

Quit ?? That word just doesn't register.

They brought in all of the high priced defensive free agents and still failed. John Fox got the hell out of there for a reason. I can only imagine what a treat John Elway is to work for.

On the flip side, in most cases the Brown family has been very accommodating about letting their coaches move on. I feel like there is something else going on in this situation. It makes me wonder if Mr. Joseph is part of some type of in-house succession plan for the Bengals.

Yeah, this. I go back to what Josh wrote: Brown said he wanted to talk to Joseph before making a decision, and now he's taking the heat for him, because if Vance came out and said he didn't want the job it wouldn't be a good career move.

I wouldn't be surprised if Joseph was a little pissed at the Broncos. After all, they did obviously use him as a "Rooney Rule" interview so they could go ahead and hire the guy they had clearly decided to hire from the start.

If in fact Vance isn't happy about this (which I have no definitive idea) his best approach is actually to work harder and make sure his defensive backfield is one of the best in the league. His contract is up after 2015, if I remember correctly, and if he and in turn his defensive backfield tank in 2015, his job prospects might lessen to a degree.

Oh, I hear you. I'm not suggesting he will under perform because he wasn't permitted to jet. I'm just recognizing that it's a risk that if he truly did want to go, and the Bengals held firm to keeping him, his attitude might erode. Not saying it will but it's not outside the realm of human reaction.

Of course if his group tanks, and it's viewed that it's his issue, he'd only be doing himself harm for future potential opportunities.

If he viewed himself being the Rooney rule candidate, and saw the D Coordinator job as the consolation prize, it could be interpreted either way.

Oh, I hear you. I'm not suggesting he will under perform because he wasn't permitted to jet. I'm just recognizing that it's a risk that if he truly did want to go, and the Bengals held firm to keeping him, his attitude might erode. Not saying it will but it's not outside the realm of human reaction.

Of course if his group tanks, and it's viewed that it's his issue, he'd only be doing himself harm for future potential opportunities.

If he viewed himself being the Rooney rule candidate, and saw the D Coordinator job as the consolation prize, it could be interpreted either way.

He's 42 years old and very talented. I bet much of that is due to his attitude. I doubt that it goes to shit because of this. If it does, he's doomed anyway.

Not that any of you are saying that, I just think this whole situation is based on suppositions. Oh, and the Denver columnists are whiny bitches.

Well, the Broncos are reportedly interviewing Wade Phillips for the DC job today, so the whinging may finally be nearing the end.

To which I interpret to mean that SoP is not changing his mind, Coach Vance is going nowhere. No matter how much the Front Range media nerds whine and play race baiting cards.

Yeah, I was following you King. I was just saying I don't get that mindset.