Clutch Dalton v. Colin Chokernick

HoosierCat

Back on Dalton, it seems that his turnaround last week from the horrid first half to a sharp second half was due at least in part to Hue reading him the riot act at halftime.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/13869/bengals-andy-dalton-hue-jackson-second-half-repeat

Like I said in the Hill thread, I like Hue. For years we've had coaches who treat key players like they're fking china dolls. Good to see some accountability in action.

They beat the Ravens twice

Are the Raven's making the playoffs? I think it's a long shot. Anyone else this season?

I'll give you that they haven't done the best at times this season for sure.

The Ravens ?? Currently holding the 6th seed with Houston and Cleveland left.

I wouldn't be surprised with 3 teams from the AFCN getting in.

In regards to the original thought of this thread, when you look at their stat lines both Dalton and Kap look like the same QB.

I would guess Kap attempting to run would have something to do with his league leading 49 sacks.

Other than that, their stat lines are almost identical to this point.

Kap on the other hand is taking the brunt of what is happening in San Fran and there is talk about him not being the answer there.

Dalton maintains a firm grasp of the job here in Cincinnati, but I think everything is on the table after 2015.

I'm not saying he should stay or go, but rather judge that on who is available via free agency or the draft (maybe trade which rarely happens) that would present a better option than Dalton. I hear people say all the time that we should just get rid of Dalton and to that I say GREAT. Now who starts at QB ?? I don't ask that to be an ass, it's a serious question. I'm all for Dalton getting shown the door if there is a viable option.

For now, i'm good seeing a game plan like we had this past weekend where Dalton isn't expected to shoulder the burden, he throws about 25 times, and there is a heavy dose of the running game. It goes back to when they ran the jumbo package and said, you know we are going to run it, but you have to stop it.

Get it in your head that you are going to kick their ass and then go execute.

Think we are in bad shape with Dalton and his contract ??

It could be worse, they could have guaranteed Dalton all of that money, but they didn't.

Want to know why that would have sucked ?? Ask Chicago Bears fans.

Cutler got benched and Jimmy Clausen will be starting this coming Sunday.

The cost of getting rid of Cutler at the end of the season ?? At least 15.5 million and reports are upwards of 30+ million.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/17/report-bears-bench-jay-cutler-start-jimmy-clausen/

Here's where I saw it:

At a time when more teams are using year-to-year deals that protect the franchise against a dramatic downturn in ability, Emery gave Cutler $54 million guaranteed over three years. To get out of the contract after one season, the Bears would have to watch $38 million walk out the door.

People can hate Dalton all they want, but at least the Bengals left getting rid of him as an option that won't kill the teams salary cap.

The Bears are doomed for a few years.