Team Problems and Causes

UK Bengal

WE can't make any change to that obviously, but it's just talk Greg.

What do you think we should do ?? Just spitballing of course.

I'm not being funny in the least.

Do you have a family? A job? Other hobbies besides football?

That would be a good place to start!

I try not to worry or fret over anything I have no control over!

I used to follow sports like some crazed psycho years ago! Baseball, basketball, football, boxing (heck I used to know all the champions in every weight division)

Ever since the strikes in the 80s......I shut it all down, and became a casual fan again. Just root for and follow the Reds, Bengals, and some college teams that my family is tied to.

What can I do? I can stop supporting the teams by paying to go to the games. I went a Bengals game in Miami a few years back, and went to the Jacksonville game in 2012. Both were gifts for my birthday. I do not attend spring training games even though the Red Sox and Twins spring train here in town, and have attended one Red Sox/Tampa and one Cincinnati/Atlanta game in the last 32 years, both were early birthday gifts as well.

Outside of that my friend, NOTHING can be done, by ME to change a thing!!

This is a perspective that comes with age. As a long hardened Bengal fan, I've learned not to give them my heart. They'll break it everytime. My poor teenage nephew hasn't learned this yet and I feel for him. I used to be there myself but years of Bengaldom has gotten me past it.

And priorities Sea! Hoosier mentioned the car wreck and the daughter passing away! I don't need that to happen to have football in the right order and perspective in my life!

We will always want more even IF this team wins a SB! That's human nature.

I remember seeing an interview that Roy Firestone did with Brady after his 3rd SB. Firestone basically asked him "What next?" What mountain is out there that you haven't climbed yet?"

Brady said something like, "You know I dreamed about being SB champion as a kid, having more money that I could ever spend, a great beautiful wife and a family. I've accomplished all of that, and don't really see any other mountain out there, but you know what? I still feel an emptiness inside of me!"

I know what that emptiness is because I had that same emptiness for 47 years, but that's another story for another forum!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to follow sports like some crazed psycho years ago! Baseball, basketball, football, boxing (heck I used to know all the champions in every weight division)

Ever since the strikes in the 80s......I shut it all down, and became a casual fan again. Just root for and follow the Reds, Bengals, and some college teams that my family is tied to.

What can I do? I can stop supporting the teams by paying to go to the games. I went a Bengals game in Miami a few years back, and went to the Jacksonville game in 2012. Both were gifts for my birthday. I do not attend spring training games even though the Red Sox and Twins spring train here in town, and have attended one Red Sox/Tampa and one Cincinnati/Atlanta game in the last 32 years, both were early birthday gifts as well.

It was a simple honest question. I wasn't suggesting your thoughts would make ANY difference.

I was just curious if you had an opinion.

Me ?? Retired from the Army after 21 years and a trip to Afghanistan.

Married, 2 young boys, a job at the VA Medical Center and go to school full time for my Master's.

All that and I still find time to come here and share opinions.

I know where my priorities fall.

It was a simple honest question. I wasn't suggesting your thoughts would make ANY difference.

I was just curious if you had an opinion.

Me ?? Retired from the Army after 21 years and a trip to Afghanistan.

Married, 2 young boys, a job at the VA Medical Center and go to school full time for my Master's.

All that and I still find time to come here and share opinions.

I know where my priorities fall.

My apologies Army. I thought you were referring to what I thought I could do to change things! My bad. I'm also an old timer at 60 and sometimes have 'senior moments'!

To be honest with, I just don't know enough about what is truly going on behind the scenes. I've never played one snap of organized football, so I've just learned by watching. I know enough just to be dangerous, as the old saying goes!

I think there is credibility, based upon what other teams have done, for Marvin to move on after this upcoming and last year, if there is no progression from one and out.

What I am basing that on, is what other teams in similar situations have done, because I truly don't know enough behind the doors to speculate.

The fact that the Falcons have given Smith and Ryan 4 tries before he won a playoff game, with Marvin's contract ending next year, I can see that Brown should let it play out, as well as Andy's contract as well.

Because they are both ending next year, with nothing else to base it upon, I say one more year, and then the heads will roll.

I'd like to see Zimmer stay because with all the injuries, I still think the top 3rd defense was pretty commendable.

Gruden I would like to see go, and another offensive scheme put into place.

No apologies needed Greg.

I can't say as I know a d*mn thing about what happens behind the scene either, but I enjoy coming here to voice how it appears to me and I enjoy reading how it appears to others. I enjoy all of that with the understanding that not much of anything mentioned here is anything more than opinions and speculation. That's the fun in it for me though and why I keep coming back for more.

I do think Marvin and Dalton coming back for another year is about right.

Mostly because Dalton should get at least one more season and Marvin was given the same opportunity the season after going 4-12.

If most will recall, that was an chance given by Mike Brown to start all over and this is where we are.

2014 = Super Bowl or bust. Anything short of that should result in bigger changes.

Do what they can to bolster things for the 2014 season and hit it hard again.

Maybe there will be a different outcome.

That being said, where does the team go from here ??

Onward and upward. Nothing changed yesterday. It's still borderline amazing that they were even playing last weekend. The defense lost its best player before the season was half done. The secondary had one starter from opening day left yesterday. Through the second half on the year our oline was routinely shuffled like a deck of cards and every lineman was playing on a bad wheel by season' end. We started two rookies on offense and had to throw Dre, who was a rookie in all but name, in on D. We had our third set of starting wideouts in three years. Baby Hawk was out half the season, our punter almost got killed by Pitt thugs and for some reason known only to Marvin and God, Brandon Tate is still returning kicks.

And of course we have the worst QB to ever play the game, and the whole team is a bunch of losers who ought to be renamed the Losernati Losey McLosersteins so they can own losing.

Yet through all that they were still AFC North champs.

Where to? Super Bowl Feb. 2015, where else? :bengal:

That being said, where does the team go from here ??

Onward and upward. Nothing changed yesterday. It's still borderline amazing that they were even playing last weekend. The defense lost its best player before the season was half done. The secondary had one starter from opening day left yesterday. Through the second half on the year our oline was routinely shuffled like a deck of cards and every lineman was playing on a bad wheel by season' end. We started two rookies on offense and had to throw Dre, who was a rookie in all but name, in on D. We had our third set of starting wideouts in three years. Baby Hawk was out half the season, our punter almost got killed by Pitt thugs and for some reason known only to Marvin and God, Brandon Tate is still returning kicks.

And of course we have the worst QB to ever play the game, and the whole team is a bunch of losers who ought to be renamed the Losernati Losey McLosersteins so they can own losing.

Yet through all that they were still AFC North champs.

Where to? Super Bowl Feb. 2015, where else? :bengal:/>

It's true. But its also what faces most teams. Injuries.

I think Cincy got a huge nad kick losing so much on defense but they stepped up quite admirably. I don't see tremendous blame piling up for the losses to Baltimore, Miami and the Steelers due to defense, or the Charger game.

Also, I don't think anyone is saying Dalton is the worst to play the game. He's not, those accolades belongs firmly to contemporaries like Gabbert, Clausen, Wienke, Weeden, Sanchez, Freeman, Ponder, Tebow....its a long list. However, place Dalton on any of those teams and would he perform that much better? maybe slightly. maybe not.

Heck, with this offense, would a guy like Vick deliver more, or simply screw up less. It's a valid question. Vick never had a team like this, WR, TEs, RBs... or a line like this. If healthy, I'd wager the Collins - Whit - Robinson - Zeitler - Fat Andre line is as good as anywhere.

Look, its not the loss yesterday. Its the mistakes, specifically the two INTs. Dalton simply cannot make those throws. one of them is digestable. two, hard to take.