Eifert / Nervous Thread

gregcook68

Game is over and so I'll kick this off with a new thread and try to pick up the pieces, and focus on one possible positive element.

Anyone notice Eifert's production once Gresham went down and they were 'forced' to throw to him??

Maybe, just maybe, (trying to be positive :frustrated:/>/> ) this will open up opportunities to use him more in the remaining games???

Of all the things about Gruden that bothers me the most is when he said, in response to why aren't you going to Eifert more, he said, "We have a lot of talent on this team, and it's my job to try to keep everyone happy!" :blink:/>/>

It's not his JOB to keep everyone happy!!! It's his job to score points and win football games!!!

Yeah, that was a nice play for the touchdown. The minute Tyler moved outside I thought, oh sht they are going to throw it, and to my horror Dalton indeed tosses one of his patented sky balls, but somehow Eifert goes up and grabs it. Great play. Why they have not looked for him more in the red zone I will never understand.

Yeah, that was a nice play for the touchdown. The minute Tyler moved outside I thought, oh sht they are going to throw it, and to my horror Dalton indeed tosses one of his patented sky balls, but somehow Eifert goes up and grabs it. Great play. Why they have not looked for him more in the red zone I will never understand.

He caught couple other passes too in that same time frame Hoosier while Gresham was down, nice catches in one you got a nice gain after he caught it.

Watching that TD to Eifert will make anyone scratch their heads while thinking of why he hasn't been used all that much.

People think Gresham takes too much heat, but I am not one of them. He gets up from making a three yard completion like he won the Super Bowl.

He rarely (despite having the ability) takes the team on his shoulders and makes things happen.

Many think if he doesn't come back that it will change things. I'm just one of those who wouldn't mind seeing how things change.

If it looks more like the TD throw to Eifert, i'm good.

The good news is we have the last 2 at home, where they are 6-0. We are 1 game up. The bad news is, that Dalton really hasn't beaten Baltimore yet. Everything feels worse after a loss, but I don't want to back into the playoffs. Now is the time to get into the playoffs with some momentum. Part of me wants the Pats to win, so we can clinch with a win over Minn. That is a fruity way to look at it though. Our goal should be the #2 seed. Which means Baltimore beats the Pats and ten Cincy finally gets over the hump with a win over Baltimore for all of the marbles. The Bengals knock off the champs for the #2 seed. THAT is a confidence builder.

The good news is we have the last 2 at home, where they are 6-0. We are 1 game up. The bad news is, that Dalton really hasn't beaten Baltimore yet. Everything feels worse after a loss, but I don't want to back into the playoffs. Now is the time to get into the playoffs with some momentum. Part of me wants the Pats to win, so we can clinch with a win over Minn. That is a fruity way to look at it though. Our goal should be the #2 seed. Which means Baltimore beats the Pats and ten Cincy finally gets over the hump with a win over Baltimore for all of the marbles. The Bengals knock off the champs for the #2 seed. THAT is a confidence builder.

Here's the other side of that walzav. With the injuries, I think sealing the division and securing a spot in the playoffs might be the best. That way we 'should' get the first game at home, whether we beat the Ravens or not in the last game.

So having the Pats win and us beating the Vikings, under the injury circumstance, might be better.

However, even if we just had Huber and Newman back, I would say that I would want the Ravens to beat the Pats, we beat Vikings and go into the last game for all the marbles, because we will NEVER be a contender in the future if we can't start at least splitting with the Steelers and Ravens!

Look, while I would love to see the Bengals sitting in the #2 seed, I want NO part of a Ravens team coming into Cincinnati knowing they can win the division and leave the Bengals possibly out of the playoffs completely. I would be more than happy seeing them lose next week to the Pats, have the Bengals wrap up the division after they beat the Vikings, and then see the Ravens needing to get a win just to get into the playoffs. Then have the Bengals hand them a beatdown and send them packing.

#3 seed ?? Yeah, nothing to complain about there given the current situation with injuries.

If we have the defending Super Bowl Champs in our house on the last week of the season to win the AFC North, what better way to put up or shut up. I am firmly in the camp of seeing the Ravens beat the Pats and us beating the Vikes and have one game to decide the division at home...what a great setup.

I mean it is not as if the Ravens are playing great ball, Tucker would have missed that field goal 9 times out of 10.

The team needs to show it has the character to get it done. We lost @Pitt, @ Cle and @Balt. To show the team is different. They have to win last 2. I hate Joe Reedy, but he's correct. When it comes to the National Stage the team just doesn't step up. Thats what the playoffs are all about. Vikings looked amazing last week, and almost beat Balt the week before without AP. 6-0 at home, 6-0 at home, 6-0 at home. etc......

Maybe i'm just being overly concerned, but i'm not as excited about a last week matchup, for all the marbles, as others seem to be.

Honestly, I think we lose.

Sadly I agree, but doesn't that need to change for the team to TRULY become a Championship team? Or is it just important to get to playoffs and then at least you got a punchers chance? On a side note. I think they could do more with Eifert.

The Steelers loss was worse than just a loss. I hate to say it but this team was exposed.

No it wasn't. Seriously, the difference last week was on teams, nothing more. Look at Dalton in the first game against Pitt versus Sunday:

Game 1: 25/45/280/1/0

Game 2: 25/44/230/2/0

Ben?

Game 1: 20/25/191/1/1

Game 2: 20/37/251/1/1

Steelers did run for more yards Sunday but their YPC was nearly identical to the first game.

Bernard in the first game? 13/33 rushing. Sunday? 8/38.

Points scored by the Bengals in both games? 20.

Clean up the crap play on teams and they'll be fine.

Agreed. Eifert brings much more to the table than Gresham. There's going to need to be more wrinkles added to the mix for this team to press forward. The Steelers loss was worse than just a loss. I hate to say it but this team was exposed.

I think thats a bit extreme. Alot of Division Leaders lost Sunday, and Pittsburgh is a proud team. The Bengals were supposed to be the new kids on the block, and the Bengals beat them at home on MNF. In the end. The Bengals lost to a Division rival on the road. Den lost to SD at home, Pats lost to Mia on the road.

The Steelers loss was worse than just a loss. I hate to say it but this team was exposed.

No it wasn't. Seriously, the difference last week was on teams, nothing more. Look at Dalton in the first game against Pitt versus Sunday:

Game 1: 25/45/280/1/0

Game 2: 25/44/230/2/0

Ben?

Game 1: 20/25/191/1/1

Game 2: 20/37/251/1/1

Steelers did run for more yards Sunday but their YPC was nearly identical to the first game.

Bernard in the first game? 13/33 rushing. Sunday? 8/38.

Points scored by the Bengals in both games? 20.

Clean up the crap play on teams and they'll be fine.

I understand stats. I also understand that stats do not always portray an accurate picture of what happened. This team was down 30-7 in the third quarter. They were pushed around on both sides of the ball, the defense was at the mercy of what Pitt dictated, they were squarely punched in the mouth. It was an embarrassing loss. Period. Stats are just window dressing to cover up the ass kicking that took place. My major concern is that line play against Pittsburgh closely relfects that against Baltimore.

They'll win this weekend and if they come home to play the Ravens with the division on the line, I'm giving the edge to the Ravens. The mental aspect of the game is such a HUGE, HUGE, component to the outcome. It cannot be measured by stats. It is observed and then interpreted by the gut. Right now, I'm listening to what my gut is saying. However, all of that can change this weekend.

Good call.

I need to recall my belief that this is how we deal with disappointment as fans.

Sunday night: Anger, uncontrolled blame and outrage towards individuals, refs, etc. "They suck".

Monday: Dispair, disappointment verging on willful acceptance. "It may not be our year".

Tuesday: Diligent analyzing over statistics to point out that things "aren't that bad".

Wednesday: Optimism resurfaces as we are glued to the injury and weather reports. "Our CB is coming back maybe and their WR is out. Maybe we can do this."

Thursday: Increased positive thinking and further analysis of statistics. "One game at a time". "The opponent's road record is horribe".

Friday: Predictions are released on the internet. "See! Pete Prisco thinks what I think! We got this!"

Saturday: Optimism is at it's highest. "I feel good about this. Can't wait for tomorrow."

Sunday: Nervousness takes over. "We better win this ***damn game or it's ALL over!"

Good call.

I need to recall my belief that this is how we deal with disappointment as fans.

Sunday night: Anger, uncontrolled blame and outrage towards individuals, refs, etc. "They suck".

Monday: Dispair, disappointment verging on willful acceptance. "It may not be our year".

Tuesday: Diligent analyzing over statistics to point out that things "aren't that bad".

Wednesday: Optimism resurfaces as we are glued to the injury and weather reports. "Our CB is coming back maybe and their WR is out. Maybe we can do this."

Thursday: Increased positive thinking and further analysis of statistics. "One game at a time". "The opponent's road record is horribe".

Friday: Predictions are released on the internet. "See! Pete Prisco thinks what I think! We got this!"

Saturday: Optimism is at it's highest. "I feel good about this. Can't wait for tomorrow."

Sunday: Nervousness takes over. "We better win this ***damn game or it's ALL over!"

Sadly. This is 100% my process.

Good call.

.......and then there's Sunday night??? :frustrated:/>