Onterrio McCalebb

Sea Ray

On Bengals Line 700 WLW last night they had on the best Bengal CB ever, Ken Riley "the Rattler" and he said that he's been working with practice squad player Onterrio McCalebb and he's been very impressed. He says his speed and agility is excellent. His only reservation is tackling since he hasn't seen much of that in practice. Riley also had to learn CB in the NFL as Paul Brown drafted him out of college as a QB. Riley knows the position better than anyone and it's great to hear such praise from him. I also applaud the Bengals for getting Riley to make McCalebb his pet project. He's a guy to watch at the CB spot next year

Wow, nice to hear that from Ken Riley. He's always been one of my favorite Bengals players all time.

McCalebb certainly couldn't hurt from anyone willing to spend time to help him perfect the CB art.

It being Riley is just a bonus. McCalebb's speed is just ridiculous.

Sort of like the Billy Hamilton of football.

Wow, nice to hear that from Ken Riley. He's always been one of my favorite Bengals players all time.

McCalebb certainly couldn't hurt from anyone willing to spend time to help him perfect the CB art.

It being Riley is just a bonus. McCalebb's speed is just ridiculous.

Sort of like the Billy Hamilton of football.

Yes, Ken Riley was VERY impressed with this kid's speed. Don't think that that trait got by the Rattler

That's great to hear! I don't live in Cincy so I miss these radio tidbits. Thanks, Sea Ray.

Yeah, that's what I figured so I thought I'd best post it. As for his covering Torrey Smith or other guy's #1s, I think his lack of height/size will be an issue but even if he's just a #2 CB or a nickel, he could be quite a find. He's listed as 5'10" 170 lbs

I think his lack of height/size will be an issue but even if he's just a #2 CB or a nickel, he could be quite a find. He's listed as 5'10" 170 lbs

He's doesn't need to be a starter in my book, just a nice contributor to the secondary.

Have him practice returning punts and kickoffs and put that speed to good use.

As for his covering Torrey Smith or other guy's #1s, I think his lack of height/size will be an issue but even if he's just a #2 CB or a nickel, he could be quite a find. He's listed as 5'10" 170 lbs

Torrey Smith is only 6 feet even, and he usually burns us with pure speed

what I'm saying here is.....McCalebb should be able to run with him

As for his covering Torrey Smith or other guy's #1s, I think his lack of height/size will be an issue but even if he's just a #2 CB or a nickel, he could be quite a find. He's listed as 5'10" 170 lbs

Torrey Smith is only 6 feet even, and he usually burns us with pure speed

what I'm saying here is.....McCalebb should be able to run with him

I'm with you there...