Sam Wyche and the no-huddle offense

jjakq27

It's about time Sam Wyche gets the credit he deserves. Too many others (Marv Levy) claim to have invented or get credit for developing the no-huddle offense.

And the West Coast offense was developed by Bill Walsh here in Cincinnati under the guidance of Paul Brown. Ken Anderson was the prototype QB and was Joe Montana before Joe Montana....but I'm not bitter....

wink.gif

http://buckeyextra.d...iana-in-83.html

Oh yeah. Wyche was the Chip Kelly of his day with the attack offense. And did other coaches ever throw fits. It's why I will always consider Marv Levy as the biggest crybaby in football history. He whined so much that the NFL actually changed its rules one frigging hour before the conference championship to make the no huddle illegal if it was to prevent the D from substituting. :rolleyes: That lasted for that game then they changed the rules back for the Super Bowl.

Oh yeah. Wyche was the Chip Kelly of his day with the attack offense. And did other coaches ever throw fits. It's why I will always consider Marv Levy as the biggest crybaby in football history. He whined so much that the NFL actually changed its rules one frigging hour before the conference championship to make the no huddle illegal if it was to prevent the D from substituting. :rolleyes:/> That lasted for that game then they changed the rules back for the Super Bowl.

And then Levy adopted the system and called it his own, a pretty schmucky thing to do.