Late Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

For instance, the LB from aTm? The Texans, per their beat writer, were sick that we got him, they had him targeted six picks later. And that gives me some comfort, as that team drafts defense well.

TJ, don't make me go look up your reaction to the Gino Atkins pick...

Funny thing is, I actually looked it up last week and I don't think there was a single person that had something bad to say.

Then again, many people were trying to figure out who the hell Geno Atkins even was.

Now people want the Bengals to back up the bank truck to his door in order to keep him.

Quite the nice 4th round find for sure !!!

I do get your point, and I had read that about the Texans too

Doesn't change my feeling about that pick or any pick from r3 and onwards

I don't want to argue.....simply stated, the draft was/is very depressing for me, and I hope desperately I am wrong

I liked Geno. Go look it up :-)

Having slept on it, and having done some more research on the picks, I now do like the third round pick

What I basically had read previously that this guy was a physical phenom, a workout warrior if you will, and not really a football player

So his speed/size/strength - those measureables are all good to excellent - albeit there remains some concerns about his flexibility but at late round three no biggie

I have today noted several things

1) leadership - both verbal and by example

2) calls the plays - this is HUGE given how much Rey sucks. Maybe without this responsibility, his play improves.

3) sure tackler

4) much better production than I had originally noted (not sure how I made this mistake, but I did nonetheless)

5) very intelligent

6) very well spoken

Now the whole "called his teammates out" thing - I like that sort of thing if it is kept in-house, but he did it (as I read it) in the media. A true leader keeps that in-house. That said, I am sure he knows better know, given his manifest high intelligence

If they don't retain Crocker on the roster, and if no one else picks him up, I hope they think about bringing him on as a asst defensive backs coach just to transfer what is in his head to this kid. That could be HUGE to this kid's development