Who replaces Zimmer?

walzav29

I'm going to assume two more NFL teams will not be stupid enough to pass up on Zimmer. The question is who comes in? This is a delicate matter because the defense appears to be a tight unit, and I'd imagine there would be alot of "Zim wouldn't do it this way!" if they brough in an outsider. It would have to be from within, but not sure who the best candidate would be.

I'm going to assume two more NFL teams will not be stupid enough to pass up on Zimmer. The question is who comes in? This is a delicate matter because the defense appears to be a tight unit, and I'd imagine there would be alot of "Zim wouldn't do it this way!" if they brough in an outsider. It would have to be from within, but not sure who the best candidate would be.

I completely disagree that it would have to be from within. Get the best man for the job. Period.

[ Get the best man for the job. Period.

Totally agree. However I'd really really like Zimmer to stay as IMO he is the best man for the job.

Lovie Smith ?? A 4-3 defensive minded coach.

He would want to much for the Bengals to pay.

Yeah, that'd be a great hire, but I'm sure he ends up as a head coach somewhere.

Wouldn't suprise me in the least either.

Had the Vikings not won that last game, the Bears would have been in the playoffs and he would still be coach.

Kind of crazy.

I don't think Gruden is going anywhere. I could be wrong, but I don't think it happens.

On the flip side, I would put my money on Zimmer going to the Chargers.

Another team I think he would have success with.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you sir. I don't mean to get all Hannibal Lecter on you but the guy is 40 years old from upstate New York. I don't see him wanting to deal with a strong personality like Zimmer who's older. I don't see Zimmer wanting to listen to some snot nosed punk. Plus his background hasn't ran across Zimmer so he would be more inclined to get someone he's familiar with.

Just theories. Cleveland has me nervous.

I don't think Gruden is going anywhere. I could be wrong, but I don't think it happens.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you sir. I don't mean to get all Hannibal Lecter on you but the guy is 40 years old from upstate New York. I don't see him wanting to deal with a strong personality like Zimmer who's older. I don't see Zimmer wanting to listen to some snot nosed punk. Plus his background hasn't ran across Zimmer so he would be more inclined to get someone he's familiar with.

Wisenhut for second interview in Cleveland

In other news. Gresham makes pro bowl.

Wisenhut for second interview in Cleveland

Zimmer's getting a 2nd interview in Cleveland as well...

Great, another pro bowl for a TE coming time for a new contract.

Shouldn't a two-time pro bowler be more clutch than what we've gotten out of this first round pick ??

Marvin seems to be in love with him though, so I guess there isn't much to say.

Honestly, I really hope each and every week that Gresham will finally put it all together on a consistent basis.

I honestly think he comes across like Buddy Ryan; a hard core guy who makes an excellent coordinator but not such a good head coach. By that same token if Gruden gets a HC job, it'll be because they feel he'll make a better head coach than coordinator

I honestly think he comes across like Buddy Ryan; a hard core guy who makes an excellent coordinator but not such a good head coach. By that same token if Gruden gets a HC job, it'll be because they feel he'll make a better head coach than coordinator

i don't think zim is going anywhere for now.

I feel bad for Zim from the standpoint of his success in the league and think he would be a good head coach.

Another thing working against him is that most of the teams in need of a HC seem to be looking for offensive minded guys.

For obvious selfish reasons, i'm glad he's going to be back minus someone else giving him a look see.

Trestman to da Bears. I join those who think Zim is getting the shaft.

A CFL coach over Zimmer ??

Craziness, but the Bears are one of those teams who were looking for an offensive minded coach.

He's a QB guy and has a history with Cutler. Offensive minded ?? Check.

Zimmer never had a chance getting the Bears job.