Mock Game

wookie

Did anyone get to see the mock game today?

Saw on bengals.com that Palmer and Johnson put on a show for the crowd, and Ratliff showed he has some ability by getting 2 picks. Still nervous about the amount of INTs being thrown by Palmer...hope he puts on a better show in Preseason.

Yes, once again a little nervous about Palmer. I guess its better that he learns now instead of having a perfect camp and learning the hard way of the NFL when the games count. I figure he has 4 preseason games to get adjusted and then its time for us to stop making excuses for him. By the way, did A Ross really sign with the Steelers and does anybody know where its says that??? WHO DEY

Yes, once again a little nervous about Palmer. I guess its better that he learns now instead of having a perfect camp and learning the hard way of the NFL when the games count. I figure he has 4 preseason games to get adjusted and then its time for us to stop making excuses for him. By the way, did A Ross really sign with the Steelers and does anybody know where its says that??? WHO DEY

He did sign with the Steelers, it is on the Bengals web site.

That Sucks btw....

Hey, look at it this way.........if you don't make mistakes you can't learn. He's still got 4 preseason games to get the wrinkles out and in my honest opinion....he will. I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised by the numbers the kid's gonna put up this year. I truly believe they've hit the lottery on this one. I think he'll be one of the 10 best QB's in the league in his 1st year. He's got a huge advantage over pretty much any young QB I can think of. Think about it......his skill position players and his o-line are among the best in the NFL. He has a great coaching staff and plus, and most importantly.....he works his @ss off. I have little doubt that he's definetly gonna be the best QB in franchise history. In other words.....he's gonna be Super Bowl calibur.

Just my opinion.

Went to the Mock Game on Saturday and noticed that Kitna looks very sharp IMO he can step in if needed and will not take to much ramp up time. palmer's mistakes look to be mental. The mock game is not very usefull in determining how hard or smart a player will perform durring the real game, still had a great time it's fun to be in a stadium when everyone there is interested in the same outcome.

I won't miss Ross.

Have to agree. He ( like most all of the other x's ) never did live up to his potential or billing.

Conversely, that's one of the reasons that I'm optimistic about Palmer. Coach Lewis said Palmer would play when he was the best qb on the team. To me it's the proof of the statement. You produce ..... you play ? start. You don't produce .... and you sit until I can get rid of you.

Well ... you see the other ones going and Palmer starting, so draw your own conclusions.

Another worry that I didn't think we'd have...I was looking through the stats for the mock game and noticed a couple of fumbled snaps by Palmer. 1 was in the endzone, hopefully this will not continue. I really do not want to see Palmer become a turnover machine.

Wookie -- wouldn't worry too much about fumbled snaps, etc. That's certainly something I would expect from Palmer at this point. The int's are, of course, a concern, but it all depends on how he's getting them. One of them in the scrimmage was fumbled snap, roll-out, tried to hit his receiver on the sideline and picked. That's one of those trying to make a play things that doesn't concern me too much. The ones that I worry about are misreading the route or panicking under a blitz.

Wookie -- wouldn't worry too much about fumbled snaps, etc. That's certainly something I would expect from Palmer at this point. The int's are, of course, a concern, but it all depends on how he's getting them. One of them in the scrimmage was fumbled snap, roll-out, tried to hit his receiver on the sideline and picked. That's one of those trying to make a play things that doesn't concern me too much. The ones that I worry about are misreading the route or panicking under a blitz.

Good to know, I guess what I was looking for was for Palmer to past some of those things. Yes he's still basically a rookie having no NFL snaps under his belt, but he is familiar with his center and you'd like to see him be able to get out from under center before having to worry about making a mistake. I'm sure it'll happen in the preseason and regular season as well, it happens to other QBs and Palmer is not exempt...I just wish he was.