Tailgating

whodey26

Ok guys, I was born and raised in Cincy and now live in Atlanta. I am going back up to the Queen City to see the game on 11/25 between the Raiders and the Bengals. I haven't been to a game in forever and have no idea about tailgating. Seeing as how this is the first live Bengals game in forever that I will see, and after making the 9 hour dive from Atlanta, I want to make this weekend count. Can you give me some ideas about good places to tailgate? Maybe popular spots or places outside the stadium that a lot of people frequent and would be fun? I will have my cousin and a friend with me also that live in Cincy. Any help is appriciated!!

Adam

I've never taken a vehicle to a game but there's plenty of tailgating fun to be had in the car parks on the south-eastern (between PBS and Roebling bridge) and the south sides(between PBS and the Ohio River) of the stadium, not sure what "zones" these parking lots would be categorised as but no doubt some veteran tailgater or Cincy local will be able to shout it out.

Enjoy the game - the Raiders game was my No.1 choice this season ..........if the flights would have been at a sensible price!!!:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Ok guys, I was born and raised in Cincy and now live in Atlanta. I am going back up to the Queen City to see the game on 11/25 between the Raiders and the Bengals. I haven't been to a game in forever and have no idea about tailgating. Seeing as how this is the first live Bengals game in forever that I will see, and after making the 9 hour dive from Atlanta, I want to make this weekend count. Can you give me some ideas about good places to tailgate? Maybe popular spots or places outside the stadium that a lot of people frequent and would be fun? I will have my cousin and a friend with me also that live in Cincy. Any help is appriciated!!

Adam

You're in for a treat as far as the downtown area goes as it's really come a long way in the last year. There are quite a few hot spots in the banks area between PBS and the Reds stadium. The Vine St area in Over the Rhine has some eclectic spots too if you're into that sort of thing. Downtown is now hoppin' every weekend regardless of whether the Reds are in town

Longworth's is mMY spot. They always have something going on (promotions, bands, dj's, etc.) and if the Bengals are winning it's one of the best places to pre-party.

If the season isn't going well at that time, check out some of the new developement like someone posted above.