who would you rather have? Part 1

Chad Johnson, Peter Warrick, and Kelley Washington

or

Bryant Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Larry Fitzgerald?

I just thought this would be a good question. I would still choose Chad, Peter, and Kelley, but the other choice is pretty solid.

Give me your thoughts.

BN1281

I guess the best way to answer would be to " pin them against each other "..

Battle One -

Chad Johnson vs Larry Fitzgerald - edge Chad in a landslide - Better speed, and of course the overall going into his 4th season thing. Plus Palmer has a better arm!

Battle Two - Peter Warrick vs. Anquan Boldin - typical since they both played at Florida St. Edge, Boldin, Probably not as quick but definitely stronger. Both have average Speed, and Warrick is a return threat, but edge goes to Boldin because he dominated when given the chance to be the " MAN " and we're still waiting for P-dub's first 1000 yard season.

Battle Three - Kelley Washington vs. Bryant Johnson - um... Serious Edge to Washington . - Out of college Washington was being compared to another Randy Moss in physical ability and production. His only knock was his injured neck and baseball career. Johnson was compared to Todd Pinkston only heavier... OK :lol:

-Washington displayed great skills in his rookie season while it was widely considered a " bad " reach for Bryant Johnson that early in the 2003 draft !

Ok So I'll take Cincy's trio even with a hurt P-dub over Arizona's triplets ! :player:

Chad Johnson, Peter Warrick, and Kelley Washington

or

Bryant Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Larry Fitzgerald?

I just thought this would be a good question. I would still choose Chad, Peter, and Kelley, but the other choice is pretty solid.

Give me your thoughts.

BN1281

the bengals, more experience, i feel very strongly that chad will become a top 3 receiver sooner rather than later. kelley washington has the lookings of a stud too, with that TO like size and reports saying that he'll push warrick for #2 can only mean that he's shown up playing well in camp. I think three receiver sets with chad, warrick, and kelley are looking pretty scary for opposing defenses, especially if perry shows he can catch out of the backfield. even if he doesn't pan out, they can really stretch out the defense for running on 3 wr sets or draw plays. I think carson might have a marc bulger like season, having the same amount of ints as tds, but still producing a lot of yards and points.

That's a good question.

Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin is pretty much a wash.

Kelly Washington/Bryant Johnson favors the Bengals.

And you really can't determine the Fitzgerald/Warrick comparision yet, since Fitzgerald hasn't played yet. But if he lives up to his billing, he'd obviously be better than Warrick.

So, if Fitzgerald lives up to his potential, I'd take the Cards. But until he does, I'm taking the Bengals.

Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin is pretty much a wash.

:huh:

Johnson and Boldin a wash?? Hardly. Boldin had an outstanding rookie season and was really the only reliable target for the Cards to go to, but he can't match up to Johnson. I'd say he tops Washington and P-dub, but it comes down to each team having 2 really solid WR's and a question mark. Right now, with the experience of the Bengals WRs I'd had to go with our 3.

As for a dream team 3 wideout set..I'd go with Johnson, Moss, maybe Rice from 5 years ago, but now I'd rather have an Eric Moulds or Marvin Harrison lined up next to them. Same playbook.

From TheFootballGuys.com ....

Cincinnati Bengals Team Report

Offense by Chris Smith; Defense by Aaron Rudnicki

Starting Receivers:

The Bengals are set at receiver and have one of the better trios in the league.

Chad Johnson always talks about being the best.

He comes off cocky and yet works very hard to back up his words on game day.

As a result, he has improved as a receiver in each of his three NFL seasons...

Culminating in his 90-reception, 1355 yards and 10-touchdown performance last season.

He has great hands and is a threat to score from anywhere on the field at any time.

He had five 100-yard receiving games in 2003.

His best attributes include great speed, good route running and a fierce desire to be the best in the business.

It is that drive to succeed that will keep him playing at a high level no matter who is starting quarterback is.

Peter Warrick was considered a major disappointment heading into last season.

Drafted fourth overall in the 2000 NFL Draft, he had three sub par seasons that had folks calling him one of the busts of that draft.

However he found his game towards the end of the 2002 season and has not looked back.

Last year, Warrick caught 79 passes, rushed for 157 yards and scored 7 touchdowns.

He has become a dependable target underneath coverage and his quickness makes him tough to stop once the ball is in his hands.

He has grown into his role as the #2 receiver for this team.

Kelley Washington is a freak of nature.

He reminds me a lot of Terrell Owens when he first arrived to the NFL.

If it weren't for his injury problems at the University of Tennessee, he likely would have been an early 1st round selection.

His broad spectrum of injury concerns caused his fall to the first pick of the third round where the Bengals shrewdly scooped him up.

He had a decent rookie campaign stepping in as a third receiver with 22 receptions and 4 touchdown grabs.

If he can stay healthy, he will be almost impossible to cover, as he will consistently match up with a nickel back or a safety. He could really develop into a nice option for Carson Palmer in 2004.

I'll take The Bengals trio.....

Johnson > Bolden but not by much, bolden is a awesome receiver and i saw that when we played them in arizona last year.

Fitzgerald > Warrick this will happen, warrick will avg about 900-1100 yrds here on out in his career while fitz will prolly get 1300+ a few times

Washington > Johnson neither are a #1 on a team but with the top 2 on their team spots taken, wash fits in to 3 receiver sets better.

Edge bengals.