Reds vs. Pirates

ArmyBengal

No rest, as they start a 3 game series at the Pirates this afternoon.

GO REDS and Happy Memorial Day everyone !!!

Afternoon for you. Morning for me which is cool. We're doing a luncheon at the American Legion this afternoon. There is a couple WWII vets still hanging in there. The Navajo code talker is the coolest dude you'd ever want to meet.

Now GO REDS!!

Bailey has had an incredible game too. I'm so glad the Reds stuck with him after his bad spring.

Maybe Homer just needed a little warm up. Good to see the Reds winning big tonight. Especially with the Cards losing against Atlanta.

I'm also happy for Bailey. As I was watching him throw last night, I couldn't help but think that maybe he's just one of those guys that, while he has tons of talent, just hasn't grown into what he is capable of actually doing.

I mean, he was young and still growing in more ways than one. Maybe he's just finally figuring out how things are going to work for him from a physical standpoint. I don't know if that's exactly how I wanted to say that, but that's my tired standpoint this morning.

Now, lets get the series win tonight !!!

Bailey matches up very vs the Pirates especially in PNC Park. There were a lot of balls hit hard. I'm still concerned that a lot of his pitches lack movement, especially his off speed stuff. He's probably reached the point where he's a good 4th or 5th starter and it was sure nice to give the bullpen a night off. I'll take it

It's games like this one that illuminate our weaknesses. We're too right handed and lack punch on the bench. It sure would have been nice to send up a LH pinch hitter to neutralize those curveballs in the 9th. We need a LF and a LH bat off the bench, ala Michael Tucker . We don't need major parts and this sort of roster tinkering should be very doable for Walt