2013 Draft

As much as I love the draft, it's a bit to early for me to be thinking about next year.

Once the college season gets closer, I will look a little harder.

I can say the Bengals have to figure out what they are going to do at the DE spot at some point or another.

Dunlap and MJ are both free agents after this year and a bunch of one year question marks.

I don't usually start thinking about the 2013 draft until late October once we've had a chance to see a meaningful portion of the college football season play out.

But if you're really dying to read up about next year... Matt Miller released his 2013 Big Board a few minutes after the 2012 draft ended.

Things typically change a lot as can be seen from his Early Rankings from a year ago.

Way too early to get into the weeds of evaluating prospects. That said, as far as the bengals are concerned, all their starting LBs are scheduled to be FAs in 2013. Obviously some could be re-signed, but you have to figure LB will be on the radar next April.

Offensive tackle could be as well, depending on how things go with Smith and Collins.

They could certainly be in the market for an RB next year, too.

They should be extending Dunlap NOW

and Geno......probably even Geno ahead of Dunlap, since Geno's been more durable

Both certainly ought to be at the top of the list. They may get something done in the next couple months. Marvin said something a couple weeks back about working out some extensions.

If nothing gets done this year, that would be...irritating.

They should be extending Dunlap NOW

and Geno......probably even Geno ahead of Dunlap, since Geno's been more durable

and I mean right this instant

Should

But aren't

Stupid SoaG

I agree that this is what they should be doing. And I think they will be doing just that.

Andrew Whitworth signed his fat extension last year on August 31st last year.

Leon Hall signed his fat extension last year on September 2nd lat year.

Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap will get theirs. It doesn't have to happen at the end of April. It counts just the same if it happens at the end ofAugust.

As much as I love the draft, it's a bit to early for me to be thinking about next year.

I can say the Bengals have to figure out what they are going to do at the DE spot at some point or another.

Dunlap and MJ are both free agents after this year and a bunch of one year question marks.

Dunlap signed a four yr deal in 2010. What makes you think he's a FA after this year?

/>http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5707/carlos-dunlap

Dunlap signed a four yr deal in 2010. What makes you think he's a FA after this year?

Probably because I meant Geathers.

Thanks for the catch. :sure:

That's cool but you don't care if Geathers is re-signed do you?

That's cool but you don't care if Geathers is re-signed do you?

If they feel Geathers presents the best option, then I don't care, but I would prefer it in a backup role to Dunlap if he comes back as strong as they all seem to think he will. Geathers best days as a pass rusher were on 3rd downs, so maybe that would be the best for both. Get a more productive Dunlap in there to start and bring Geathers in later. If they don't feel he's an option going forward, I fully expect one of our first 3 picks in the first 2 rounds of the 2013 draft to be used on a DE.

Since the only DE's that will be under contract after this season will be Dunlap and Jamaal Anderson, DE HAS to be a Priority, even if they end up re-signing Michael Johnson (they WONT bring back Geathers).

I will have to wait to see who the best DE's are this season, because in college, you can be great one year, then nothing the next.

I believe in Taylor Mays, & want him to succeed, but if he doesn't, all they have to do is go back to USC to select TJ McDonald (son of 6-time Pro Bowl Saftey Tim McDonald)

As for RB.............I'd back up the Brinks truck right to Jonathan Stewart's front door......dare to dream.....