Ravens lose a corner for the year

kevnz

Bad news for the ravens

Jul 29, 5:24 PM (ET)

WESTMINSTER, Md. (AP) - Veteran cornerback Dale Carter, expectded to be Baltimore's nickel back this season, is out for the year with a blood clot in his lung.

"It's quite serious, very serious to the degree that it was life-threatening. He is on blood thinners and will be for six months," coach Brian Billick said. "That will preclude him from playing this year."

The 34-year-old Carter said he felt pain in his side while working out at home and finally went to the emergency room where they told him he had blood clots.

"The doctors told me I was the luckiest person in the world right now," Carter said. "I thank God I'm here today."

Carter played with Kansas City (1992-98), Denver (1999-2000), Minnesota (2001) and New Orleans (2002-03). A four-time Pro Bowler, he also has been suspended twice for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

He was expected to be the Ravens' nickel defensive back this year. With his absence, the team becomes thinner at the cornerback position behind starters Gary Baxter and Chris McAlister.

Hate to see anybody go through something like that.

Bad news for the ravens
Jul 29, 5:24 PM (ET)

WESTMINSTER, Md. (AP) - Veteran cornerback Dale Carter, expectded to be Baltimore's nickel back this season, is out for the year with a blood clot in his lung.

"It's quite serious, very serious to the degree that it was life-threatening. He is on blood thinners and will be for six months," coach Brian Billick said. "That will preclude him from playing this year."

The 34-year-old Carter said he felt pain in his side while working out at home and finally went to the emergency room where they told him he had blood clots.

"The doctors told me I was the luckiest person in the world right now," Carter said. "I thank God I'm here today."

Carter played with Kansas City (1992-98), Denver (1999-2000), Minnesota (2001) and New Orleans (2002-03). A four-time Pro Bowler, he also has been suspended twice for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

He was expected to be the Ravens' nickel defensive back this year. With his absence, the team becomes thinner at the cornerback position behind starters Gary Baxter and Chris McAlister.

Hate to see anybody go through something like that.

I hate to always be the prick here--but the Ravens got off lucky. Dale Carter is a royal pain in the ass. He's a definite lockerroom plague.

First, how in the hell do you claim bankrupcy when you had a past contract for $25 million???

Second, the New Orleans Saints had to sign a relative of Dale Carter's just to have Dale under control!!! WTF??? A babysitter??? I realize the guy is talented, but just let something like this GO!!! This was one of the many reasons why the Saints GM Mueller was let go--because he was signing multiple guys of this kind of character.

The guy's a noted loser.

Although, I hate to hear about s**t like this though. It's very sad that a guy of Dale Carter's talents ends his career like this. Early in his career, Dale Carter was a SHUTDOWN Corner like Chris McCallister. He was underrated too. He went to numerous Pro Bowls.

The blood clot in the lung just adds to his woes. Very sad. :(

I hate to always be the prick here

I'm calling bull-poopy on this statement! I know you too well Barb, and although you may not be anything close to malicious in this particular post, you love to be the one who stirs the pot! ^_^

Being nice is not your nature...DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! I've given you an official moderator admonishment, and your warning level will reflect this! :lol: