Larry Fitzgerald Gets Paid

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6880867/arizona-cardinals-re-sign-larry-fitzgerald-eight-years-120-million

8 years, $120m, $50m guaranteed, makes about $75m in the first 4 years per schefter.

Wow.

Mike Brown's head just did this:

:blowup2:

That was big news out here in Arizona, and nary a person has a problem with it. Fitzgerald is probably worth every dime.

It's amazing how not having to pay rookies 50 million guaranteed before they take a snap, will allow teams to take care of guys that actually deserve that money. I have absolutely zero issue with them paying him that kind of coin. Better him than some rookie. I think it will allow teams to hold onto players for longer periods of time. It's not like he hasn't earned a payday or anything either.

It's amazing how not having to pay rookies 50 million guaranteed before they take a snap, will allow teams to take care of guys that actually deserve that money. I have absolutely zero issue with them paying him that kind of coin. Better him than some rookie. I think it will allow teams to hold onto players for longer periods of time. It's not like he hasn't earned a payday or anything either.

Great Point and I feel the exact same way.

Add another big bucks extension to the pile: Browns give OT Joe Thomas a 7-year, $84 million deal with $44 million guaranteed.

paging Andrew Whitworth...

That's one of the most ridiculous contracts I've seen....Cleveland just F**ked the NFL by bumping up the price for OT's to $12 million per.....Sh*t like 2 years ago the Top Tackles made like $7 million.....WTF?

Cleveland is F**KING STUPID, because they just commited 10% of their payroll to 1 Offensive Lineman....LMFAO,...no matter how good a Tackle is, you just don't spend 10% of your payroll one 1 offensive lineman, as 1 offensive lineman will not take you to the next level without MANY other players (QB, RB, WR, other O-Linemen, Defense, Etc.)

I really don't have much of an issue with Thomas either. Yeah, 12 million is steep, but we aren't talking about your run of the mill OT here either. Thomas has made the pro bowl like every year since being drafted and is well on his way to becoming one of the best OT's of all time if he continues that way. The price was bound to go up, just like it has for WR's, sooner or later. At least the price didn't go up to 12 million per season on some hack OT, further driving the price up on quality players.

Whitworth, for as much as I like him and want him to stay, isn't going to get 12 million per year from the Bengals.

Yeah, Cleveland sucks. Anyone catch Walker on ESPN saying they could be a sleeper ??

F*CKING COMICAL !!! Yeah, about as much of a chance as the Bengals being a sleeper. ZERO.

And add Lawrence Timmons in. Steelers made him one of their highest-paid players ever at $50 million total over six years with $18 million in bonuses. Between this deal and the new one they gave Woodley, Pitt has handed out $111.5 million in new contract to LBs this year.

I'm just thinking that Mike Brown has to actually be LOVING the rookie wage scale. I don't think his head is blowing up at all.

I think he's happy he doesn't have to pay some rookie 50 million guaranteed only to have him bust, cost the team for years, and leave him unable to sign real players.

I think Mike Brown will be more than happy to pay one of the guys who has been loyal to him knowing well and good he will get his money's worth.

Whitworth immediately comes to mind.