Will the NFL expand Internationally?

Scout200

No offense to our members across the pond, but I don't want to see an NFL team overseas.

I think the fans of the teams here miss out and you know the jetlag has to kill the players.

Many people think it's a done deal, I just would rather it stay the way it is.

Very true! IMO, I'm pretty split on the idea.

As you know, there are only 16 games during a 17 week season. Typically, a team plays 2 home games in the pre-season, and 8 home games in the regular season. It's nothing like the NBA where 82 games are played by each team and half of those are home games. Taking away one home game from fans is a big deal. Yet, many believe that giving the brand an international presence will actually help provide a better experience for the fans and help local economies in the long run.

No offense to our members across the pond, but I don't want to see an NFL team overseas.

I think the fans of the teams here miss out and you know the jetlag has to kill the players.

Many people think it's a done deal, I just would rather it stay the way it is.

what was wrong with nfl Europe anyways ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

well I am from over the pond and a NFL franchise in the UK would be a bomb. They tried it with the world league and that failed I certainly wouldnt change my alligence to a UK team as I'm a bengals fan and thats the way I stay.

The limit should be 2 games overseas and 2 preseason games with an 18 game season and the teams that travel get a bye week afterwards. That is as far as the NFL should go IMO