Reality TV, just when you think

Even as open minded as I am...this is just in bad taste, not to mention being outright wrong! :wacko: I don't even want to contemplate what could be next!

UK-- Television producers were criticised yesterday over reports that they are developing a reality show in which men would compete for a chance to father a child and then take part in an on-air "sperm race".

In the show, which has been mooted by the company that makes Channel 4's Big Brother, up to 1,000 men would attempt to convince a woman to pick them as the father of her first child by impressing her with their intelligence, sex appeal and fitness.

A second sperm donor would be chosen on the basis of genetic compatibility, and the two finalists would then take part in the sperm race in which the insemination process could be filmed using new technology.

Brighter Pictures, a subsidiary of Endemol, is considering making the programme, provisionally called Make Me a Mum. An Endemol spokesman said details about the show's contents were speculative.

Life, an anti-abortion campaign group, said the show "sounds like prostitution".

A spokesman said: "It's absolutely despicable. It's exploitation with no consideration for the child that may or may not be created. If the child learns that he or she was fathered, not out of love, but for the purposes of a TV programme, that's extremely psychologically damaging."

Remy Blumenfeld, Brighter's creative director, told Broadcast magazine: "There's a tremendous amount of science to this show. It's completely fascinating. It's much more about the rule of science than the rules of attraction."

Brighter Pictures attracted controversy with a previous show, for Sky One, called There's Something About Miriam in which a group of men competed for the affections of a woman, only to discover she was a transsexual.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok .... now I'm a little confused. If done the old fashioned way, I would assume that the first guy .... in there is going to have a big advantage. His little squigglies are going to be well on the way while the other guy is still in ... the batters box ... so to speak.

Of course the new and fair way would be to introduce them at the same time so that everybody ..... gets off .... ( sometimes I just crack me up ) at the same time.

BUT

Then you have the problem of telling who's whose ?????? Since it's a race ... will they wear little numbers ?? Or team names maybe ?????

This whole thing is just way too funny.

You're making this up Bill... you have to be.  :lol:  :lol:

Josh,

This is so whack, NOBODY could make this up...including me!! Go to UK Reality TV News and see for yourself!

:lol:

Are they going to have Cheerleaders ???? and play by play.

How about slo mo replays ................. God I can't wait for the Madden version to ( ahem .. come ... out. :lol: