Volquez To Get Game #1 Start

ArmyBengal

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101002&content_id=15342874&vkey=news_cin&c_id=cin&partnerId=rss_cin

Surprise, surprise, surprise. I was thinking Arroyo would have gotten the start for the opener.

Here's to hoping we see the dominant version of Volquez and not the "I want to give up 6 runs in two innings" Volquez !!!

It's a bit risky, but I do like it. Against Halladay or Lincecum, I fear even a great game from Arroyo would equate to a close loss. Volquez is capable of pitching at that level, even if he is also capable of pitching an awful game.

I wonder whether Cueto will even get a start then. Arroyo certainly will, and can the Reds really justify putting Cueto in there considering his recent struggles when both Wood and Bailey have been excellent lately?

I know Harang left the last game in the 3rd inning with a blister on his finger and the thought was that it was his last time pitching for the Reds. Not to beat a man when he's down, but I'm glad for that. I can recognize what Aaron did for the Reds when he was an All Star pitcher and thank him greatly for his time, but he simply isn't that guy anymore and the Reds have to move on.

The Reds have a 2 million buy out as opposed to paying him a contract of 12.75 million next year. I see Harang going to another ballpark and getting another chance to find himself, but he's run out of time to do that with the Reds and we have to many other players needing to get paid before Harang would even be a thought in that regard.

Thanks and buh bye Harang...

The roster per Fay: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-or-francisco/

The pitchers: Edinson Volquez, Bronson Arroyo, Johnny Cueto, Francisco Cordero, Arthur Rhodes, Nick Masset, Aroldis Chapman, Logan Ondrusek, Bill Bray, Homer Bailey and Travis Wood.

The positions player: Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, Orlando Cabrera, Scott Rolen, Jay Bruce, Drew Stubbs, Jonny Gomes, Ramon Hernandez, Ryan Hanigan, Chris Heisey, Laynce Nix, Miguel Cairo, Paul Janish and Edmonds or Francisco.

Last spot goes to Edmonds or Francisco. Will wait to see if Edmonds can go tomorrow morning. Looks like Nix will start on Friday.

Here's to hoping we see the dominant version of Volquez and not the "I want to give up 6 runs in two innings" Volquez !!!

Ok, so it was 4 runs in two innings, not 6...

F*CK !!!

I would not, in the slightest, be suprised if the Reds trade either Cueto or Volquez in the offseason to get a 3rd baseman or OF help.

Wood

Arroyo

Leake

Chapman

Volquez/Cueto