Palmer in the no-huddle vs. ball control offense

cincyhokie

I think the Bengals had to pass the ball against the Browns because the Browns are a much better team. And the reason they're better isn't because they're more talented because they clearly aren't. The Bengals probably waste more talent than Cleveland has on it's roster. But Cleveland's coaching staff proved they understand the importance of the running game, controlling the clock, and being more physical, and history teaches us that the team that does those things best almost always wins. So despite being a winless team Cleveland was obviously better than us. And everyone knows when the other guy is better you've got to throw the ball. What some of us don't seem to realize is when the passing game can't score you've got to adjust by throwing it even more. Besides, I started Carson Palmer on my fantasy team last week, and I'm pretty happy with how things turned out.

It's funny how I agree with much of the above, but still can't agree with the remarkably silly conclusion Hokie makes. But I remind myself that if everyone agreed with each other the world would indeed be a very boring place.

Have a nice weekend, Hokie. :lmao:

Unless I missed something, I didn't write that. I would never draft Palmer on my fantasy team. Never.

You have a good weekend too, man! Let's get a win tomorrow.

Where did you get that quote, Hair?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get it from anywhere. Instead, I wrote it myself using exactly the same methods that Hokie used in post #147 to make it appear I had written something I hadn't.

You guys really don't get it, do you?

When it comes to swappping I do only what you do first.

Gently mock my opinions and I'll gently mock yours. Toss a biting insult my way and you'll get two biting insults thrown back in your face. Accuse me of being too stoned to see what's happening right infront of YOUR face and there's every reason to assume you'll quickly find yourself drying out in rehab. And yeah, if you tweak the quote box and make it appear I wrote something I hadn't then it's a very good bet I'll respond in kind.

It's not hard to figure out.

I do what you do.

And the reason I always respond in kind is to make certain that each of you gets exactly what you deserve.

And you do.

I didn't get it from anywhere. Instead, I wrote it myself using exactly the same methods that Hokie used in post #147 to make it appear I had written something I hadn't.

You guys really don't get it, do you?

When it comes to swappping I do only what you do first.

Gently mock my opinions and I'll gently mock yours. Toss a biting insult my way and you'll get two biting insults thrown back in your face. Accuse me of being too stoned to see what's happening right infront of YOUR face and there's every reason to assume you'll quickly find yourself drying out in rehab. And yeah, if you tweak the quote box and make it appear I wrote something I hadn't then it's a very good bet I'll respond in kind.

It's not hard to figure out.

I do what you do.

And the reason I always respond in kind is to make certain that each of you gets exactly what you deserve.

And you do.

That was awesome. I had this vision of some angry guy pumping his fist while saying that to Metallica's "Master of Puppets." Gave me goosebumps.

I skimmed through 8 pages to see if anyone found any stats on no-huddle vs. huddle because I am interested to see the difference too. Alas, naught was posted.

My $0.02: I couldn't care less (got it right this time Fat) whether they run the ball more or pass more or run the no-huddle or huddle or run the pistol offense. They need to 1)run a play that exposes the defense's weakness, 2)execute the play competently, 3)get first downs and 4)score more TDs.

I have zero confidence in Brat's playcalling. I think he selects plays like I do in Madden, "page rightrightrightrightswitchformationrightrightright, s**t clock is running out, ok, reverse it is! That will trick them because they have had great backside containment all game." I don't think the coaches are capable of preparing the team to execute a play competently, in fact, the evidence demonstrates that this coaching staff actually takes players who were very good in college and makes them worse. Their failings in 1 and 2 prevent 3 and 4.

I skimmed through 8 pages to see if anyone found any stats on no-huddle vs. huddle because I am interested to see the difference too. Alas, naught was posted.

My $0.02: I couldn't care less (got it right this time Fat) whether they run the ball more or pass more or run the no-huddle or huddle or run the pistol offense. They need to 1)run a play that exposes the defense's weakness, 2)execute the play competently, 3)get first downs and 4)score more TDs.

I have zero confidence in Brat's playcalling. I think he selects plays like I do in Madden, "page rightrightrightrightswitchformationrightrightright, s**t clock is running out, ok, reverse it is! That will trick them because they have had great backside containment all game." I don't think the coaches are capable of preparing the team to execute a play competently, in fact, the evidence demonstrates that this coaching staff actually takes players who were very good in college and makes them worse. Their failings in 1 and 2 prevent 3 and 4.

lol - You have to get that saying right or else you will be called on it then there will be a long discussion on caring less which i couldn't care less about.

Im just surprised Brat hasn't been called out more for his play calls. Not by us fans, but by media types. He has to be one of the longest tenure coaches while producing less and less.

If he ever gets fired here, I would be very very surprised another NFL team picks him up. But hey, the Cardinals picked up Derrick Anderson and thought he would be good.

IMO- our run offense has sucked this year - I guess it only works when you put 6 offensive lineman up there and completely abandon the pass. I wonder how other teams can succeed with only 5 oline.

lol - You have to get that saying right or else you will be called on it then there will be a long discussion on caring less which i couldn't care less about.

Im just surprised Brat hasn't been called out more for his play calls. Not by us fans, but by media types. He has to be one of the longest tenure coaches while producing less and less.

If he ever gets fired here, I would be very very surprised another NFL team picks him up. But hey, the Cardinals picked up Derrick Anderson and thought he would be good.

IMO- our run offense has sucked this year - I guess it only works when you put 6 offensive lineman up there and completely abandon the pass. I wonder how other teams can succeed with only 5 oline.

Part of Brat's "playcalling" is how he uses the no-huddle and when. It would make sense that Palmer is calling the plays in the no-huddle, but I could be wrong.

And if the Bengals are moving the ball both passing and running in the no-huddle, and yet Brat refuses to use it when they may need it, then it is a problem. For example, no-huddle all the way down the field in the 4th quarter against the Browns. Their defense was on it's heels. We get to the 20 yard line....and promptly stop running it. The Browns substitute, get a chance to breathe. We pass on 1st and 10, get sacked and the rest is history.

Part of Brat's "playcalling" is how he uses the no-huddle and when. It would make sense that Palmer is calling the plays in the no-huddle, but I could be wrong.

And if the Bengals are moving the ball both passing and running in the no-huddle, and yet Brat refuses to use it when they may need it, then it is a problem. For example, no-huddle all the way down the field in the 4th quarter against the Browns. Their defense was on it's heels. We get to the 20 yard line....and promptly stop running it. The Browns substitute, get a chance to breathe. We pass on 1st and 10, get sacked and the rest is history.

Indeed. yet another example of Brat's incompetence. His inability to evaluate the situation as it is happening, hell, his inability to evaluate anything, and keep his high-paying job makes me think that being a bengals coach is like having a government job...in France.

Buffalo would probably snatch Brat up in a heartbeat only to doom themselves to 5+ more years of irrelevance.