Reds get.....

semiotter

Well the Reds make a move and get veteran outfielder Jim Edmonds for Chris Dickerson. Its not the move I would of guessed but this is one of Waltts old players from back in the Cardinal days. He could help the Reds some. When the Reds played the Brewers this year he looked pretty good. So what do you guys think about this move? Giving up a younger player for this Vet? Dickerson was hurt alot so cool if they think its a good move then im ok with it.

Kind of surprising to me, but Dickerson has always been hurt. He has the potential to be a solid guy in the outfield, but he simply never was able to stay healthy enough to develop. Edmonds has been having a solid season to this point, is a Jocketty guy, and isn't broke at this moment in time. With the slumping hitters we've had in the outfield, it brings a little more to the lineup in that regard.

Yeah, I won't really complain either...

The team really seemed to take off in the spring when Dickerson got hurt. He's an average player at best. Hopefully Edmonds can work with Bruce, Heisey and Stubbs for the next two months and help their mental approach, etc. If he does well, I could see a case from bringing him back next year. He appears to be in good shape, is still hitting well and is a gamer.

Initially I wasn't very enthused about the signing of Edmonds. I felt he was just another old, worn out player, but I was wrong. Horribly so. This dude still has game and brings some much needed veteran experience to this club. Watching the game recap on Sports Center I saw a leader, someone who can help the younger guys. A player/coach if you will.

Bottom line is that was a great move by the Cincinnati Reds front office.