Reds vs. Nationals

ArmyBengal

Ok, we start a 4 game series with the Nationals tomorrow and Cueto takes the mound to get things going.

The game that should really be fun to watch will be Wednesday when Arroyo and Strasberg go head to head.

The plus to the Wednesday game you ask ?? It's televised on ESPN for everyone to watch !!!

The Cardinals also start a 4 game series with the Phillies...

GO REDS !!!

Here's a good opportunity to get back in form. Washington isn't nearly as horrid as they were last season and they won't give away any games for free, but the Reds are still clearly better.

Also, the Reds last three losses all came by the immensely frustrating score of 1-0. Those games are very much decided by chance, and luck will inevitably shift to the Reds soon enough.

k thanks Army!! And Reds no "1-0" games I'm freaking tired of them. And outfielders how about joining the club and hit the ball!!! Not calling any names here JB but Geeeeez!

Godd*mn, were Owings and Bray TRYING to give the game away in the 6th ??

I'm happy Leake didn't miss out on the win there, I would have been pissed.

This will be the first time we've faced Strasburg and teams facing him for the first time haven't fared well and have struckout a bunch.

It should be interesting to watch this one with the Reds countering with Arroyo.

Hopefully this isn't one of those times Bronson has a bad outing...

GO REDS !!!

This will be the first time we've faced Strasburg and teams facing him for the first time haven't fared well and have struckout a bunch.

It should be interesting to watch this one with the Reds countering with Arroyo.

D*MN IT !!!

D*MN IT !!!

That's what I said when I saw St. Louis won for the eighth straight game. Against the Phillies no less.

This second half will not be easy.

I really wish the media would get a grip on this whole Strasburg thing. The guy's amazing, but the headlines this morning are all about how he shut down the Reds, 7 ks, blah blah blah.

Last I checked 5 2/3 innings with 3 ER was acceptable, but not anything sensational. The Reds lost because their pitching sucked, not because Strasburg was an unhittable beast.

Anyway, this game is meaningless if we win game 4. I won't complain about taking 3 of 4 from ANY team in the majors. Can't wait to see Volquez go again today.

I really wish the media would get a grip on this whole Strasburg thing. The guy's amazing, but the headlines this morning are all about how he shut down the Reds, 7 ks, blah blah blah.

Last I checked 5 2/3 innings with 3 ER was acceptable, but not anything sensational. The Reds lost because their pitching sucked, not because Strasburg was an unhittable beast.

Anyway, this game is meaningless if we win game 4. I won't complain about taking 3 of 4 from ANY team in the majors. Can't wait to see Volquez go again today.

I support this comment 100%.

When your ace gives up 3 earned runs over less than 6 innings, that's nothing sensational. If you get the win, it's fine, but don't go on and on about how he's a "shutdown" type of pitcher. Could he be in the future when he pitches further into games ?? Sure, no doubt. However, lets keep things in perspective.

This game went about the way I thought it would and a win tonight equals winning the first two series to open the second half.

That will keep the Reds in contention all the way through if they can continue.

St Louis is on fire and we start playing .500 ball not good with Rolen not playing now!!! We getting a few guys back now to but Rolen is one of the big bats that's been keeping us going. Wow I'm hoping this isn't bad things coming at us!!!

It's hard to find any silver lining in two consecutive bad losses to the Nationals. They'd better figure it out or they'll find themselves looking way up at St. Louis very quickly.

Well 1st place felt good the short time it lasted.