How the Heck is Joey Votto........

semiotter

This is a April Fools joke in July right? How the hell is this player not on this team? Somebody please tell me how this man who is one of the top players in the NL not here? I know there are only so many spots and every team has to have at least one player. But come on. Oh he can still get voted on but if he is not from a big city what are his chances. Oh well Joey you are a All-Star to us anyway!!!!

Yeah, it's one of the biggest snubs I can remember.

Go vote for him as the last man if you haven't already.

At this point I'd rather see him get some time off and rest up. The Reds are going to need him fresh after the All Star break.

He leads the entire freaking NL in OPS. He's top five in all three triple crown categories. His team is in first place. What the hell does it take?

Let the Reds win the division over the Cardinals and Brewers, the respect will follow.

Heck with Joey getting thrown out of the game in the first, his on base per game streak was stopped today to....Geeeez

He deserves to be an All Star this season, unfortunately he plays First Base, so you figure they have 3 First Basemen.

Pujols is automatic. Ryan Howard is more popular, but I have no idea how Adrian Gonzalez got on there ahead of Votto.

A look at some of the numbers (except for Pujols)

Ryan Howard: .296 avg 15 HR's 59 RBI .852 OPS

Adrian Gonzalez: .291 avg 16 HR's 51 RBI .903 OPS

Joey Votto: .318 avg 21 HR's 59 RBI 1.017 OPS

As of today, Howard has the same # of RBI's as Votto, but Votto blows both Howard and Gonzalez away in every other major category. Again, you have to imagine Pujols and Howard are going to get the nod, but Adrian Gonzalez over Joey Votto? WOW

That's what sucks about the "Every team has to have at least 1 representative rule) They needed to have a Padre on that team, and Gonzalez is the best Padre. Reds already had 3 (Rhodes,Phillips,Rolen)