Ravens, Bulger agree to 1-year deal

That's a lot of money to pay a vet to hold a clip board. I wonder what's going on in Ozzie's head with this move.

Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with quarterback Marc Bulger.

The deal is worth $3.8 million, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The deal, struck Wednesday, will become complete if Bulger passes a physical.

Bulger spent the previous nine years of his career with the St. Louis Rams. The two-time Pro Bowler is expected to compete to be the backup to Joe Flacco.

Bulger has 27 games of at least 300 yards passing during his career. In 2008, he became the fifth-fastest quarterback in NFL history to reach the 20,000-yard passing milestone, doing so in only 81 games.

He fought a series of injuries last season and played in only nine games before placing in injured reserve on Dec. 26.

It's easy to bash away at how much they shell out for Bulger's services, but I bet there won't be a single person b*tching about it if Flacco goes down for a period of time and he keeps them afloat. I wish I felt confident that we had the same situation if something (God forbid) were to happen to Carson. I'm not saying Bulger is all world here, but as a backup, you could find worse.

This just tells me that Baltimore is trying to make a real push this year.

Both Cincy and Baltimore are "going for it" this year. Should be fun.

As for this particular matter, advantage Ravens...and yeah, it's a big one. Because if Palmer goes down again we're done. As for Baltimore, they might actually be better, short term, with Bulger.