Reds @ Cardinals!

The Reds probably aren't better than the Cardinals this year. But you can see this team turning the corner and by the beginning of next year they could be the best team in the Central for years to come.

They lose 2 of 3 in St. Louis but I like what they showed and how they played. The Reds only have 6 more games against the Cardinals. They really don't have many more games against teams equal to or better than them.

With them being one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the National League, there's a very good chance they'll be in the hunt all season.

The Reds probably aren't better than the Cardinals this year.

I'm not buying this argument yet. The Cards won a three game series at home 2-1. We did the same to them when they last visited Cincinnati. We're still tied for first, and IMO they will continue to battle St. Louis for the division.

Yeah, you have to love what you see out of Lecure for sure. Playing in front of many family and friends, in his home town, against his favorite team growing up, and he looked solid. There is still plenty of room to develop for sure, but for his 2nd MLB start in that scenario ?? Yeah, I'm liking the pitching staff we are looking at.

Both Arroyo and Harang may be gone after this season, where I thought they may actually try to hang onto Arroyo. There is simply to much depthin the rotation to pay them what they will be asking. Either that or the Reds needs to make some decent trades.

Overall, I'm still pretty happy, because they really do look like they will be in contention most of the season.

Check back after the All-Star break and we should know more...

The Reds probably aren't better than the Cardinals this year.

I'm not buying this argument yet. The Cards won a three game series at home 2-1. We did the same to them when they last visited Cincinnati. We're still tied for first, and IMO they will continue to battle St. Louis for the division.

Oh yeah, I think they will battle with them until the end of the season. I just think that the Cards have the edge in pitching and in the end that will get them the NL Central.

The Reds could take the division and should be there...but more than likely they'll be looking at the Wild Card. Next year will be a huge year for this team. Things are looking up.

Yeah, you have to love what you see out of Lecure for sure. Playing in front of many family and friends, in his home town, against his favorite team growing up, and he looked solid. There is still plenty of room to develop for sure, but for his 2nd MLB start in that scenario ?? Yeah, I'm liking the pitching staff we are looking at.

Both Arroyo and Harang may be gone after this season, where I thought they may actually try to hang onto Arroyo. There is simply to much depthin the rotation to pay them what they will be asking. Either that or the Reds needs to make some decent trades.

Overall, I'm still pretty happy, because they really do look like they will be in contention most of the season.

Check back after the All-Star break and we should know more...

LeCure has earned a spot on this team in the rotation or in the bullpen. If Harang keeps pitching solid he could be a key trade piece come July.

Arroyo probably won't go anywhere until the offseason. But as far as LeCure goes, he's solid and could be a consistent contributor the rest of the year. And with Chapman waiting for his chance and Volquez coming back, the pitching staff should get better for the stretch run.