If you could build a franchise...

Select the top player to build a franchise around.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Select the top player to build a franchise around.

• LaDainian Tomlinson
    • Peyton Manning
    • Ray Lewis
    • Chad Johnson
    • Priest Holmes
    • Champ Bailey
    • Randy Moss
    • Tom Brady
    • Other

Barbarian, your exactly right. Thats what I was trying to say in my post that you have to build a team around a great RB and LT is the rusher that I would want to build around. He's young and talented and is just going to get even better.

I disagree. Runningback is possibly the easiest position in the league to fill. I'd build an offense from the offensive line back, in which case any average runningback could have a career. Case in point, the Denver Broncos.

In any case, the last four Super Bowl champs have been weak or inexperienced at RB, so clearly the best teams are not following the 'build around the runningback' method.

im sorry barbarian but you sir are an idiot. The only place RB's are more important than QB's in fantasy fooball. Thats it. No other place.

On the real field, and in reality, a QB is much more valuable than a RB. Has your ass ever even played football? My god man, i cant believe u are argueing RB's and QBs...its sad.

And like ckj just said...its the easiest position to fill...anyone can play it. If walter payton was so important, why did the fridge get the TD's in the SB? B)

wanna list the great qb's to play now mr piddly list. give me a break with your analysis.

im sorry barbarian but you sir are an idiot. The only place RB's are more important than QB's in fantasy fooball. Thats it. No other place.

On the real field, and in reality, a QB is much more valuable than a RB. Has your ass ever even played football? My god man, i cant believe u are argueing RB's and QBs...its sad.

And like ckj just said...its the easiest position to fill...anyone can play it. If walter payton was so important, why did the fridge get the TD's in the SB? B)

wanna list the great qb's to play now mr piddly list. give me a break with your analysis.

Whoa...this thread just took an abrupt high speed turn towards the smack forum! :lol:

Whoa, now don't get me wrong, its not that I think just anyone can play it. Its that there are more of them - it seems as though the best athletes tend towards runningback, so naturally there are more acceptable prospects. Besides, the most important yards are gained by the OL. Not even the best back in the league could pound it in the endzone without an OL getting some push.

Vick - overrated, wont ever win a superbowl. 

Thomlinson - great runningback, but a running back cant carry a team like a QB could.

How is Vick overrated? He's got perhaps the strongest arm in the NFL, not to mention athleticism. If he had a good running back and an O-line how would you stop him? The only reason the Falcons made the playoffs a couple of years ago was because of him...and he really didn't have much of a supporting cast. So you're saying Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl but Vick can't? Come on man. :huh:

Ackley1,

No, you have that wrong. Trent Dilfer DID win a Super Bowl. Mike Vick's team went in as a wildcard. They didn't even sniff Super Bowl.

He may have the strongest arm in the NFL--but his accuracy is horrid!!! How many times did you see Vick over-throwing people while not having his feet planted??? How about throwing off his back foot??? How many times did he skip the ball off the Dome's Carpet???

Here's his stats for his career:

PASSING

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

2001 Atlanta Falcons 8 2 113 50 44.2 785 6.95 52 2 3 21/113 11 4 62.7

2002 Atlanta Falcons 15 15 421 231 54.9 2936 6.97 74 16 8 33/206 44 8 81.6

2003 Atlanta Falcons 5 4 100 50 50.0 585 5.85 49 4 3 9/64 7 2 69.0

TOTAL 28 21 634 331 52.2 4306 6.79 74 22 14 63/383 62 14 76.3

Notice how his completion percentage for his career is 52.2%???????????? That sucks!!!!! Akillme Smith would probably be pissed about having completion percentage rates that low. How about QB rating--81.6 is the highest rating he's had in his career. That's slightly above AVERAGE. His career QB rating 76.3 is MEDIOCRE AS HELL. What Rush said about McNabb should have been worded different, but he SHOULD have used Mike Vick as his example. At least McNabb's been close 3 times.

I'll go a little more ruthless with this--MIKE VICK'S INJURY LAST YEAR WAS HIS OWN DAMNED FAULT!!! His unnecessary scrambling is partly to blame. If Vick stays in the f**king pocket, then he doesn't get hurt. Atlanta then goes on to have another average to above average year.

Don't give me this s**t about him using his feet to win either. That s**t doesn't work for me. Randall Cunningham proved that QB's aren't supposed to take that kind of beating--and I believe that Randall Cunningham is bigger than Vick.

Here's another thing--Vick is only 6'0, 215. That's wayyyyyy too smallish. No wonder why Vick has to "unnecessarily" scramble--HE CAN'T f**king SEE OVER HIS LINEMAN!!! He's like Doug "The Miracle" Flutie--You have to design passing lanes in Offensive Pass Blocking Schemes. I'll make a bet that the 6'0 thing is exaggerated.

He's only played for 3 seasons though, and one full season. Yes, he does run too much the guy is going to improve and become a more accurate passer. I know Dilfer won a Super Bowl. I was trying to make a point that if Dilfer can win the big game Vick can also.

Plain and simple , you build your team around a quarterback. Peyton Manning would be my choice easily over the rest on that list.

- A wideout is only as good as his quarterbacks ability to throw him the ball.

- Lewis doesn't play offense, and you still have to score more than your opponent.

- NO running back on that list has proven themselves to be a " all time great " like a Payton or a Jim Brown.

- Finally, Peyton calls his own plays, ala' Jim Kelly, Terry Bradshaw - . Elway did have a good running game . Sammy Winder was a good back for the Broncos, He wasn't an elite back, but if Dan Reeves was half a coach it shouldn't have taken an elite back to win with John Elway as your quarterback.

Pditty,

I love it--you can't prove your argument, so you insult me (and a bad one at that). How pathetic you are. Now I know that you have your panties all in a bunch--or are you still wearing that thong from Victoria's Secret that your boyfriend sent you???

One more back I forgot about was Jamal "The Dealer" Lewis. This example will make your theory explode. Explain to me how the 2000 Ravens won the Super Bowl if Trent Dilrod was the most important player on the Ravens??? According to your theory, he was.

And what's this s**t about me never playing football??? I've played football since I was in 4th grade up until 2 years ago. I'm 32. I would be willing to bet that you haven't played past Junior High.

Since YOU DO KNOW IT ALL, Pdiddly--explain to me what's more important and give me reasons why:

A 4,000 yard passer or a 2,000 yard rusher.

I just wanna see how far that thong will creep up your ass. It couldn't be too comfortable the way it is now.

:lol::lol::lol:

LT cant take u anywhere alone, look at san diego.

Peyton MADE the playoffs with a s**tty defense like san diego's....wanna reassess your vote arnold?

bow down biches :-D

Uhm, you're forgetting that Peyton had Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison the moment he set foot on the turf, so thats invalid.

If there was a ahem, certain whiny crybaby brother of Peyton's on San Diego's team instead of NY, that would be a similar situation to the one Peyton had. LT and Eli would do some damage.....

(And how could you NOT want to live in San Diego? :blink: )

I dont think either is more important than the other. Both are great, but neither will win you a superbowl. Im not a stat guru so i cant tell you facts but im sure most 4000 yrd passers and most 2000 yrd rushers didnt win the super bowl that year. But id gander that more 4000 yrd passers won it than 200 yrd rushers.

Im not insulting you, just transitioning into the argument like you do. Sorry if you are too sensitive to take it...ill try to clean it up for you.

I played football in HS, LB/DE/TE. I coulda went to JUCO but i preffered to go to a university to get an education. anything else?

Im pretty much done with this argument now...since your last response had nothing pretty much to contribute to your argument.

Have a good day Mr Sensitive!

I dont think either is more important than the other.  Both are great, but neither will win you a superbowl.  Im not a stat guru so i cant tell you facts but im sure most 4000 yrd passers and most 2000 yrd rushers didnt win the super bowl that year.  But id gander that more 4000 yrd passers won it than 200 yrd rushers. 

Im not insulting you, just transitioning into the argument like you do.  Sorry if you are too sensitive to take it...ill try to clean it up for you. 

I played football in HS, LB/DE/TE.  I coulda went to JUCO but i preffered to go to a university to get an education.  anything else?

Im pretty much done with this argument now...since your last response had nothing pretty much to contribute to your argument. 

Have a good day Mr Sensitive!

Pditty,

*Sigh*--well, more 4,000 yard passers have won the Super Bowl because there has been wayyyyyyyyy more 4,000 passers than 2,000 yard rushers. In fact, there have only been 5:

1. Orenthal Simpson ('Da Killa)

2. Barry Sanders

3. Terrell Davis

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Eric Dickerson

Out of the 5, only 1 RB took his team all the way that year--Terrell Davis.

I'll tell you what though--You can take your choke-artist Payton Manning--and I'll take my workhorse LT with the Denver Broncos Line and go all the way--I'll get Trent Dilfer's dumbass to do it too--I'll get me a decent defense too since I'm NOT SPENDING $100 MILLION ON MY QUARTERBACK TO DO IT TOO!!!

You build your franchise and I'll build mine.

BTW, I WASN'T getting all sensitive, YOU WERE. You realized you were losing the argument so you called me an "idiot" in a fit of your pent up schoolgirl anger. I was making an observation that calling people "idiot"s on the internet is both lame and trite. It's also not good enough--in other words--I thought you could do better. At least be entertaining with your cheapshots there, Roger Clemens.

So next time try:

1. Inbred hillbilly redneck piece of s**t

2. cumdumpster son of a bitch

3. faggot--faggot-ass--faggot

4. donkeys are smarter

I don't know--Pditty--ANYTHING BUT "IDIOT". IT'S OVERUSED. Be more creative. Yes, I expect more out of you. NO--I don't believe you can insult me.

:lol::lol::lol:

CKJ:

Do you really think the Patriots defense is that much better than the 49ers of the 80's...

Let's not forget guys like Ronni Lott (HOF), Bill Romanowski, Charles Haley, Keena Turner and Matt Millen....

CKJ:

Do you really think the Patriots defense is that much better than the 49ers of the 80's...

Let's not forget guys like Ronni Lott (HOF), Bill Romanowski, Charles Haley, Keena Turner and Matt Millen....

I recall the 49ers defenses in the '80s, especially the late '80s (I was too young to recall their earlier success), being good, but not great. Relative to the rest of the NFC they weren't 'great', there were some truly great defenses in the NFC those days which I think overshaddowed the 49ers in that regard.

And you all are forgetting about the importance of a tackle

Personally, I think I would take Orlando Pace with a number one....

Your QB aint gonna do squat for you when he's on the sideline with a concussion..

I'm with you TT...Maybe not Pace cause I don't think he's much of a team player, But the O-line will make average backs look great, and make a QB look good too. That's the biggest problem that expansion teams face, How many times did Carr get sacked his first year? Like a million times? It was due to poor line play for the most part. Why did the Jags do better long term over the Panthers? The Jags payed more attention to their line (it helped they had Tony Boselli as well)

And you all are forgetting about the importance of a tackle

Personally, I think I would take Orlando Pace with a number one....

Your QB aint gonna do squat for you when he's on the sideline with a concussion..

I'm with you TT...Maybe not Pace cause I don't think he's much of a team player, But the O-line will make average backs look great, and make a QB look good too. That's the biggest problem that expansion teams face, How many times did Carr get sacked his first year? Like a million times? It was due to poor line play for the most part. Why did the Jags do better long term over the Panthers? The Jags payed more attention to their line (it helped they had Tony Boselli as well)

It was because of the jackass Texans taking Tony Boselli first in their Expansion Draft. He was supposed to anchor that line. When his shoulder couldn't hold up, David Carr was sacked 80-something times.

Doubt Carr's ability all you want--but you can't doubt his toughness after that season.

If I were to take an Offensive Left Tackle now, it would have to be Johnathan "The Ogre" Ogden.

With his size, you can't lose. He's one of the main reasons for "The Dealer" Lewis' season last year.

man i was just messing with you mr sensitive. the idiot comment was under a funny tone..."u sir are an idiot." is not as bad as "god you are such a f**king idiot." Now calm down mr sensitive while i make another point.

We never said we were gonna put the gd draft pick with whatever team we wanted and whoever we wanted with. THE ***damn QUESTION WAS WHO WOULD BE THE FIRST PICK IN A FANTASY DRAFT!!! If we did the draft for real, and only about football and not stats, it would have to be a QB and not a RB. I only said peyton cuz i think he has the best clock management and coordination skills in this league now...not EVER.

You have lost this argument my friend, have a good day!

man i was just messing with you mr sensitive.  the idiot comment was under a funny tone..."u sir are an idiot." is not as bad as "god you are such a f**king idiot."  Now calm down mr sensitive while i make another point.

We never said we were gonna put the gd draft pick with whatever team we wanted and whoever we wanted with.  THE ***damn QUESTION WAS WHO WOULD BE THE FIRST PICK IN A FANTASY DRAFT!!!  If we did the draft for real, and only about football and not stats, it would have to be a QB and not a RB.  I only said peyton cuz i think he has the best clock management and coordination skills in this league now...not EVER.

You have lost this argument my friend, have a good day!

Pditty,

You're misinformed, sir. Look at the name of the thread. It is NOTHING about Fantasy Drafts. Nice try.

I have lost nothing and stick to my original answer.

Like I said, have fun with your $100 million dollar whining choke-artist QB and the salary cap, and I'll have fun kicking your ass with LT, decent offensive and defensive lines (because I won't be salary cap-strapped) and I'll get Trent Dilrod's dumbass to take snaps from center.

Thanks for playing.

I noticed that you're backpeddling on that "idiot" thing too. The sensitive thing is lame as hell. Try another approach.

BTW, PDitty--you shouldn't have let Jennifer Lopez' world renowned ass go. You should have continued to spank THAT BUBBLE, even if she does make Kelly Bundy look like a Harvard Scholar.

:lol::lol:

do you really think jlo is the hottest piece of ass that pdiddy has gotten lately? She has a great ass...but that face is just "ok."

Ok, your argument about the money is ridiculous. If you picked LT or Peyton first in a draft they would demand the most money regardless...so what they make in reality really wouldnt matter now would it? If you took LT first pick, hed be the most overpayed worthless garbage to step foot on the field for that much $$$.

And im sorry, LT cant even take the chargers to the playoffs, let alone win more than 5 games...peyton sure can though.

I aint backpedeling on s**t bro. I am explaining my sarcasm that you are obviously too retarded or childish to comprehend. (i know that last word had too many syllables so if you say it slowly and ask your mother what it means, mb you'll get the jist)

do you really think jlo is the hottest piece of ass that pdiddy has gotten lately?  She has a great ass...but that face is just "ok."  

Ok, your argument about the money is ridiculous.  If you picked LT or Peyton first in a draft they would demand the most money regardless...so what they make in reality really wouldnt matter now would it?  If you took LT first pick, hed be the most overpayed worthless garbage to step foot on the field for that much $$$. 

And im sorry, LT cant even take the chargers to the playoffs, let alone win more than 5 games...peyton sure can though.

I aint backpedeling on s**t bro.  I am explaining my sarcasm that you are obviously too retarded or childish to comprehend.  (i know that last word had too many syllables so if you say it slowly and ask your mother what it means, mb you'll get the jist)

Pditty,

What is Peyton's contract bling and what is LT's??? If you're going to select Peyton as of right now, then you have to take his current contract. Pay your whiny ass boy $100 mil and then you don't have much left over.

QB's contracts USUALLY make more than RBs. That means you're going to end up paying Peyton more.

Your final point is gay. My reading composition is just fine, dude. I'm comprehending that you are not getting my points. Another comprehension is that you talk smack like a 15 year old.

Really, I'm disappointed in you, Pditty. I thought you could do better. I was wrong.

One more thing--WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT JLO'S FACE??? I'm not going to be f**king her face! As a matter of fact, I'll have her ugly ass face buried in a pillow and I'll be hitting it from behind like a caveman!!! I know your virgin ass doesn't know what I'm talking about--so take this quote into mind--"FACE DOWN, ASS UP--THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKE TO F*CK!!!"

:lol::lol:

I'd rather build my team around a guy like Eric Steinbach, a young superior offensive line will let you put anyone behind them and make them a superstar, just like Denver has done in creating Portis, Anderson, Davis, etc.

Exact demundo B)