Smokeless tobacco

Guys, I've been finding myself go through some rough times with an ongoing smokeless tobacco addiction. I've been spending a lot of time on a site that is really helping me via information and forum support buddies. Any of you guys hardcore, longtime dippers, I'm begging you to check out the site and dare to make a decision that could end up saving your life.

www.killthecan.org

Won't hurt you to look, and it's free.

Greg

Huh. Greg, I never pegged you as a dipper.

Personally I go through a can of Skoal Straight about every five days. I picked this habit up late in life, and only been doing it since 2006 as close as I remember.

As in any substance in life, it's best enjoyed in moderation.

My father and I quit smoking cigarettes together way back in 2003. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but it was well worth it. If its anything like smoking, you'll never get completely over it, but it becomes a lot more manageable with each passing year. One thing is, you definitely will not regret it. You'll save a ton of money, and once you start getting over the physical withdraws, you start to feel so much healthier. I know it makes each day feel incredibly long, but you will get past it and you'll be glad you did it.

Personally I go through a can of Skoal Straight about every five days. I picked this habit up late in life, and only been doing it since 2006 as close as I remember.

I'm like you, Billy. Started late in life. Not a can a day guy, but more like a can in 4 days. Skoal Straight and Wintergreen, Copenhagen Straight. Then I'd find myself at times wanting to quit and not being able to, because it had gotten a hold on me in a very short time. Would quit for 2-3 days, go through the withdrawls, then justify buying another can. That scared me.

Try going cold turkey for seven straight days. If you can do it with no problem, you have no problem. If you find it difficult to go just seven days, check out the site. It's got good info on it.

I'm like you, Billy. Started late in life. Not a can a day guy, but more like a can in 4 days. Skoal Straight and Wintergreen, Copenhagen Straight. Then I'd find myself at times wanting to quit and not being able to, because it had gotten a hold on me in a very short time. Would quit for 2-3 days, go through the withdrawls, then justify buying another can. That scared me.

Try going cold turkey for seven straight days. If you can do it with no problem, you have no problem. If you find it difficult to go just seven days, check out the site. It's got good info on it.

I smoked from the time I was 13 till I turned 30 (about a pack a day for the last 15 years). I quit cold turkey almost 13 years ago and every once in awhile I still think a smoke sounds good.

But still, if you really want to kick the habit, you will. If you have not really set your mind to it, trying to quit will only work for a short period of time.

Did anyone see that Congress is going to start investigating the use of smokeless tobacco in baseball? Does it upset anyone else that they're worried about that when they have more urgent matters to attend to?

Did anyone see that Congress is going to start investigating the use of smokeless tobacco in baseball? Does it upset anyone else that they're worried about that when they have more urgent matters to attend to?

This is part of the new Obama universal, world-wide, no sick guy left behind, health care plan, isn't it? I mean, ball players dying of oral cancer (a serious non-joking matter btw) will drain billions out of our deep health care coffers.

Seriously, in response to your question, yes.