State of the Bengals

NFL Total Access crew discusses the state of the bengals, their chances of repeating as division champs and who might be the best fit for them with the 21st overall selection in April. Check it out folks...

It will also re-air multiple times tonight.

So, they think the best move the Bengals made was to bring back Mike Zimmer. Hard to argue with that one huh ??

They also think the Bengals can repeat as AFCN champs and that Gresham will be the pick at #21. They said that Gresham not only fills a need, but is the kind of player that just creates all kinds of issues for an opposing defense and exactly what Carson needs to open things up. They made mention about how it would look with Chad, Bryant, and Gresham on the field at the same time.

With the thoughts of Gronkowski having Spinal Stenosis, I think it raises the value of Gresham even more and there is simply no way he's going to be there in the 2nd round. That being said, IF they really are looking at a TE, Gresham would have to be the pick at #21. To that all I can say is, I hope Brat is really focused on using the TE position if Gresham is the pick.

So, they think the best move the Bengals made was to bring back Mike Zimmer. Hard to argue with that one huh ??

They also think the Bengals can repeat as AFCN champs and that Gresham will be the pick at #21. They said that Gresham not only fills a need, but is the kind of player that just creates all kinds of issues for an opposing defense and exactly what Carson needs to open things up. They made mention about how it would look with Chad, Bryant, and Gresham on the field at the same time.

With the thoughts of Gronkowski having Spinal Stenosis, I think it raises the value of Gresham even more and there is simply no way he's going to be there in the 2nd round. That being said, IF they really are looking at a TE, Gresham would have to be the pick at #21. To that all I can say is, I hope Brat is really focused on using the TE position if Gresham is the pick.

Ill be suprised if the Bengals take Gresham with that pick, but i wont complain if they use the TE more this year. I still think they will be going defense.

Just reporting what I watched, but can't say the picking of Gresham would surprise me...

I'm not dead against too much... but Gresham is one of the few that make my list.

That said, I was on a website recently that specializes in scouting reports, and noticed that they had a 3 round mock draft. In the 1st round, they have the Bengals taking Dez Bryant. In the 2nd round, they have the Bengals selecting Gresham.

I wasn't of the belief that anything could happen that would make the guys on Bengalszone as happy as the Maualuga pick last year... but then I read that and forsaw countless Bengalzoners unable to post because they were busy cleaning their sticky keyboards.

Just reporting what I watched, but can't say the picking of Gresham would surprise me...

I'm not dead against too much... but Gresham is one of the few that make my list.

That said, I was on a website recently that specializes in scouting reports, and noticed that they had a 3 round mock draft. In the 1st round, they have the Bengals taking Dez Bryant. In the 2nd round, they have the Bengals selecting Gresham.

I wasn't of the belief that anything could happen that would make the guys on Bengalszone as happy as the Maualuga pick last year... but then I read that and forsaw countless Bengalzoners unable to post because they were busy cleaning their sticky keyboards.

I saw that same thing as well and simply didn't post it here because of the near impossibility of it happening. I would be able to turn off the TV at that point and not worry about the rest of the draft as I would have already given it an A+.

Anyway, as I mentioned somewhere else, I think if Gronkowski truly has spinal stenosis, it drives the value of Gresham up even more, as the dropoff after him becomes even moreso.

I gotta admit I ruined a keyboard when I heard reys name again and I'll probably ruin another :P with Mays :P

I don't think a TE in r1 is in the cards and I feel Gresham would be a reach there.

A pass rusher, safety, or WR would be the best fit.

I imagine how much better this team would be, specifically Hall and Joseph, with a real pass rush. The turnover differential would look like 2005.

My thoughts about Gresham haven't changed much since he emerged four or five months ago as the prospect most frequently mocked to the Bngals at #21. IMHO he simply isn't worthy of that spot but few will bitch about the value because it fills a need. And as Mike Lombardi pointed out during the program, the Bengals are a team whose somewhat shaky draft history is due to it's habit of drafting for specific need rather than best player available, a draft strategy they would be repeating if they selected Gresham.

I'm really debating in my head which would help the D more this year.

DE - They develop slowly and Michael Johnson the return of Odom should help the pass-rush

Corner - With the schedule they have this year an elite 3rd Corner could really come in handy. Boise St. kid would be real tempting if there. BUT a great pass rush makes the secondary job easier.

Safety - Earl Thomas or Taylor Mayes would look real good. The run support would be great. I'm not sure if Roy will make it the season and the fact they just signed him for 1 year makes me think it will be a S #1.

The Jet's are going to be tough. They out muscled us last year. Bottom line.

Please God let Gilyard be available in the 3rd!

I'm really debating in my head which would help the D more this year.

DE - They develop slowly and Michael Johnson the return of Odom should help the pass-rush

Corner - With the schedule they have this year an elite 3rd Corner could really come in handy. Boise St. kid would be real tempting if there. BUT a great pass rush makes the secondary job easier.

Safety - Earl Thomas or Taylor Mayes would look real good. The run support would be great. I'm not sure if Roy will make it the season and the fact they just signed him for 1 year makes me think it will be a S #1.

The Jet's are going to be tough. They out muscled us last year. Bottom line.

Please God let Gilyard be available in the 3rd!

PLEASE!!!!!!