Darrell Russell released by Bucs.

No way. If Gruden realeased him that should wave some flags all over the place, cause he was one of Grudens boys(or old men as the case may be). I'd rather go into the season with the guys that we've got than one guy who's a cup of piss away from not playing for us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1839187

here's the story from espn.com

-

* Hey I over-stand your position Billy, but I really thought entering the draft, especially with all of those draft picks, we would add a top DE, and a couple of young tackles. Instead we drafted 2 linebackers that'll be lucky to touch the field and 3 secondary players.

Considering that we're probably going to keep 8 d-lineman, it'll probably look like this..

1. Duane Clemons DE

2. Justin Smith DE

3. Robert Geathers DE

4. Andre Patterson or Carl Powell - either way they're all built the same 6-2 or more and barely holding onto 270 lbs.

5. John Thornton DT

6. Tony Williams DT

7. Langston Moore DT

8. Mathias Askew DT rookie - the line is thinnest here in both experience and size.

* Hey I over-stand your position Billy, but I really thought entering the draft, especially with all of those draft picks, we would add a top DE, and a couple of young tackles. Instead we drafted 2 linebackers that'll be lucky to touch the field and 3 secondary players.

Considering that we're probably going to keep 8 d-lineman, it'll probably look like this..

1. Duane Clemons DE

2. Justin Smith DE

3. Robert Geathers DE

4. Andre Patterson or Carl Powell - either way they're all built the same 6-2 or more and barely holding onto 270 lbs.

5. John Thornton DT

6. Tony Williams DT

7. Langston Moore DT

8. Mathias Askew DT rookie - the line is thinnest here in both experience and size.

Chris, I too was stunned when we didn't directly address the defensive line early and often in the draft.

My only explainations for that: Marvin figures he can succeed with what he currently has at his beckon call...and from seeing how well he did in Baltimore, then Washington, I'd tend to let him make the calls! B)

I know my skills don't begin to approach his in making defenses work!

It all depends on whether he can clean up his act. Anyone who doesn't think we could use a 2-time Pro Bowl DT who's got plenty of playing time left (he's what, 28?) is nuts.

If I'm Marvin, I think I sit down and have a long talk with Breshnahan today. He was in Oakland almost the whole time Russell was.

remember its not like we're asking him to come in and start, he's just gonna be a back up.

But still--he's a proven nuissence. What if he doesn't see playing time and starts popping off to the media about it??? It could break up lockerroom harmony.

I don't think spending money on an unstable player like this would be worth it.

Plus, he just looks like a punkass.