Browns workin' it

Then again, if Bradford turns out to be a better than average QB in the league, Holmgren will have people all over his nuts for daring to pull off such a great move.

I would at least give him an "A" for effort compared to what the Browns have tried to do in the past at the QB spot.

If he's wrong about Bradford and he sucks, the Browns will as well for another 5+ years due to it...

Then again, if Bradford turns out to be a better than average QB in the league, Holmgren will have people all over his nuts for daring to pull off such a great move.

I would at least give him an "A" for effort compared to what the Browns have tried to do in the past at the QB spot.

If he's wrong about Bradford and he sucks, the Browns will as well for another 5+ years due to it...

Yeah, maybe. But I still think giving up 3 picks I'm a draft this deep when you have that many holes to fill is a step in the wrong direction.

Peyton Manning wouldn't be taking the Browns to a Super Bowl any time soon, so I think giving up multiple picks for any one player is too much of a risk. Especially when you consider how often 1st round QBs bust... if Bradford ended up being Brady Quinn Jr., it would be like the Browns didn't participate in the 2010 draft. Who knows how many years it would take them to be competitive again.

Yeah, maybe. But I still think giving up 3 picks I'm a draft this deep when you have that many holes to fill is a step in the wrong direction.

Peyton Manning wouldn't be taking the Browns to a Super Bowl any time soon, so I think giving up multiple picks for any one player is too much of a risk. Especially when you consider how often 1st round QBs bust... if Bradford ended up being Brady Quinn Jr., it would be like the Browns didn't participate in the 2010 draft. Who knows how many years it would take them to be competitive again.

Exactly, are they really good enough to think that they're one potentially good QB from being a playoff team? You give away a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick and you're giving away possibly 2 or 3 future starters in a deep draft. I agree, Bradford isn't Peyton Manning. He's just the best QB coming out THIS year.

Personally, I think whoever gets Colt McCoy will get the best QB in this draft.

The best case scenario for the Browns would be to trade down, not up... gather more picks in a draft that is deep enough for some to say that the 2nd round is like another 1st round, and land Colt McCoy either late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. That's how to rebuild.

But hey, I'm no Holmgren.

The Browns can stay where they are and get the best QB in the draft. Jimmy Clausen ran a pro style offense in college. Bradford and McCoy didn't.

Bradford was a friggin SYSTEM QB !!!

You want proof? A TRUE FRESHMAN Landry Jones stepped right in when Bradford got hurt, and the only thing he did was throw for 3,198 yards 26 TD's 14 INT's and post a 130.83 QB Rating...and he did it without Gresham. If a Funkin TRUE FRESHMAN can come in and put up those kind of #'s, I'm thinking its the system.

McCoy has below average arm-strength. He threw a lot of short passes, and doesn't have any "zip" on his balls. Also a "System QB". Not very big at 6'2" 210lbs. Also consider comparing his numbers last year again to Oklahoma's True Freshman, McCoy had 3,521 yards 27 TD's 12 INT's 147.41 QB Rating. Very similar.

So, Bradford basically didn't put up much last year in 2 games, and is coming off shoulder surgery.

His replacement was a TRUE FRESHMAN

Landry Jones 3,198 yards 26 TD's 14 INT's 130.83 QB Rating

Colt McCoy 3,521 yards 27 TD's 12 INT's 147.41 QB Rating

oh and Jimmy Clausen? Playing in a more Pro-Style Offense?

3,722 yards 28 TD's 4 INT's 161.43 QB Rating That's right, only 4 TD's....Also, His yards per attempt average was 8.76 as opposed to McCoy's 7.5.

Only reason why the Browns might not take him, is the school he went to.....Brady Quinn's alma matter.

The Browns can stay where they are and get the best QB in the draft. Jimmy Clausen ran a pro style offense in college. Bradford and McCoy didn't.

Bradford was a friggin SYSTEM QB !!!

You want proof? A TRUE FRESHMAN Landry Jones stepped right in when Bradford got hurt, and the only thing he did was throw for 3,198 yards 26 TD's 14 INT's and post a 130.83 QB Rating...and he did it without Gresham. If a Funkin TRUE FRESHMAN can come in and put up those kind of #'s, I'm thinking its the system.

McCoy has below average arm-strength. He threw a lot of short passes, and doesn't have any "zip" on his balls. Also a "System QB". Not very big at 6'2" 210lbs. Also consider comparing his numbers last year again to Oklahoma's True Freshman, McCoy had 3,521 yards 27 TD's 12 INT's 147.41 QB Rating. Very similar.

So, Bradford basically didn't put up much last year in 2 games, and is coming off shoulder surgery.

His replacement was a TRUE FRESHMAN

Landry Jones 3,198 yards 26 TD's 14 INT's 130.83 QB Rating

Colt McCoy 3,521 yards 27 TD's 12 INT's 147.41 QB Rating

oh and Jimmy Clausen? Playing in a more Pro-Style Offense?

3,722 yards 28 TD's 4 INT's 161.43 QB Rating That's right, only 4 TD's....Also, His yards per attempt average was 8.76 as opposed to McCoy's 7.5.

Only reason why the Browns might not take him, is the school he went to.....Brady Quinn's alma matter.

It's hard to argue with those kind of numbers but I haven't heard anyone anywhere say Bradford is not the best QB in this draft. I'm assuming they are looking at more than the numbers because of they weren't Tebow would be rated much higher than he is.

It's possible that both Claussen and Bradford are successful and I hope that Cleveland misses on getting either of them.

I've heard several people say that they think McCoy will eventually be the best QB from this draft... just not immediately, for the reasons Pimp said. He didn't run a pro-style offense, and it will take him time to adjust.

Look at the talent surrounding Claussen and Bradford compared to McCoy.

You can't really look at Bradford this past season because of how little he played, but in his Hesiman winning season he had the best O-Line in college football, He had one of, if not the best pass catching TEs in college football, and 2 WRs who now play in the NFL. And despite running a pass first spread offense, he had a pair of running backs who gained over 1600 yards in 10 games. They were stacked.

Claussen had Golden Tate, a player that could easily be taken in the 1st round, and if not, was still one of the best WRs in college football, as well as Armando Allen who averaged nearly 90 yards/game. Just because Claussen ran a pro-style offense doesn't make him the best QB. I'd like to point out the amazing numbers that Brady Quinn put up at Notre Dame as well. Weis might not be a good head coach, but the dude can get the most out of his QBs. Will Claussen be better than Quinn? I don't see how he could be much worse... but I have my doubts about him.

McCoy just had a lot of substandard weapons to work with. He had no real threat of a running game (Colt McCoy led the team in rushing attempts and their leading RB only averaged 46 yards/game). His only receiving weapon was Jordan Shipley, a player who will be lucky to be drafted before the 5th round.

I'm just saying, McCoy was not surrounded by nearly as high caliber talent as the other two, and the fact that he led them to the National Title game just shows how he elevates the players around him. That's an NFL QB right there.

and doesn't have any "zip" on his balls

That's a shame for McCoy. I mean usually that doesn't happen until much later in life.

And to think it could cost him first round money makes me wonder how intense that physical exam at the combine is ??

blink.gif

Barum Bum (drumroll ) Ladies and Gentlemen that was ArmyBengal, and he'll be appearing hear all week. lol.gif

and doesn't have any "zip" on his balls

That's a shame for McCoy. I mean usually that doesn't happen until much later in life.

And to think it could cost him first round money makes me wonder how intense that physical exam at the combine is ??

blink.gif

Barum Bum (drumroll ) Ladies and Gentlemen that was ArmyBengal, and he'll be appearing hear all week. lol.gif

So you're saying comedy isn't in my future when I retire this year ?? :lol: