Bengals talking with Roy Williams,Tank Johnson & Bobbie Williams a

Kazkal

» The agent for safety Roy Williams says he’s been talking to the Bengals about a contact for his client and Jordan Woy said Thursday in an e-mail that he plans to keep talking with free agency set to begin two weeks from Friday.

It’s also believed that the club has offered a deal to defensive tackle Tank Johnson, newly represented by Drew Rosenhaus, according to the NFL Players Association. And there are indications from agents that they could meet with the Bengals about other prospective free agents next week in Indianapolis at the NFL scouting combine. The Bengals figure to approach kicker Shayne Graham and right guard Bobbie Williams before the dealing begins, as well as others.

Well Bobbie & Shayne haven't started yet...

I wouldn't mind Bobby coming back just for a leadership role, his play wasn't all that great last year, though. Graham needs to go. I don't know why they're even acting like they're going to make him an offer.

I hope they're able to get Williams and Johnson back.

I wouldn't mind Bobby coming back just for a leadership role, his play wasn't all that great last year, though. Graham needs to go. I don't know why they're even acting like they're going to make him an offer.

Agreed Fully,

Glad to see they're talking already, sign them right when free-agency starts...before some idiot offers them more than they're worth.

....AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GRAHAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see they're talking already, sign them right when free-agency starts...before some idiot offers them more than they're worth.

....AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GRAHAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it will go like Crocker & Cedben they'll test Market See bengals have fair offers and come back...I don't see any team spending bookoo bucks on Tank Johnson and if a team wants to overpay Bobbie Who was overrated IMO this season then let em.

It says here that Williams was a stud who should have been considered for the Pro Bowl.

It says here that Williams was a stud who should have been considered for the Pro Bowl.

Watched all 16 games this season it just looked like Bobbie was Getting Toasted a good portion of it,Maybe It's just Roland & Collins suck made him look bad

I'd like to know how those ratings work o_O We have 2 top 10 Guards (18.2 Bobbie5th & 14.1 Manthis 7th) and Alan Faneca is like negative Five

Yeah. I'm not sure how stats are used to compile rankings... but anyone who watched Bobbie play knows he wasn't a top 5 OG. Hell, even with the stats they provide, he allowed 5 sacks and double digit QB pressures from the RG position... and that's godawful. Not to mention the fact that the Bengals couldn't run up the middle all year, and only ran well on the right side from that unbalanced line. Oh yeah... and 9 f**king penalties. Veteran leadership my ass.

I'd be ok with signing Bobbie to a 1-year deal... because I'm not sure what is available that would be an actual upgrade immediately... but it's long past due to find his long term replacement.

You'll also notice those rankings say Cedric Benson shouldn't of even been an nfl starter ranking him 33rd. Leonard was 16th and should have been our starter. I want to know how they come up with these rankings cause it is clearly ridiculous.

Which is a load of crap because anyone watched him last year knew dude was working his arse off.

Watched all 16 games this season it just looked like Bobbie was Getting Toasted a good portion of it,Maybe It's just Roland & Collins suck made him look bad

Bobbie had a fine year, IMO. It's always difficult to tell how well or how poorly an offensive lineman is playing in pass pro, unless you know the play calls and blocking assignments. I actually think that Bobbie had one of his better years here in the running game, which is easier to get a read on from a fan standpoint. Playing between all the youngsters in Cook, Roland, Collins and 'Dre probably complicated matters even further for Williams.

As far as Dennis Roland goes, teams absolutely figured him out in the second half of the season. He's clearly no better than a 4th or 5th OT on a playoff team, although he played his heart out and gave a consistent effort. He's simply overmatched athletically against the better players and pash rushers at LDE/LOLB.

Bobbie had a fine year, IMO. It's always difficult to tell how well or how poorly an offensive lineman is playing in pass pro, unless you know the play calls and blocking assignments. I actually think that Bobbie had one of his better years here in the running game, which is easier to get a read on from a fan standpoint. Playing between all the youngsters in Cook, Roland, Collins and 'Dre probably complicated matters even further for Williams.

Just wondering but does any one have idea what the Right Side Finished with Yards per attempt to that side? I remember it being really bad 8 games in to the season that was one of the lowest in the NFL?

Just seemed like to me the only time we had positive runs to the right were Jumbo Package,When Smith was in or when Cedric Made something out of nothing.

I wasn't sure what thread to put this one in, and it hardly merits starting a new one.

Per Schefter, the Bengals tender offer to Rashad Jeanty was so low it carries absolutely no potential draft pick compensation.

I'm surprised they tendered him at all.

I like Jeanty, but talk about a player who fell off the map. Skuta was getting more reps than him in the base towards the end of the year, or before Rey was injured.